Full Metal Panic Fan Fiction ❯ Christmas Panic ❯ chapter 8 ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 8

Kaname had finally managed to shimmy out of her wet jeans when she heard the door squeak. Turning she expected to see an embarrassed Sousuke fumbling with the ice he was retrieving her. Her eyes met icy blue ones, not the gray she thought she would see.
“Weber!” She screamed realizing her state of undress. She pulled the blanket tightly around her, distraught when it hardly budged. With it being wrapped around her shoulders and down her back, she was barely managing to cover her underwear..

Weber had heard the snowmobile arrive, and thought to invite the two downstairs to decorate the tree with himself and Sergent Major Mao. The door was slightly ajar, so without thinking he had let himself in. What a site he had just beheld. Kaname had been finishing slowly slipping out of the jeans she had been wearing. He knew that out of respect for Sousuke that he should exit quietly, but how could he not watch the beautiful display before him.

“Kaname, Your looking as lovely as ever!” He grinned wickedly. Sousuke or no Sousuke he couldn't afford not to take advantage of the opportunity. He was just about to take a step towards her when he felt a sharp pain on the back of his head and Kaname faded into a vision of darkness.

Kaname had been busy trying to cover herself and hide her embarrassment, so she had turned slightly avoiding the gaze of the blond soldier. Ashamed at the thought of being a spectacle for Sousuke's perverted friend, she could only stare into the fire and fume at his indiscretion. When she heard the noise of his body hitting the floor, she turned back to the door. Sousuke was standing beside the slouched body of his friend, glaring angrily at his unconscious comrade.

Shaking his head, he drug the now waking soldier outside the bedroom. Returning to the room, he shut the door firmly and locked the double doors. Kaname was surprised once more at Sousuke's now semi apparent jealous side. It was clear to her from his recent interactions with his friend, that he did not dislike Weber but rather he did dislike Weber's reaction to her. She startled somewhat at the sound of his voice.

“My apologies Miss Chidori. Weber can be most strange at times.” Sousuke was gathering the ice bag that he had used to knock Kurz unconscious. He made his way to the front of the sofa, obviously forgetting that Kaname was still missing her pants. He stopped dead in his tracks when he spotted those long legs that were barely covered by the blanket he had previously wrapped around her shoulders. The only thing covered was her undergarments. Although Sousuke had seen her in a bathing suit, this was somehow different. Kaname's shriek brought him back to reality.

“Sousuke! You PERVERT!” Kaname yelled, very self conscious about her current lack of pants.

CRACK

Kaname had let fly the closest thing she could grab. It just happened to be one of her knee high winter boots. The sole of the boot left on imprint on his face after it fell to the floor. Sousuke dropped to his knees, his nose bleeding slightly from the hard and accurate aim of the whispered girl before him. Kaname took advantage of his dazed state to grab her loose fitting Khakis and quickly pull them on.

She muttered to herself crossing her arms, waiting for Sousuke to gather his senses.

“I'm sorry Kaname, I wasn't thinking.” Sousuke was hard to understand, since his hand had clamped down on his sore bloody nose, muffling his speech.

“That's your problem Sousuke! You never think...Always running around like its a bloody battlefield. I'm a girl Stupid!!!! Not a soldier. Someday's!” She was pouting again, upset that he had indeed ruined another moment between them. She had hoped to get through at least one day without him pulling something. Now that she thought about it, he had already blown up a tree today. Plus he had practically just seen her naked... again.

Sousuke's nose was throbbing in pain. Lucky for him it wasn't broken, but he imagined that it would swell and maybe even blacken his eyes. The blood was beginning to subside, but he was more worried about what Kaname thought of him in that moment. She had somehow gotten dressed in between her screaming and him coming back to his senses. Now she sat on the couch, arms crossed, refusing to look at him. She wore a fierce expression on her face. Normally she would have stomped off by now. Spying the ice he had once again dropped, he remembered the reason behind the entire mess and her stationary position.

Kaname jumped lightly as she felt his hand on her sore ankle and then the coolness of the icepack he gently pressed against her flesh. Her expression softened as she watched the young man kneeling before her tending to her ankle, oblivious to the pain he was probably suffering. She sighed and reached down to take hold of the compress.

“Sousuke?” She whispered softly. When his sorrowful eyes met hers, she felt her anger hardened heart melt. “Why don't you go get an ice pack for yourself?”

“It's not a problem.” he announced back, still dedicated to his mission at hand. He had also brought a tensor bandage with him, carefully removing the icepack, he wrapped her foot and ankle. She placed the icepack back on her foot as she turned to sit sideways on the couch, resting her foot on the sofa.

Sousuke meant to make her as comfortable as possible. He thought perhaps she would benefit from a slight painkiller.

