Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ You And Only You ❯ Chapter 10 ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
*·.,.·*·.,.·*·.,.·*·.,.&mi ddot;*·.,.·*·.,.·*·.,.·*·. ,.·*·.,.·*·.,.·*·.,.·*&mid dot;.,.·*·.,.·*·.,.·*·.,.· *·.,.·*·.,.·*·.,.·*·.,.&mi ddot;*   >< Oh dear... it’s been so long since I was able to update this fiction... I'm still glad that there are still many people out there who are waiting patiently for the next chapter. Thank you very much and *ahem* using foul language at me won’t help the chapter finish quickly. BUT a big thank you to those who kindly ask me to continue the chapters and posted kind remarks. ^^ I'm very grateful so I hope this chapter will make up for the time I've been away. ENJOY ^^   *·.,.·*·.,.·*·.,.·*&mid dot;.,.·*·.,.·*·.,.·*·.,.· *·.,.·*·.,.·*·.,.·*·.,.&mi ddot;*·.,.·*·.,.·*·.,.·*·. ,.·*·.,.·*·.,.·*·.,.·*&mid dot;.,.·*   =[ Chapter 10 ]=   *·.,.·*·.,.·*·.,.·*&mid dot;.,.·*·.,.·*·.,.·*·.,.· *·.,.·*·.,.·*·.,.·*·.,.&mi ddot;*·.,.·*·.,.·*·.,.·*·. ,.·*·.,.·*·.,.·*·.,.·*&mid dot;.,.·*  

- Next morning -

Tohru sat up straight with eyes worriedly scanning the room. With sweats dripping slowly down the smooth side of her cheeks, she laid back down and pulled the heavy blanket across her chest.

It all seemed like a dream of how someone followed her but it all ended when she was engulfed by darkness and that was it. She couldn’t remember anything at all, not even how she got home.

It all came back to her once she woke up from a weird dream where she was a lonely princess living in a huge castle. Both her mum and dad had passed away but she had the kingdom’s servants and her very own pet who she seem to love dearly in the dream. But the strange thing was that she wasn’t able to see the pet itself, so she had no clue to what her actual pet was.

Her dream ended when two filthy men climbed upon her front balcony and threatened to rape her. The pet leaped out of no where and attacked both of the men. She instantly woke up when her pet dropped a ring at her feet and said “You and only you” in a low husky voice.

Tohru pulled the thick blankets over her head as she remembered the weird dream she had.

“You and only you”, she whispered as a shot of red spread across her cheeks.

She lifted her hand from beneath the blanket and gazed at the beautiful ring embracing her finger. She wondered when did she put it on as she placed her hand on her chest.

*Knock knock*

Tohru accidentally jumped when someone knocked on her door. Tohru hurries to sit up and answered.

“Hai, I'm awake and you can open the door”

Shigure’s head slowly peeped through the gap of the door and grinned happily at her as he pushed the door wider.

“How is my favourite Tohru doing this morning? Did Tohru-kun sleep well last night?”

She was a bit confused by his sudden question but she still answered happily.

“Hai! I slept really well last night and how about Shigure-san?”

“Oh I slept really well. But last night something bothered me.”

Tohru looked at Shigure with wide eyes. What exactly is going on? She had no memory of how she got back home and she certainly don’t want to explain to Shigure how she couldn’t remember and make him worry even more. Tohru relaxed as she hoped that he didn’t spot her widened eye.

“What do you mean Shigure-san?”

Shigure raised one eyebrow at her and stared at her closely to see if she knew what he was talking about. He sighed when she gave no hint of knowledge about what he was talking about and opened the door wider.

“Last night, Tohru-kun didn’t come home. I know Tohru is coming home late but not that late. But I was kinda more worried and curious at how you came home without me, Yuki or Kyo knowing.”

Tohru averted her gaze to the carpet.

“I..I..I don’t know what Shigure-san is talking about.”

Shigure placed his hand on his forehead as his face got serious.

“It’s unusual for you to come home and not make a ruckus and for not any of us to hear you come in. Tohru-kun, you know that there’s always one of us in the house who can always hear you come home.”

Tohru could almost hear her heart beat as loud as a drum. She doesn’t have the answer to what Shigure’s question. If she knew then it wouldn’t be so hard right now, but telling him that she doesn’t know would be a bad idea. Tohru carefully breathed in and out she decided to just lie about it. It’s not what she wanted and it’s the most awful thing she could do to Shigure. But she has no choice or it could be that she’s not good enough at finding choices.

