Full Metal Panic Fan Fiction ❯ Christmas Panic ❯ chapter 7 ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 7
Sousuke had successful ended the assault on himself and his comrade when he had managed to catch Kaname off guard. He hadn't quite expected to lose his footing when he caught her around the waist. He soon found himself falling down a small embankment, Kaname secured in his arms. When they had finished sliding, he had heard the engine of one of the snowmobiles fire. Presuming Weber was collecting the tree, he decided that he should get up and get going to. When he raised his head, he found himself staring into a large luminous set of eyes.

Sousuke was confused at the sudden reaction his body had. As he stared into those soft doe eyes, he found himself trembling, fire racing through his veins. Her face was so close to his, he could feel her catch her breath as she stared back at him. He felt the strange urge to hold his place. It wasn't logical though, he should be continuing his mission of capturing the tree. Strange that Weber hadn't seen it fit to tell them he was leaving. Stranger yet was his inability to move. He didn't understand these feelings. He had had them before around Kaname. The night she had cut his hair, he had experienced the same feelings and the day she had dressed in that Kimono. Weber had tried explaining them, but used too many terms that were unfamiliar to him.

He also knew that the gorgeous hair of Kaname's was centimeters from his hands. He wanted to touch it in that instant. He restrained however, unsure of what Kaname's reaction would be.

Kaname had been so close to finally nailing Weber in the face when she suddenly found herself falling. She had closed her eyes tightly , feeling the weight suddenly on top of her. She was sliding, but slowed quickly to a stop. The snow beneath her cushioning her, making the weight very tolerable. She opened her eyes when she heard the snowmobile start. Those silvery gray eyes she often dreamt about where staring into her own. She couldn't have moved then, even if he hadn't been lying on her. So it was Sousuke who had tackled her into the snow. Why wasn't he getting off? Why couldn't she speak? Why was her heart racing?

She watched as his eyes flickered to her hair that was pooled around her. She in turn found herself staring at his lips. She wondered what they would feel like on her own. Would he even know what to do? He was such and idiot when it came to socializing. She even had to explain to the jerk what flirting was. He had gotten himself into quite a mess that day, nearly ending with him having to take a very embarrassing naked dive into the river. If she hadn't shown up in her Mother's Kimono he would have been making that dive for sure.

It was with that thought she noticed that he was looking at her in that strange fashion she had only seen once before. The same expression was on his face as that day she had dressed in that Kimono.

Sousuke had glanced away from her hair to find the her eyes fixated on his lips. His heart began to race even faster. What should he do? If he leaned in farther, contact would be initiated. What was he suppose to do? Would she be mad? She really hadn't liked the interaction in the bathroom the night before. If he happened to initiate some common rituals between the opposite sexes, what would happen? This was so strange and stressful to him. Being in the middle of a life and death battle wasn't this hard. Taking a chance he lowered his head just a little. He wanted to gage a reaction, perhaps that would help him decided on the appropriate course of action to proceed with.

Kaname's breath caught in her throat as she noticed those lips moving slightly closer to hers. Was this it? Was the moment finally right for Sousuke to explore his feelings towards her? She was immobilized with the thought. What if he didn't kiss her? Did he really still see her as his mission? Was she still just the whispered girl that he had to protect? Had she misread all of his blushes and awkward behavior over the past months?

Sousuke hesitated as Kaname gasped slightly then began to hold her breath. Her eyes slammed shut, but this only confused him even more. He quickly began to worry that his weight was too much for the girl. Perhaps she had stopped breathing, unable to draw another breath from the weight pressing down on her. Where her eyes shut in pain? He quickly assessed the situation. No. He had seen many expressions of pain in his years as a soldier. Kaname's face displayed no signs of pain, nor displeasure for that matter. Her lips parted suddenly, giving him the last bit of courage to close the distance.

Warm lips pressed slightly against hers. Kaname savored the feeling of her first real kiss. It was pleasant at first, but than desire took hold and the need for more persisted from the back of her mind. The lips began to draw away, but her need was far to great to have a mere peck for her first kiss. She quickly snaked her puffy arms and mittens around his neck, holding him to her lips.

Sousuke didn't know how to react when her arms wove their way to hold him in that dangerous position. His body surged with a strong physical reaction. He suddenly felt uncomfortable with the entire length of her body under his. Certain parts of his body were reacting a little too much, causing him to sweat with concern once more. He thought that this would have been enough. Kaname should have been striking him and calling him and idiot by now. He should be apologizing for his rash actions. Why wasn't she moving away from him? Her lips began to press back, encouraging him to let go and enjoy the moment. He pressed back and was rewarded by a quiet moan.

He was beginning to kiss her back again. Kaname was delighted by this and was suddenly a little embarrassed when a involuntary moan escaped from her lips. A moist tongue prodded lightly, almost nervously along her bottom lip. She obliged his curiosity and parted her lips allowing him access to her mouth.

Sousuke's blood pressure spiked when he suddenly found himself exploring the inner recessed of that normally fire filled mouth. She was sweet and sultry all in one. He couldn't control his body any more and gave into its demands. He deepened his kiss farther, brutally assaulting her mouth. This elicited another moan from the girl.

Kaname couldn't believe the passion in the kiss. She had never thought that his kiss would be this incredible. She had expected something awkward and socially ridiculous. This was anything but that. She felt his one arm move down her coat to rest at her waist. What was that pressing into her thigh? Did Sousuke really need to pack that many weapons with him? He used the arm by her waist to shift his body slightly of her, relieving the pressure from whatever had been digging into her thigh.

Sousuke couldn't take the physical contact with her body any more. He had developed quite the...What had Weber called it? Boner? He brought his hand down to the side of Kaname and shifted his weight, thus alleviating some of his tension. It would also make it easier for Kaname to breath. He did not want to cause her any discomfort. Shorty after he had moved, he noticed her shivering. Not wanting her to be cold, he broke completely from their kiss.