“Kaname, I'm going to get you something for the pain.” Standing up, he began to retreat back in the direction of the locked door.

“Sousuke, I'm fine... really.”

“Miss Chidori, I insist.”

He could be so stubborn when it came to her. Why was she so important to him? She pondered the thought as he again prepared to leave.

“Fine, but just Tylenol Sousuke. And make sure you come back with an icepack for yourself.” She watched and smiled as he paused at the door. “That's an order soldier!”

“Affirmative.” he replied.

Weber had finally fully regained consciousness and was just reaching the staircase when Sousuke emerged from the suite. Kurz waited at the stairs for Sousuke to catch up.

“Hey, sorry bought that man! I just couldn't peel my eyes of that angel in there. God! Your a lucky man Sousuke!” Kurz grinned, rubbing the sore spot on the back of his head. When Sousuke was almost to the stairs, he noticed the swollen nose and blood streaks on the front of his shirt. “Wow Sousuke! What the hell happened to you!”

“It seems that Miss Chidori was still without pants when I returned from dragging you out of the room.” Sousuke stated matter of factly.

“Ha Ha Ha, Sousuke! So you got a good look too eh?!” Humor glinted in his blue eyes. He found Sousuke's utter inability to interact normally with girls highly amusing. He imagined that the sober soldier hadn't even thought about trying anything with the girl. He didn't even know if Sousuke had made the most of his alone time in the snow covered meadow. Noticing the reddening color of his comrade's skin, he realized that perhaps Sousuke wasn't as ignorant as he thought. He had tried once to explain everything to the soldier, but knew that half of it hadn't hit home. Sousuke hadn't had a normal life, all he knew was weapons and death. No wonder the whole high school scene was so foreign to him. Social interaction was as incomprehensible to Sagara, as the theory of relativity was to a fourth grader. Sousuke saw the world in a completely different light than most. Things needed to be logical for him and Kurz knew for a fact that women and dating were probably the farthest thing from being logical. No wonder why this was so difficult for Sagara.

Sousuke had been trying though. Kurz knew that Kaname meant the world to him. He was still coming to grips with the new physical reaction to her. It had taken awhile for Sousuke to realize that she meant more to him than a civilian he had to protect at all cost. Kurz wasn't sure when she had changed from mission objective to love interest, but thought that Sousuke's enlightenment had occurred when he was ordered to cease contact with the girl. It had thrown the poor boy into a landslide of emotions. Many of which he had trained his body to ignore as a young child caught in a war torn country. The Hong Kong mission had been the pinnacle of impending disaster. Sousuke had been told by Gauron that Kaname had been killed. If she hadn't of showed up in the city shortly after he had killed Gauron, Kurz was positive that Sousuke either would have ended up dead himself, or turned into one of the people that Mithril fights against. His nickname for the whispered girl meant even more to Weber now. Angel he called her. That's what she was. Sousuke's guardian Angel.

“I guess Melissa and I will take care of the tree.” Kurz stopped at the base of the stairs. Sousuke was turning to head in the direction of the kitchen., likely in search of more ice. “I'll send lunch and supper up so she doesn't have to go up and down these stairs. You just make sure you have her down here for your special treat at 7pm.”

“Affirmative.”

Weber watched as Sousuke disappeared around a corner. He himself heading in the direction of the small ballroom that Mao was currently transforming into a Christmas extravaganza. The tree was up and so were all the lights. A few more touches and it would be ready for their celebration later in the evening. They would just have to wait until after Sousuke had Kaname back from his special treat. He had been surprised when Sousuke had come up with the plans for this weekend all by himself. Kurz never thought that Sergent Sagara would be able to plan such a wonderful weekend. He had assisted in some of the ideas, but for the most part it was Sagara. After seeing the gift that his love rival, Tsubaki, had given to Kaname, Sousuke had researched the holiday for a few days. He had watched some old corny Christmas movies which many of his ideas had come from. Plus, he had payed attention to Kaname's likes and dislikes. Kurz was sure that Kaname would enjoy the events planned for later in the evening.

“Weber, don't just stand there. Get your useless ass over here and give me a hand.” Mao grumbled trying not to fall off the ladder as she untangled a long strand of lights.

“What about my ass Mao, you want a piece of it!” smirking he grabbed the bottom of the lights and assisted his team leader in her current endeavor.

“Asshole” she muttered under her breath as she reached up to hang the lights around the top of the tree.

Kaname smiled as she heard the door open and Sousuke walk towards her on the sofa. He placed a glass of water and a bottle of Tylenol on the small table beside the sofa. He also set a smaller icepack on beside the bottle. Then he made his way to the fire place and threw a few more logs on. Returning to the sofa to grab his face showed his surprise when she moved down and motioned for him to sit beside her. Once seated he passed her the bottle of painkillers and glass of water. Kaname took advantage of his position and used him as a leaning post. Relaxing as she stretched out, snuggling into his rigid frame.

