Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Truth ❯ Park ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Truth

Chapter three

by Wildfire

Kyou slept soundly in his bed his dreams of the New Years party when he was with Yuki, he had felt so sage than.

The little boy was suddenly jerked from his sleep his mother hovering over him "Hello there. It's you birthday"

Kyou yawns and sits up rubbing his eyes. He felt so tired. He looks at his clock he stares at it trying to figure out the time. Was it the short hand that's the minutes.. or was it the hours?

His mom seeing his confusion smiles "It's 5:30" she pulls his night sleeve up and smiles at the bracelet. "We're going to spend the whole day together, just you and me"

"But isn't Akito and Yuki coming?" He yawns and crawls out of his bed to get dressed..5:30 He wanted to go back to bed!

"Not tell later and I already have your cake. Yuki's not coming though dear neither is Haru"

"Why not?" He starts pulling his shirt over his head struggling with it a bit.

"They're to busy to come to you little party. They have more important things to do." She brushes her hair back "hurry up Kyou we need to get going!" He tone was soft and soothing.

Kyou looks at her and nodes "I'm ready, where are we going?"

"To the park, we'll get ice cream once we get there and they open up." She take his hand checking for the bracelet again and heads downstairs.

Kyou had to jog down the stairs to keep up with his mom. "Why are we leaving so early?"

"Because I wanted to be with you" she stops at the coat closet pulling out hers and Kyou's coat.

Kyou stares at it. He hated this coat. It was bright green with a blue strip where the buttons were. To top it off it was huge and puffy. He slips it on buttoning it up. He looks up at his mom she wore a light blazer that was blue.

"Let's go sweetie" she takes his hand again leading him out of the house. "you know I love you right? You're my special little boy"

Kyou smiles up at her "I know" He looks around the sun was just rising the air was cool and crisp. He never knew morning could be this pretty. He would have to remember to get up this early more often. A small smile liters his lips. Maybe he could even get Yuki up. He laughs out loud at that thought.

"What's so funny?" His mother smiles down at him.

"Nothing just thinking about Yuki"

His mother frowns and stops walking she kneels down in the front of him. "Kyou I don't want you seeing him so much"

Kyou's face showed confusion "why?"

"Because it's his fault that no one likes you"

"How?"

"Because it was the dirty rat who lied to the cat. The rat is a dirty being! He will bring you misery! i do not want you associating with him, ANY more! This," she slides up Kyou's shirt showing the bracelet "this is Yuki's fault." She looks at Kyou's crushed face. "I'm only telling you this because I love you and want you to be happy, OK?"

Kyou nods trying not to cry. He liked Yuki.. he was nice to him. "Can I see Haru?"

His mom sighs and brushes his hair back "you can.. but don't do it often it was the cow that let the rat ride him. The cow will always like the rat and work with each other."

"But Haru doesn't like Yuki!"

"He's pretending dear.. It's not real. You remember out discussion on pretending right? Kyou my love, you can not really have friends you can't trust them. You can only trust me because I'm you mommy and I love you. I'll be your best friend" She pets his hair back again. "Always remember I love you, and only I do" She stands up taking Kyou's hand once again. "Come along now."

Kyou walks with her looking down, Why.. why couldn't he have friends? He loved his mom but she wasn't much fun, not like Yuki or Haru.. could they really be bad?

It took him a minute to realize they weren't walking any more. He looks up and see the deserted park. It was nothing splendid just a couple swings a jungle gym and two slides, one was a tunnel slide. He smiles and runs toward the slide. He supposed playing by himself wouldn't be too bad. He's just have to use his imagination. Maybe he could pretend Yuki was here, too? He played on his own for a while before he turns to ask his mom to join him. She was setting on a bench next to a man. The man that said he couldn't eat at the New Years party! What was he doing here?!

He walks slowly over to them. He looks up toward his mother "mom?"

"Don't tell me you're done already.." she smiles down at him she was cuddled into the man. His hand on her thigh.

"C-can you come play with me?"

"Your mother and I were talking Kyou.. you can join in if you like" Without waiting for an answer the man picks him up setting him on his lap.

