Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ The Mabudachi 4ever ❯ Introduction ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Introduction
Katana: Welcome to my new fanfiction…um…please enjoy!
~~~~~
 
Shigure was sitting in his study, half asleep. Outside, he could hear his editor pounding at the door. The dog could hear her cries, even though he was upstairs and on the opposite side of the house.
“SHIGURE! WHY DON'T YOU FINISH? PAPER! PENCIL! NOW!”
He smiled, `of course I've already finished the chapter she wants, and the one after that too. But I'm in no big rush to tell her that…'
Shigure stood up and crossed the room singing, “Teatime, teatime…” but when he passed the book shelf, his sleeve caught on a photo album with a bright red cover. It hit the ground with a `plop' and a puff of dust. Shigure stopped to look over his shoulder at it, but then walked out of the room.
A few minutes later, he returned with a pot of hot tea and a cup. All was quiet now, Yuki, Kyo, and Tohru had just left for school and he had given the new chapter to his editor with orders to go home and take a nap, she looked awful. He went back to his desk, stepping around the photo album, still on the floor, and sat down, pouring himself some tea.
For a while, he just looked at the book and the golden lettering on the cover, `The Mabudachi 4 ever' then, finishing off his cup of tea, stood up, picked up the book and sat back down with it. He proceeded to drink another cup of tea and then opened the album to the first page.
There was only one picture on this page. It was a picture of four students, Hatori, Ayame, Shigure himself, and another girl that Shigure had his arm around. They were all in their school uniforms and standing in front of the main house gate. Below the photo was the label, “The Mabudachi Four and their exciting adventures in 10th grade,” in curly, fluid handwriting in pink ink.
“Ayame,” Shigue thought and smiled. After he had looked at the picture for a while, he flipped through the dusty pages to the very last photo. The album wasn't full; it ended about halfway through, ended before it really even had time to start. The last photo he looked at for a long time. It was the same girl as was in the first picture. She was lying on her back with her eyes closed, surrounded by flowers.
In her coffin, she looked as beautiful as ever. Old tear stains spotted the page, and as new ones joined them Shigure cried as he remembered…