“Ano, I'm sorry to worry Shigure-san like that. I came home late last night because I was still busy visiting the Sohmas and giving them my Valentines Day gift.” Tohru looked at Shigure with more confidence that she can pull this off.

“Oh really? I’m sorry Tohru-kun, I'm just worried... and...”

“Oh and I'm really sorry that no one knew I came home because I was extra careful this time to not make any loud movements when I entered the house. I really didn’t want to make any noise and wake everyone up.”

Shigure looked at Tohru and nodded. He was very sure that something was up. But if she wasn’t ready to tell him then it’s fine by him. The problem is just that Kyo and Yuki have been fighting each other and blaming that it wasn’t their fault that they didn’t hear her come home.

“That’s okay then Tohru-kun, sorry for having to ask you this in the morning. Go back to sleep because it’s not time for you to wake up yet.”

And with that Shigure slid out of the room and closed the door lightly before stopping out side her room and leaned onto the wall.

The problem wasn’t only about Tohru. He was more worried at how can someone enter their house without any of them knowing. This was a problem if someone dangerous actually wanted to enter their house and no one knows about it. With his very sensitive hearing and same with Kyo’s and Yuki’s, it’s impossible that this should happen or could it be something else.

He remembered a long time ago, Ayame had also made a surprise visit and no one could sense that he was coming because he was careful enough to sneak around like that. But Tohru is Tohru, she doesn’t sneak around like Ayame does. But it also seemed like most of the Sohma family could sneak around if they have the urge to do it.

Shigure sighed again as he used his leg to push him upward away from the wall and walked down the stairs. This is a strange thing, but he got work to do and no time to think and solve this. While humming a nice tune, Shigure slid into his study room and lazily took out his papers and started working. *·.,.·*·.,.·*·.,.·*&midd ot;.,.·*·.,.·*·.,.·*·.,.·* ·.,.·*·.,.·*·.,.·*·.,.&mid dot;*·.,.·*·.,.·*·.,.·*·., .·*·.,.·*·.,.·*·.,.·*&midd ot;.,.·*  

- Tohru’s room -

Tohru slid back down in her bed and held her hand to her heart. It was beating like crazy! She didn’t know what to do at all. Lying isn’t making her feel better, it’s actually making her feel even worse as every second that ticked by.

“So it wasn’t really a dream, and I was hoping so much that it was.” Whispered Tohru as she suddenly felt scared.

What was going on? Why can’t she remember at all. Her eyes grew scared when she remembered the scary people who was chasing her last night. Could it be that they did something to her? Because they are the last thing she could remember and also pitch blackness. But that was it.

Feeling confused and scared, Tohru snuggled herself under the blanket and hoped that when she wakes, this will be a dream.

After a few minutes of trying to sleep and trying to forget about what has happened, she finally dozed of to sleep. She was still tired after all.

*·.,.·*·.,.·*·.,.·*&middo t;.,.·*·.,.·*·.,.·*·.,.·*& middot;.,.·*·.,.·*·.,.·*·.,.&midd ot;*·.,.·*·.,.·*·.,.·*·.,. ·*·.,.·*·.,.·*·.,.·*&middo t;.,.·*

- In the kitchen -

Yuki coldly stared at Kyo as he drank his milk. It should be Kyo’s fault and not his. He was tired when he got home and fell asleep straight away once he fell on his bed. So since he was tired, he had a good reason for not hearing Tohru come home. On the other hand, Kyo wasn’t as tired as he was and should of heard her come home.

Yuki gave an electric stare at Kyo and angrily stomped out of the kitchen and sat down in front of the television.

Kyo watched Yuki from the corner of his eyes as his ears popped up. As Yuki stomped out of the kitchen, Kyo made sure that he gave Yuki a sneer before he went out.

That Yuki blamed him for not knowing when Tohru came home. It was Yuki’s fault! Not his. He came home after Yuki so it’s obvious that he would be more tired than that damned rat. He’s not going to give this fight up because that rat is wrong and he is right.

Kyo crushed the milk carton with his hand before throwing it in the open bin. He noticed that he dribbled a small amount of milk down his chin. Stupid rat he thought as he used his sleeve to wipe of the milk. Now he would have to change his clothes because Tohru always told him off whenever she can smell milk on him.

Kyo lazily walked up the stairs and disappeared into his bedroom to change into new clothes.

