Full Metal Panic Fan Fiction ❯ Christmas Panic ❯ chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 2

“It's not a problem” Sousuke said as he again pulled his pistol out of his book bag. He took deadly aim at the rival before him.

Tsubaki grinned, knowing full well that the gun was full of stunning rubber bullets and not the real thing. “Let's do this!” he shouted as he began to call forth his own powers.

CRACK!!!

Placing her paper fan back into her bag, she smiled sweetly to Tsubaki.

“Sorry, not today Tsubaki. I want to get home before it really starts to storm!” Kaname wasted no time in grabbing the still stunned Sergent and began dragging him in the direction of the train station.

“Kaname?” Sousuke asked sheepishly as they sat quietly on the train ride home.

“What! Sergent Sabotage!” Kaname growled back.

She only used that name when she was really upset with him. Sousuke decided that perhaps it was best to just continue in silence rather than infuriating the girl any more than she already was. He was still uncertain about Tsubaki's tactics. The present had to have some deeper plot behind it. He had thought that perhaps it was being used to turn Kaname against him. Then, Tsubaki would have a chance at real combat with him. As it was now, Kaname always seemed to show up with her paper fan, just as they were finally going to get around to finishing that fight they had started months ago.

The train slowed to a stop. People crowded in and out, hurrying along with their own busy lives. Kaname was quick to make it out of the train before it got to cramped with people getting on. Sousuke was close behind her. They continued the walk home in awkward silence. It seemed to Sousuke that Kaname had been in a poor mood all week. He had thought that perhaps she was being bothered by other students. All of his leads on her problems had lead to dead ends. He thought that perhaps it was time to seek advice from a more knowledgeable operative. Good thing that Sergent Weber and Major Sergent Mao where checking in for one week starting this afternoon. In fact they would already be stationed at the safe house by now.

“Sousuke?” Kaname's voice broke Sousuke from his thoughts.

“Yes, Miss Chidori?” he asked.

“What are you doing during the break?” She asked, still walking slightly in front of him.

“I thought I would take the opportunity to finish some reports that I need to send into headquarters.” he stated matter of factly.

“Oh I see.” she continued walking, slowing as she approached the entrance to her apartment building. “I guess I'll see you later” Still not bother to turn and face him, she simply continued into the building.

Puzzled by her odd behavior, Sousuke sought the expertise of one of his oldest friends.


“Sousuke! My Man! Ready for two weeks of relaxing and babe watching!” The ever perverted Kurz Weber greeted the young Sergent in their small apartment called the safe house.

“Weber! Might I remind you that you are on duty for one more week until our vacation. That means no booze and no broads until then!” Melissa Mao whacked the blond haired man on the head before greeting Sousuke.

“So Sousuke, nailing her yet?” Mao grinned at the look of confusion on the naive young soldiers face. “Never mind. Hey Weber, I'm going to run to the store for some provisions. Don't do anything stupid when I'm gone.”

Mao gathered her coat and wallet and head out to pick up some meager groceries for the three of them. Watching her leave, Weber quickly stationed himself on the couch and cracked a non-alcoholic beer.

“Weber” Souske asked “Kaname has been acting quite strange this past week. I have ruled out terrorists, bullies, and drugs. Your good with women. I need your advise.”

“Well, well well! You came to the right man. Dr. Love at your service.” He grinned wildly as he took another gulp of the beer.

“So tell me about it and I'll tell you what I think.”

Sousuke proceeded on telling Weber about the past weeks incidences with Kaname in a very detailed military description which only deepened the grin on Kurz face. He ended with what had just happened at the school only an hour prior.

“Hmmmmm.” Weber screwed up his face to make it look like he was in a deep state of concentration. Smiling to himself when Sousuke started to sweat from nervousness.

“Sousuke? Have you even inquired to Miss Chidori about her plans for Christmas”

“Negative. Why?” Sousuke didn't know why something like Christmas would be important or why it would be the cause of Kaname's current emotional state.

“Why?” Weber almost spit his beer out at Sousuke's apparent lack of foresight. “ Sagara, Christmas is huge for girls. Have you gotten her a gift yet?”

“Negative. Do I need to?” Sweat was now visibly dripping down the distraught Sergent's face.

Weber laughed heartily at this. “Man Sagara, how are you ever going to bag that girl if you don't even think to get her a gift at Christmas time.” Weber was now holding his sides his laughter was so great.

Sagara, visibly distraught, sunk into a chair at the kitchen table. “This is bad isn't it. I've really screwed up this time. What will Kaname think. Plus, that damn Tsubaki beat me too it. How do I top ruby earrings. Kaname is going to hate me for sure now.”

Weber, although enjoying the awkward positions his friend managed to get himself in, did not wish to see his friend suffer. “Hang on Sousuke I have an idea. It'll blow the socks off any jewelery.”

Sousuke looked up at Weber and ceased his worrying. “What do you have in mind?”