Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Untitled ❯ Rain ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ok, I know I shouldn't do this considering the fact that I have several other stories in the making, but I already have those chapters typed up. Anyway, anyone ever wonder why Akito's like the way he is. I would be like that too if I found out from a young age that I was going to die by the time I turned 30. All because someone decided that he was going to head of the family, he has to carry the core of the curse and die. That's just totally messed up. Anyway, I thought I'd give this a go and see how it turns out. Let me know what you think.
 
Chapter 1
 
Tired and sick was how he felt. He was nauseous while his body was exhausted. He'd vomit, but he didn't think he had the energy to. It was usually like that on days like this. Cloudy and misty, making everything look mysterious and gloomy. The house was empty, all except the few ladies tending to his every need. Hatori had gone to visit Shigure, something about Tohru feeling sick. That girl angered him. Who was she to tell him, Akito, that it would be sad when he died? No one would grieve for him. Not one tear would be shed for him when his life ended. They would think themselves free, and then their hopes would be crushed as the new head of the family was appointed.
 
He didn't have to look as the door to his room opened. He knew who it was. “Master Akito. You're lunch is ready.” Michiyo. His favorite. She was always there for him, making sure he had everything he needed and helping to care for him when he fell badly ill. She was an older woman, her light brown hair pulled back in a bun while her soft aged face smiled at him. Her kimono was more of a traditional style rather than that of the summer kimonos the other ladies wore. In her hands she held a tray, holding the dishes she had made for him. Miso soup and tempura with sashimi and soy sauce. She was a very good cook and made sure all the dishes were served hot.
 
She gently set the tray down, arranging the food slightly before bowing as she left. He didn't feel too much like eating, not sure if he could hold it down, even with his tired body. With the kimono he wore hanging about his shoulders, he basically looked like hell. Pale face and what looked like bags under his eyes from lack of sleep. Each time he had tried to sleep, someone would come to speak to him.
 
Members of the inner family had come to him more than once today, complaining about different things. They thought that complaining would give them what they wanted. It annoyed him to no end when any of them came around. Most of it was usually about who should know of the curse and who shouldn't. In the end, it was his decision, and his word was law in this family.
 
Why was this fate put upon him? Who decided he should carry and core of the curse and die? No one asked him if he wanted it. No one bothered to know how he felt about being alive only to die. There was no fate worse than his. He was born to die and that was all. Between his birth and his death, he was to run the family like any normal person, becoming sick and weak while he died a little bit at a time as each day passed. The weather outside reflected his mood, gloomy and undesired. He couldn't seem to help it, seeing as how depression seemed to tag along with the curse quite often.
 
Hatori would be back soon to check him over once more, making sure that he wasn't running a fever or feeling sick at all. Once Hatori got here, he would be able to sleep. Besides Michiyo, Hatori was one of the only people who could take care of the family members when they came by to see the head of the family. Hatori would do what he could to take care of the problem, but if it was out of his hands, he'd make sure no one disturbed Akito while he slept. Michiyo would do her best to turn them away, but it didn't always work for her. For now, he would have to endure this. Watching the mist turn into a light rain, his depression sank further.
 
 
The rain spread, pouring down as far as the eye could see. The city was dampened to the core, everyone either hiding under protruding portions of buildings, café umbrellas, in buildings themselves or hurrying through the streets with newspapers and umbrellas in an attempt to keep themselves dry. Everyone was in a hurry to go somewhere, dashing across her vision as she watched them with emotionless blue eyes, standing in the rain. Water dripped from her long brown hair, weighing it down as it clung to her. No one paid her any mind or even glanced her way as they hurried to work or home. That's how it should be.
 
She didn't exist. She was born to never exist. All because she was the first child who should've been a boy. Her family believed that if they pretended she wasn't there, then she never existed. It worked. No one noticed her. No one paid any attention to her. They probably didn't even realize that she was gone. All of this because of something she had no control over. She had no name, no family, no home. Why?
 
The blue eyes looked towards the sky as the rain continued to pour. The clouds strolling by as they cried upon the earth below. How many times had she wanted to cry like that? How would it feel to pour her tears onto the earth and allow them to feel what she felt? Would they notice her like they do the clouds? Reaching her hand up, she wanted to comfort the clouds, telling them she knew how they felt as she walked by the people.
 
The pavement under her feet changed, but she took no notice as she reached for the pouring sky. A bright light engulfed her body before the sound of screeching tires was heard. The people around looked towards her, finally taking notice of the girl reaching for the sky and the car trying to stop in time. How incredible it would feel to float with the clouds and just cry.
 
Long black hair, pulled into a hair tie at the base of his neck. Jade green eyes that revealed all his emotions. Piercing in both his cartilage and his tongue. Around his neck hung a couple of gothic type necklaces while he wore several rings about his fingers. Fairly tall with enough muscle so that he didn't look overly built but still enough to leave no doubt in anyone's mind that he could, indeed, defend himself. Kain was his name. The new student who transferred here in the middle of the school year from America.
 
Haru watched him from his seat as Kain talked with a few of the other students. Half of the girls were already giggling at him like they did when they see Yuki and Kyo. Who could blame them? He was hot. [1] Anyone would fall for him, and Haru was no exception as he couldn't seem to tear his eyes away from the guy. His hair was longer than it should be, but the school was willing to let it slip seeing as how he wasn't accustomed to the school rules of Japan. Haru seriously wanted to know how he looked with it down.
 