*·.,.·*·.,.·*·.,.·*&m iddot;.,.·*·.,.·*·.,.·*·.,.&middo t;*·.,.·*·.,.·*·.,.·*·.,.& middot;*·.,.·*·.,.·*·.,.·*· ;.,.·*·.,.·*·.,.·*·.,.·*&m iddot;.,.·*

- Downstairs -

Yuki stared at his watch as his mind lingered to other problems. Today is White Day and so far his plan isn’t working out well. He was meant to wake up early and prepare a delicious meal for Tohru before he could carry out the rest of the plans.

He looked at his watch again. Maybe it isn’t too late to make breakfast for her. He was sure it’s okay since its not too late at the moment and she wouldn’t mind. Yuki stared at the television worriedly, but she came home late didn’t she. She should be very tired right now.

Yuki stood up and paced back and forth.

He could make a nice meal for her and it might bring back her strength and she would be happy. Convinced that making a nice nutritious meal for her will help her stay strong today for the rest of his plan. Yuki hurriedly went to the kitchen and began his plan for White Day. *·.,.·*·.,.·*·.,.·*·. ,.·*·.,.·*·.,.·*·.,.·*&mid dot;.,.·*·.,.·*·.,.·*·.,.· *·.,.·*·.,.·*·.,.·*·.,.&mi ddot;*·.,.·*·.,.·*·.,.·*·. ,.·*  

- Kyo’s room -

Kyo smelled in the fresh smell of laundry and looked at the mirror. It looked fine. The new mirror was from Tohru, she placed a new mirror in his room ever since he always wore the same outfit around the house and was scared to try new combination of clothing. She said that every day he should try new combinations of clothes and should use the mirror to determine if it looked nice or not.

To him, what ever he wore. It didn’t look as nice as his original clothes on the day he met her. But Tohru is Tohru and she wouldn’t take no for an answer or would be sad if he wouldn’t try out her theory of saving his image.

Kyo glanced at the full length mirror. Actually this combination isn’t that bad at all. Kyo happily made a funny pose before turning around to his bed. He stared at the small lump under his pillow. White day is today he sighed. But so far his plan isn’t going where he wanted.

By now she should be wondering around the house. Cleaning the house and making noise from the vacuum cleaner. But instead she’s tired and fast a sleep in her room.

His plan for White day was not going as well as it should. He blushed at the thought of White Day. He never thought he would ever be giving a girl a gift on white day. It used to be like a normal day for him, until he met her. Tohru made him feel that on special days like this, she is worth it.

Kyo looked at the lump again. He slowly sat down on his bed as he slid his hand under his pillow. The smooth bed sheets rubbed against his skin as he moved his hand deeper beneath the pillow before touching the soft object. It gave a small jingle as he moved it.

It was so hard trying to buy this from the shop. He could remember it like it was yesterday. He nervously entered the shop as sweats made its way down his cheek. The shop was packed with girls and the worst part was when he entered, the door gave off a small beeping sound to let the shop know that someone entered. About 50 pairs of eyes stared at him as they all blushed and looked away.

He couldn’t see any guys in sight! He was the only one and this was going to haunt him for the rest of his life. He knew about the store from his friend who told him that this is the most popular and hugest store around that offers endless ideas for a perfect gift for girls. The store lived up to its name as he scanned the shop. Everywhere he saw cute plushies against the walls, pastel colours on every thing from stationaries to pillows.

They were right, it was a popular shop for girls and he was the only guy there. No wonder the guys refused to come with him when he asked them to come along. All they did was drew a small map of where the location of the shop was and gave him money so that he could buy them some gifts too for White Day.

They would nag on and nag when he refused to be used by them but in the end they won when they bribed him with shouting lunch for school for a week. They didn’t care who he was buying gifts for, they only cared that Kyo was doing the work for them and they didn’t have to go through this themselves.

Now Kyo knew why and he was going to get them good when he sees them. He is going to demand that they have to shout him lunch for a whole two week including drinks or else they wouldn’t get the gifts he bought for them and they would have to go there themselves.

It was the worst feeling ever as he stepped further into the shop. As he walked closer to one of the shelves, he could hear little gossips and giggling from one of the girls. What one earth could they be giggling about but he would never know because all he wanted was to get something quick and get out of this shop.

He was sweating from head to toe as a weird girl waddled close to him. She was wearing a strange school uniform which belonged to another school he presumed. But that didn’t matter because that strange girl wouldn’t stop blushing and it seemed so much like she was going to hug him.

He stared at her bewildered and moved away from her. He was determined to ignore all the staring and giggling and just get something and stay alive. It took him one hour to grab all the stuff he can, lined up which seemed like the longest line in the world and run out of the store.