“Kaname, you shouldn't lie in the snow any longer. You'll catch cold. We can't have you getting sick when your...Kaname?” Sousuke was puzzled at her lack of reaction. In fact she looked rather dazed. A slight flush was upon her skin and she had a faint smile on her lips.

“Kaname?” he asked again.

“Uh huh! Yeah! What? I'm listening...Is it cold out here or is it just me?” she babbled nervously, finally coming to her senses.

Sousuke stood up, blessing the cold that had calmed his raging body. He grasped Kaname's arm, pulling her to an upright position. As they approached the lone snowmobile in silence, he decided that it would be best if she sat in the front. With her now wet cloths, the front of the machine and its windshield would shield the wind from her. As he motioned for her to sit in the front, he noticed the flushed appearance of her skin still had not vanished. He worried as she positioned herself on the snowmobile. He straddled the seat behind her, placing his arms around her so he could grip the handle bars. He had to nudge her slightly with his body, encouraging her to move up slightly, thus allowing some better control for driving.

Again and awkward silence pursued them as they headed towards the manor. Kaname shivered slightly as the breeze blew past her wet pant legs. She was still in a daze from what had transpired. She had finally been kissed. A real, sensual and passionate kiss. What a wonderful Christmas present. How many more would she receive before they flew back to Tokyo? Would she be lucky enough to manage another before nightfall? Speaking of night, her and Sousuke were still sharing a room, which caused her some discomfort.

I wonder what he has planned for the rest of the weekend?” she thought to herself as she let herself relaxing into Sousuke's strong frame so very close behind her.

A still worried Sousuke pressed urgently on towards the Manor. Kaname's flushed features and silence were playing on his nerves. Perhaps, he had indeed caused her breathing problems. Perhaps she was in shock from lying in the cold wet snow. If he had caused her great pain he would personally pay for it, no matter what the cost. He felt her relaxing into him, making him wonder if she was on the verge of losing consciousness. This was bad...

Kaname felt the snowmobile increase in speed. Dangerously cresting the rough peaks of the snow covered land. She quickly braced herself, one hand on each of Sousuke's knees, as she feared falling off the winter machine.

“Sousuke, maybe you should slow down?” She shouted above the noise of the engine.

“Kaname?” Sousuke slowed down, painfully aware of his bodies reaction again to her physical contact. How could he ignore her? She was perched snuggly between his thighs, her back pressed against his chest. Her perfumed hair whipped occasionally against his face and now there was the issue of her hands. Her hands were gripped tightly on his legs.

Kaname sighed with relief once they were plodding slowly along, the large manor, now just ahead of them. What was the rush? Sousuke had taken off like the devil himself had been pursuing them. It wasn't like this was a life or death situation.

Idiot!” She thought to herself. Excited about getting into the warm manor, Kaname tried jumping off the snowmobile before they had came to a complete stop. In doing so, she snagged the laces of her tall boots on the farthest handle bar, jarring her opposite ankle harshly and sending her crashing into the ground beside the machine.

She cried out in pain, steadying herself to a sitting position, she inspected her sore ankle.

“Damn that hurts!” she tried to stand, and was thankful when Sousuke grabbed her arm to assist her.

“Kaname? Are you ok?” Sousuke helped the girl to her feet, concerned about her injury.

She stumbled trying to step on the foot and would have fell again if Sousuke hadn't caught her. She suddenly found herself swung into his arms. He cradled her to his chest and began quickly carrying her inside. Kaname blushed at her situation. Now dreading the interaction with Weber and the perverted comments that would come out of his mouth. She was relieved when they entered the foyer and Weber was no where to be seen.

Kaname expected Sousuke to put her down once she was inside. However she was soon being carried up the flight of stairs to the second floor. Slightly flustered at her weakness, she glanced at Sousuke, blushing furiously when she saw the deep frown of concern on his face.

“I could probably manage now that were inside Sousuke. There is a railing on the stairs after all. Why don't you let me walk? I'm probably awfully heavy for you.” She pleaded, secretly impressed when she noticed Sousuke was not breathing heavily, nor had he broke a sweat carrying her up the flight of stairs.

“It's not a problem, Miss Chidori. You should stay of this foot for awhile.” Sousuke replied, now whisking her down the hallway towards their shared suite.

Kaname gasped slightly when Sousuke used a quick kick to open the doors to their suite. Once inside he simply booted the door shut and proceeded towards the couch. Gently placing her upon the sofa, he set to work stoking the fire until it raged and crackled with intense heat. Kaname removed her wet winter jacket as he pulled the blanket off the adjacent sofa.

Sousuke was rewarded with Kaname's shy smile as he wrapped the blanket over her delicate shoulders. He knelt in front of her and carefully loosened the laces on her boots. Slowly he pulled the boot from her foot only to find a quickly swelling ankle. He had not failed to notice her wincing as her removed her boot.

“You'll need to ice this Kaname, or the swelling will get worse. I'll be back shortly, you should change out of those pants.” Sousuke spoke as he wandered over to her bed and grabbed a pair of Khaki cargo's from inside the top of her suitcase. He tossed them over the top of the sofa and he headed out the door in search of ice.

Kaname was left speechless as her apparent knight in shining armor left their room. She stared into the crackling fire as she eased her wet jeans off her body. A task seemingly rather difficult. The wet denim seem to be stuck to her skin. She wriggled her body slowly as to not jar her already sore foot.

She smiled to herself “How long is this going to last? What happened to the old Sousuke? And when is he going to do something stupid to ruin the moment?” A slight giggle escaped her lips as she thought of the possible ways he could screw up the so far romantic morning they had experienced.