Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ The Sohmas' Visitor ❯ A Friendly Walk ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I smiled at her, and looked at her eyes. She seemed so happy. If she's happy living here, maybe I will be to, I though.
 
I bowed to her. “I'm happy to be here, Tohru-kun,” I looked at the other two boys. Though I've never seen them before, I could already figure out who was who. Yuki, with his soft personality and the mellowness of his eyes, was the one with the gleaming gray hair, while Kyo, with lots of pride, yet it seemed there was something on his mind, something that distracted him from the rest of his surroundings, hands in his pockets, was the one with the soft, orange hair and the powerful cat eyes. “Yuki-kun, Kyo-kun,” I bowed to them as well. “How do you do?”
 
Yuki bowed to me. “Erika-chan, we are very pleased to have you.” He smiled at me. His eyes were very soft, and though he was smiling, his eyes didn't seem to be smiling.
 
Kyo didn't say a word, or make eye contact with any of us. He didn't seem at all interested in meeting me. Maybe I would be a problem after all.
 
“Kyo,” Hatori said, still calm. Kyo perked his head up and looked at Hatori, like a kitten would do when it hears a curious sound. “Aren't you going to say hello to Erika? She's going to be staying with you, you'll have to talk to her sometime.”
 
Kyo bowed against his will. I wasn't at all offended, I was actually about to laugh again. I couldn't help but giggling just a bit as I bowed back down to him. “Thank you, Kyo-kun.”
 
Hatori handed me my bags. “I guess you four will be on your way now.” He patted me on the head.
 
“Yes!” Tohru said, still smiling. “Goodbye, Hatori-san! Say hello to Momiji for me!”
 
“That reminds me,” Hatori said, taking off his glasses. “I'll have to send the other Sohmas over to meet Erika later. Momiji, Kisa, Hiro and Ayame should be over sometime today.”
 
“That would be great!” Tohru exclaimed. “Erika-chan, you'll love the other Sohmas! They're so nice, and really fun, too! You'll be spending a lot of time with them. I'll be there too!”
 
“Let's head home now, I have lunch on the stove.” Kyo said. He had such a handsome voice, a lot deeper than Yuki-kun's, and it wasn't very sincere. I could tell he wasn't very fond of staying me staying with the Sohmas, but with Tohru Honda's positive attitude, I think I'll be okay.
 
Once we left Hatori-san's house, it seemed like an excruciating long walk. It's probably just because it was my first time going to Shigure-san's house. I was gonna have to get used to it, though. All thanks to my foolishness.
We were about ten minutes (it seemed) into the walk to Tohru's place. She walked by my side the entire time, while Kyo and Yuki were way ahead of us. “Erika-chan, what would you like to eat for lunch? I'm sure you're hungry! Kyo-kun makes great food! He always help me when I cook, and it's so much fun when we do chores together! We see each other in school a lot, too—”
 
Tohru rambled on. All she talked about for that few minutes was Kyo-kun this, Kyo-kun that… If she went from asking me what I'd like for lunch, all the way to the time when she and Kyo went to the New Year's festival at her school, Tohru must've really like Kyo-kun. He was very handsome, I would admit, but he must only be nice to her if she likes him that much. I had to say something.
 
“You must have really strong feelings for Kyo-kun then, huh?” I said. She stopped for a moment to reply.
 
“Wha? No, n-no, heavens, not l-like…Well, it's not that I don't…I-I…k-kinda…!” She was flipping out, and finally pointed her head down and leaned right on my shoulder. Did she faint? I started to worry, and apparently, so did Yuki-kun and Kyo-kun. They ran to her.
 
“Ah, I'm sorry, Tohru-chan! I didn't mean it, I was just curious! I'm sorry, I won't ask you anything, I won't comment, I promise, don't hate me!” I started to lose it as well.
 
“Tohru, c'mon, don't scare Erika.” He lifted her off my shoulder. I gave out a small sigh of relief.
 
“Erika-chan, what…what did you happen to ask her?” Yuki asked after he turned to me. His hand was on my shoulder. I guess he wanted to know pretty badly.
 
“By the look of it,” I said as I turned my head to Kyo and Tohru, “I think it's up to her to tell you.”
 
Yuki nodded at me. “I can tell you'll be a loyal friend to Tohru. Depending on how long you're staying, she might not let you leave.” All I could say to myself, was that I hope Yuki-kun is right.