Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Truth ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 2

Truth

by wildfire

Kyou ran, He ran as fast as his tiny legs could move. It was the last day of the party and people were already starting to leave. He was having one more race with Yuki. Racing was the one think Kyou almost came close to beating Yuki at. Yet unless Yuki held back the rat would still win.

Yuki ran right beside him, pushing his little legs as will. He'd beat the cat but it wouldn't be an easy win at any level. They run past a crowd of people, both there faces set in determination.

"KYOU!" both boys stopped dead in there tracks looking at the owner of the gruff voice. He had the typical Black hair and brown eyes. "We're leaving.. let's go!" Kyou runs over to the man, his father. The man looks at Yuki his voice softens "You be a good kid Yuki.. and remember both me and my wife would love to have you come visit more.. You are a good kid" The man walks off and Kyou hurries behind him.

"Hey dad could we know you know go to the park or something today?" Kyou looks up at him hopefully.

"no.. we can't.. maybe your mother will take you?" He gets to the main gates than walks out to their car Kyou's mother was already there and in the car. Kyou hops into the back of the car.


"Morning mother.. you sleep will?" Kyou buckles his safety belt and looks at her.

"I did.. thank you for asking, my son." She looks straight ahead as the car starts off.

Kyou smiles, his mother wasn't mad at him any more.


"Did you have fun with Yuki these last days Kyou? No one said any thing mean did they?" she looks back at him "you know I love you right?" He gently takes his arm pulling the sleeve back to check for the bracelet than lets the wrist go. And turns back around.

"Of course I do.." Kyou looks down at his wrist, wondering why she always looked at it.. he knew it was important to wear the bracelet but it wasn't like he was going to take it off or anything.

It wasn't long until they pulled up to their house after all they didn't live far from the main house; none of the Zodiac families did really. Kyou jumps out of the car and runs to the door.

"Kyou wait for us it's very rude to run off like that!" His father approaches him and unlocks the door opening it up for Kyou.

"Sorry father.. I won't do it again" his voice was soft and quite. He goes into the house at a normal pace than upstairs into his room. He looks around and grabs a pen and paper his birthday was very soon and he wanted to tell his parents what he wanted. He didn't really know how to spell so he decided to draw.

About twenty minutes later Kyou runs down the stairs and hands the pictures to his father. "Look I drew these pictures to show what I want for my birthday!" his father sat in a big recliner it wasn't typical in Japan but his father loved it he was always sitting in it.

His father takes the pictures and looks through him "what is this?" He shows Kyou the picture.

"it's a plain but i just want a toy plain" Kyou tells him with a smile.

"It's wrong.. you have way to many wheels and I've never seen an orange plain. you also need more window's an much smaller it's not like a car you know!" He hands the picture to Kyou "you may want to work on that before you try and tell someone what you want, and they can't even tell what it is" He shuffles through the pictures again. "Is this suppose to be... what a bike?" Kyou nods holding the other picture to his chest. "why is it pink? You're not a girl Kyou.. You shouldn't draw things you want in pink and the tires need spokes that's what holds them together" He hands that picture to Kyou as will. He starts to shuffle through the pictures again than sighs and hands the whole stack to Kyou "you need to fix all of these go and work on them again and we'll see how good they are after that.. ok?"

Kyou nods "it's not a big deal though.. I mean they were just stupid drawings.. nothing important.."

His father nods "that's right.. but you should still practice because you need to get better"

"Kyou? You lunch is ready. Come on in and sit at the table" His mother stood in the doorway.

Kyou nods and hurries and sits at the table. His mom takes his arm again checking for the bracelet than hands him his food she runs a hand through his hair. "I love you Kyou.." she than leaves the room with hers and his fathers plate. They ate in the living room but since Kyou was still a child he had to eat at the kitchen table other wise it was just too messy. He eats his lunch as fast as he can so he can go and join his parents in the living room.

When he finished his sandwich he takes his plate to the sink and uses a chair to stand on and wash the plate off than sticks it in the dish washer once he has the chair back in it's proper place he runs back into living room. "I'm done and my dish is in the dish washer"

"Did you rinse it off?" his father asks and looks at him, Kyou nods "very will than go play upstairs we're watching an adult movie right now"

He nods and looks at the TV... adult.. but he had seen that movie before... they had bought it for him on his sixth birthday, it had monkey's in it.. it was Yuki's favorite movie. He looks down and than heads upstairs he collapses on his bed deep in thought. It was thinking that no child his age should think about.