“Haru!” Haru blinked and turned to his cousin, Momiji. The little German had a slight pouting look on his face as he sat next to him. “I called your name several times. Didn't you hear me?”
 
“No, I didn't. Sorry,” Haru replied, sitting up from leaning on his elbow. He had just been too distracted with Kain that he forgot that Momiji was there. All he could think about was how hot Kain looked. He looked back at him as Kain laughed with a few of the guys. He blushed slightly when Kain's eyes met his. Haru had to look away, feeling like a school girl with a crush.
 
Momiji studied his friend as he looked away from the new guy with a blush staining his cheeks. Looking up at Kain, he saw him smirk towards Haru's turned face and resumed his conversation with the other guys. It was odd to see Haru like that. Normally his cousin was very calm when it came to people, unless they pissed him off beyond all hell. Then he would be a raging bull. No pun intended. Black Haru had been coming around a lot lately. Haru was agitated because of his parents.
 
Ever since they found out Haru was bi, they adamantly tried to pretend it was just a phase, one that would pass in time. They encouraged him to date other girls, wanting him to find someone in his life to be happy with. But what if that person was a guy and not a girl? Would they still feel the same way about it? Haru once told him that gender was no concern to him, so long as he was happy with that person.
 
What bothered him most was how his parents seemed to dance around the `problem' everyday, acting as though it didn't exist and that he was the same as every `normal' guy. He thought it would be better for them to hate him for it rather than pretend it didn't exist. Hating him for it let him know that they at least acknowledged he was bi. He would rather have that than them never speaking of it.
 
Home wasn't his only problem. Most of the school was open to the idea of being bi or gay, but some people just didn't like it. More than once, Momiji had witnessed Haru getting into fights with some of the school jerks who didn't appreciate being in the same school as a gay or bi person. They felt that it was wrong and disgusting to be attracted to the same sex. [2] Who cares who's attracted to who? Why should it matter? It bothered not only Momiji, but Haru as well.
 
Several times he had gone black either at home or at school because it irritated and upset him so much. Momiji had to try and find Yuki or Kyo to calm him down. If that didn't work, he had to call Hatori. Everyone around him knew to keep their distance a bit so they didn't piss him off. Momiji would let them know if it was a good day to hang around him or not.
 
What interested Momiji now was the way Haru was acting. He hardly ever blushed and Momiji had caught him more than once staring at the new guy. It was like he had…realization hit Momiji and he grinned. Did Haru have a crush? Did he like this new guy?
 
Haru blinked at his cousin as he grinned. When Momiji grinned like that, either he was thinking of something or he was on sugar, both may prove disastrous. “Momiji?”
 
Momiji grinned at Haru as he leaned towards his cousin. “Haru, do you have a crush?”
 
Haru had to stare at him. How the hell did he find out? Either he could read minds or… “It is that obvious?” Haru asked, his blush now only a faint tint upon his cheeks.
 
Momiji smiled at his friend, glad to know that finally he had found someone he liked. “Well, when you're blushing like that it kinda is. Wanna meet him?”
 
Haru's eyes widened slightly and he looked at Momiji, fear of rejection clamping in his chest. He couldn't do that! What if Kain didn't like him? What if Kain wasn't even gay? Would he be disgusted with him? Haru couldn't take that chance.
 
Momiji grinned again, not waiting for an answer as he proceeded to stand and walk towards the group of guys. He knew Haru wouldn't do it himself, so might as well help him along right? He wasn't sure if Kain was gay or not, but it would be really good if he was. Haru needed someone, and Kain looked like he would be a really good guy for him. Not only that, they'd make a cute couple.
 
“Momiji!” Haru hissed a bit, wanting to stop his friend before he did anything. He wasn't able to grab him in time before Momiji got Kain's attention. They talked for a moment before Kain looked up from Momiji to Haru. Haru blushed again and quickly looked away. This was bad. This was really bad. He was going to kill Momiji when they got home.
 
The two talked for a few moments, Kain whispering something to Momiji, before he came back over to Haru, sitting down at his desk next to him grinning like a mad cat. “We're going to meet him on Saturday at the arcade.”
 
Haru looked at Momiji, both fear and excitement brewing in his body. Excitement from getting the chance to meet him, and fear from the thought of rejection. He didn't think he could stand the thought of being rejected by him. It was the very last thing he wanted, but he had to try at least. Looking back at Kain, Haru hoped he wouldn't be disgusted with him.
 
Momiji smiled at his cousin, glad that Kain had agreed to meet him. What he didn't tell Haru was what Kain had whispered to him. Kain was gay. He may not look it, but Kain was completely gay. He said when he had come to the class on the first day the first person he had spotted was Haru. His first thought? Damn, he's hot. Momiji was even happier at the thought that Haru liked Kain, and Kain liked Haru. He giggled a bit as Haru had to look away again, the blush painting his cheeks a pink color. This was going to be a great weekend.
 
Ok, that's chapter 1. Hope you guys liked it. I've been going into a lot of depth, which I was surprised with. Anyway, here's the explanations on things.
 
[1] Haru is always hitting on Yuki but was also attracted to girls, those comments towards Tohru and all. So I'm making him bi.
 
[2] I have seen so many people around that are so disgusted with gay and bi people it makes me mad.
 
Anyway, please review and I will type up the next chapter when I can! Thank you!