Kyo blinked his eyes a couple of time as he realised he was busy thinking about the shop incident. Fiddling the item under his pillow again and making a lot of jingle, Kyo sighed and removed his hand from beneath the pillow.

It was all worth it though, because he got to chose the best looking gift out of the rest for Tohru and the rest was given to his friends. However, Tohru isn’t feeling well today to receive his gift yet. Maybe she will be better later this afternoon he thought.

Kyo sat up from his bed and did a big stretch. Ah well he thought, it’s time for the rest of his plan for White Day. He knew that damn rat is doing for Tohru for White Day too, he just hopes that his surprise for her will beat Yuki and that she will love his gift more than Yuki’s.

Kyo’s eyes lit up as he couldn’t wait to for the other special surprise. He grabbed his jacket and closed the door and stood there. He stared at Tohru’s room and walked off.

“This is going to be one busy day for me” Whispered Kyo as he descended down the stairs. *·.,.·*·.,.·*·.,.·*&middo t;.,.·*·.,.·*·.,.·*·.,.·*& middot;.,.·*·.,.·*·.,.·*·.,.&midd ot;*·.,.·*·.,.·*·.,.·*·.,. ·*·.,.·*·.,.·*·.,.·*&middo t;.,.·*  

- In the Kitchen -

Yuki slowly cracked the egg, scared that it will end up on the floor like the rest of the egg on the floor and in the bin. Yuki stared proudly at the nice egg sizzling in the pan. His first egg ever made to perfection and not a drop of it made it outside of the pan. Now the only thing he needs to do is stop the egg from being burnt.

Yuki wiped his forehead as he used the spatular to scoop the egg from its sizzling pan and into a nearby plate. Now the toast he thought. Carefully he loaded the sandwiches into the toaster and pressed down on the switch. This should be easy he thought as he pursed his lips together, praying that it would be easy.

The toast came out perfectly, but that was because it had a timer of it’s own and all Yuki had to do was load in the Sandwich and press on the switch.

Yuki was thinking of making fresh orange juice from oranges but the thought of cutting and squeezing and adding sugar made him feel tired. Making omelette was hard enough. Thank god for orange juice in carton thought Yuki as he went for the fridge. Yuki opened the fridge and looked at the orange carton, it looked empty. Yuki lifted the carton and hoped it was enough for one glass.

Sighing out loudly, Yuki was glad that there was more than two glasses. Yuki walked slowly over to the egg and toast and froze, he forgot the bacon. Quickly he filled the small fancy glass with orange juice and ran over to the fridge. He opened the freezer and took out the frozen strip of bacon Tohru always bought for them.

Turning on the pan again and adding some oil into the pan, Yuki placed the bacon on the oil and cooked it as fast as he can without being too clumsy and messy.

Ten minutes later, a tired looking Yuki slumped on a chair staring at the most beautiful breakfast food he has ever made. Hopefully it tastes good too he chuckled as he added a single rose on the breakfast tray and carried it upstairs. *·.,.·*·.,.·*·.,.·*&mid dot;.,.·*·.,.·*·.,.·*·.,.· *·.,.·*·.,.·*·.,.·*·.,.&mi ddot;*·.,.·*·.,.·*·.,.·*·. ,.·*·.,.·*·.,.·*·.,.·*&mid dot;.,.·*   =[End of Chapter 10]=   *·.,.·*·.,.·*·.,.·*&m iddot;.,.·*·.,.·*·.,.·*·.,.&middo t;*·.,.·*·.,.·*·.,.·*·.,.& middot;*·.,.·*·.,.·*·.,.·*· ;.,.·*·.,.·*·.,.·*·.,.·*&m iddot;.,.·*  

Hahahah I’m hungry for breakfast food now. Well I hope you enjoyed that chapter even though the mysterious guy wasn’t in it (or was he? O.o Lolz) And again please don’t make your self wait for my next chapter, I feel bad when people ask me to continue on when I really can’t yet. Please accept my deepest apologies and I will try to update again (it wont be for a while though). Thank you for reading. Thank you again!   *muahz* *Take Care*   - Blue Tiger -  

*·.,.·*·.,.·*·.,.·*&m iddot;.,.·*·.,.·*·.,.·*·.,.&middo t;*·.,.·*·.,.·*·.,.·*·.,.& middot;*·.,.·*·.,.·*·.,.·*· ;.,.·*·.,.·*·.,.·*·.,.·*&m iddot;.,.·*