"Shamu and I were just talking about how we don't like how you're treated.. He's such a nice man."

"But.." Kyou was about to tell his mom about the New years party but the man suddenly grabbed his thigh squeezing it a warning way.

"It's nice to be held again isn't it? Now that your daddy left." His mother sighs "wouldn't it be nice if Shamu came over with us more often? he could hold you.. and cuddle you.. since I can't"

Kyou shifts uncomfortably the hand on his small thigh still there. "But I wanna be with you" he looks at his mom with pleading eyes. Truth was he didn't really care who it was as long as this man let him go..

"Kyou! that is very impolite! You were just telling me you wanted more friends and here I am offering it to you and you say you don't want it!? You need to apologize right now" she looks at him waiting for him too,

He looks up at the man "I'm sorry.." he shouldn't of had to say that! He was in the right.. wasn't he..?

"Will I'm sorry Kyou but I can't accept this apology. You will need to make it up to me.." the man brushes Kyou's hair back.

Kyou stiffens at the gentle movement he knew his mom had done it hundreds of times but coming from this man it just felt, wrong. "I think I'm going to go play now.." he moves to get off the mans lap but the man held him there.

"well I suppose I should go get that ice cream.." his mother stands and stretches.

"Isn't it still to early? Can I come?" Kyou again tries to get up but is held there.

"They should be opening soon. You stay here and bond with Shamu" She checks Kyou's wrist than walks off leaving the two alone.

The man looks down at the boy in disgust "you think you're better than me, cat?" he spat the last word. He grabs Kyou's hair and pulls back roughly "do you know what your mother goes through for you? And you don't even show her respect! I knew the cat was dirty but you are ridiculous!" He sneers down at him. "She want me to take care of you.. I haven't decided if I want to or not.."

"What do you mean? Why?"

The man smirks "Why would I?"

The boy looks away "Can I go play now? Please?"

"No, sit still!" he hiss's than smiles. Which to Kyou was almost scarier.. The man brushes Kyou's hair back. "would you like me to be your daddy?"

"No, I have a dad" Kyou starts to struggle to get off the man's lap.

The man holds him still "no!" His rough hands grips Kyou's arms to hold him down. "your father left. He hated you! Just like your mother!"

"My mom doesn't hate me!" Kyou hits the man in the chest. "She loves me! She tells me so!"

"She's scared of you, you stupid boy!" He slaps Kyou's cheek still holding him with his other arm. "You're pathetic no one wants you.. You're a monster!"

Kyou shakes his head as tears fall down his cheeks "no.. I'm not a monsters! I'm just a boy!"

"You're a monster, a monster that's kept at bay by this!" the man snaps Kyou's bracelet he smirks and looks up "well it looks like it's going to rain.. You don't like the rain, do you Kyou?"

His orange hair shakes as he looks up at the sky in worry.

"The rain lets the monster come out more doesn't it? It's harder to push it away.." Shamu runs his hand gently down Kyou's face. "is it scary? Or do you like it? I bet you like it.. makes you feel more comfortable doesn't it.. feel right, normal?"

Kyou shakes his head "no it just makes me tied.." He looks up at the rain "I need to go home.."

"No You will wait for your mother" the man sneers at the boy and roughly pushes him off his lap and stands up "I however am leaving I don't want you to leave tell your mother gets back, under stood?"

Kyou stares up at him. He was starting to grow more tired as the rain grew closer. He nods, he didn't like this, he didn't like the rain. the man smirks and goes chuckling as he leaves.

Kyou shivers as he's left in the cold alone. He knew it was going to rain soon he needed shelter if he wanted to stay dry. He spots the tunnel slide and climbs into it. It was hard to stay up high enough to stay away from the rain, what had just stared up. He shivers wedging himself more into the slide. His butt was quickly growing wet from the rain that had gotten in the slide and was sliding down it. After much moving and sliding Kyou was finally able to wedge himself so his butt wouldn't get to wet and he didn't have to put much strength into staying in.

He sighs relaxing a bit as he listens to the rain.. He was so tired. He didn't know when he had fallen asleep only he had.

Kyou slept for hours waking briefly every not and than to shift his sore legs...