*****

Days pass and soon a week pass's Kyou's birthday was only days away. He quickly runs down the stairs. "mom? Mom for my birthday can Yuki and Haru come over?"

His mom sniffs wiping her eye and cheeks. Than turns to Kyou and lifts his arm and checks for his bracelet "no love.. you and me are going to go out and do something .. just the two of us.."

"what about dad though? Will he be coming?" Kyou asks swaying from the tip of his foot to the heal.

His mother lets out a chocked sob. "No hunny your daddy.. your daddy has left..."

"Where? When's he coming home? Won't he be here for my birthday?"

His mother looks at him her eyes narrowing a little "NO he's NEVER coming back!" Kyou jumps and moves back. His mother sighs again "Ohh baby I'm sorry you know I love you... why don't you go leave Mommy alone.. I'm busy"

Kyou nods and runs off.. his dad wasn't coming home? Why? Doesn't his father want to be home with them? The door bell rang Kyou runs to answer it. Hatori stood there eyes narrow at the small Neko.

"Akito wants to know where his invitation is to your birthday. As your birthday is only a few days away"

His mother comes into the room "you can tell Akito that we'd love to have him.. though there won't really be a party but I'll pick up a cake just for him to have. Tell him to be here at four?"

Hatori looks at a small booklet of his "five would be better"

"Of course when ever he can make it would be wonderful" She smiles warmly at him.

Hatori nods "very will than he will be here sharply at five. Make sure it will be fun, Akito doesn't like to be bored" He heads out the door and back out side he joins up with Shigure on the streets. Together the two head back to the main house.

"Ahh mom! I don't want Akito to come!" Kyou whines.

There was a loud slapping noise and Kyou gasps eyes wide. His hand slowly comes up to his red cheek.

"You will not be rude. Akito wants to come and he is allowed to come!" she looks at the red hand print on his cheek. "Go.. go up to your room and stay there" She turns and walks away from the door.

He stares at the door for a second than hurries upstairs with tears streaming down his cheeks. It wasn't that it hurt that bad, because it didn't Yuki had given him much worse before it was just... his mother did it. He closes his door quietly and leans against it his tiny hands wiping at his cheeks. This was So stupid he wasn't a baby! He should be crying. He sniffs and goes over to his bed climbing up into it he holds his stuffed cat. He loved his stuffed kitty, no he just loved the cat. He didn't understand what was so bad about it. The cat never did anything wrong it was the rats fault.

You could never tell Akito it wasn't the Cat's fault though. Everything was the Cat's fault. The whole sky could fall it would be the danm cats fault! He HATED Akito! He hated him, he hated him!

After about fifteen minutes of trying and another forty-five just staying in his room his sneaks to the door and opens it. "Mom?"

"What dear?" Came his mothers voice from downstairs.

"I'm hungry can I come down?"

"Oh.. of course baby sorry I forgot you were up there" Kyou hops down the stairs and smiles at his mother.

"I'm sure father will return soon.. We just have to be patient" He says with a smile. "I wouldn't worry."

She puts on a small smile and takes his wrist checking for the bracelet. Than smiles softly at him. "What do you want for lunch?"

"Amm rice balls?" He grins.

"Rice balls sound lovely." She starts gathering the ingredients for it and looks at Kyou. "Would you like to learn how to make them?"

Kyou's eyes widen "isn't it to girly for a boy to do?"

His mother actually laughs "no" She offers her hand to him. "come on I'll teach you that way you'll always know how to make them. And than you can teach your kids." She smiles and ruffles his hair back.

"Ahh mom I'm not going to have kids.. plus I can't hug a girl.. let alone kiss her!" he sticks his tongue out in disgust.

His mom laughs "ohh my mistake! Will than you'll just have to adopt won't you?"

He looks up at her "but than it won't be of the Sohma blood"

"Will neither is a wife or a husband until they're brought in." she starts balling the rice. "It will be fine for you to adopt. You can have a family just like everyone else!" She hands him a wad of rice, and starts instructing him on how to make it.

Next chapter Kyou's birthday