Sousuke thought for sure that Kaname would still be mad at him when he returned. He had been surprised when she had moved down on the couch and allowed him to sit with her. When she leaned on him, relaxing and resting her foot, he felt himself stiffen. Slowly he assured himself that it was a normal situation and he relaxed his tense body. He was uncomfortable, his arm was currently pinned between his own and Kaname's. Carefully he shifted and rested his arm on the top of the sofa, stretching it past Kaname's head that had settled on his chest. They sat in a comfortable silence, watching the flames dance magically in the fireplace before them.

Sousuke was trying to concentrate on the icepack now firmly placed upon his inflamed nose. It had been quite a while since he had taken up his position on the couch. He was contemplating striking up a conversation. Looking down at the girl before him, he noticed the slow and steady rise of her chest.

She was sleeping. Her soft breath came steadily. Her eyes were closed in a peaceful slumber.

He moved slightly trying to get comfortable himself. She began to slip from her perch on his chest. Assessing the situation, he guided her down so that her head rested in his lap. He was assured now that she would not wake with a kink in her neck. Drawing the blanket up around her shoulders, he trailed a finger up the delicate skin of her neck. He was amazed at the elegance she possessed. He wiped a stand of hair that had come to rest across the bottom of her face. That hair, he longed to touch her thick shining tresses.

He reached slowly towards the lusters mass, jumping when she muttered and shifted herself. She quieted and began to breath slowly once more. Sweat had formed on his brow when she had moved. For some reason he felt as though he was doing something wrong, but he just needed to see what it was like. He finally reached his prize and reveled in the feel of her hair slipping through his fingers. He continued stroking her hair as she slept on his lap. A feeling a warmth and belong flooded through him. He smiled. Something that he rarely did. Something he found himself doing more and more around his whispered girl.

“Sou...suke”

He froze as she breathed his name. Glancing down at her, he saw her eyes were shut tightly. She slept still, oblivious to the fact that she was talking in her sleep. A giggle escaped from her throat and she smiled in her slumber. Her hand reached across his lap grasping the hand that was resting on his knee. She nuzzled her head into the hand that was snaked through her hair.

Sousuke was now nervous as ever, sweat glistened on his brow. Was she enjoying this? Did she like the feeling of someone toying with her hair? He continued to pull his hand through her hair and became slightly excited when a slight moan escaped her lips. Those same lips that he had kissed not very long before. He had reveled the experience, never knowing prior that one could gain such enjoyment out of the simple gesture. He was beginning to understand Weber's infatuation with acts involving the fairer sex. He gazed longingly at those lips, currently fixed in a smile. He wanted to repeat the act that he had engaged with Kaname in the snow. Perhaps he would be rewarded in such a way when she received the next portion of his gift to her?

Kaname had stirred slightly when he first stroked her hair. She was still half sleeping, but was vaguely aware of his gently touch. She came round when a sharp knock echoed through the room. She felt Sousuke tense instantly, though the hand remained snaked in her hair. She stretched lazily, absentmindedly slipping her fingers and hand into his palm, clutching it in a warm grip. She yawned and turned her head to gaze sleepily at the man she rested on.

“That feels good!” She mumbled through another yawn.

Sousuke's heart pounded when he realized she had woke. The knock on the door had startled him and he had grown rigid when she began to stir in his lap. He was unsure of her intentions when she clasped his hand in her own. He looked down at her after she shifted to lie on her back. Her head still rested on his lap, hair pooled partially across it. His hand still buried in a section that was near her waist. Her one arm rested over her head, hand still grasping his own.

“My apologies miss Chidori.” The flustered soldier blushed as he tried to pull his hand out of the mess. He lifted his hand, finding much of her hair wrapped firmly around his fingers.

“Careful Sousuke or it will knot something fierce!” She giggled as the nervous Sagara tried to remove the hair. “Here, let me help.” She had to move her arm that was resting on her stomach up between the couch and Sousuke's arm so she could effectively assist him. Once the task was accomplished, she smoothed the hair out and laughed as Sousuke continued to hang his arm in the air, unsure of what to do with it. She casually grabbed his hand and brought it down to rest on the hair laying at her waist.

“You don't have to stop, I don't mind if you play with my hair.” She smiled up at the obviously flustered Sousuke.

“Ah...Affirmative.” He lazily trailed his hand from the top of her head down to the ends at her waist. He was amazed that she was fully awake and still allowing him his guilty pleasure.

“Hey Sousuke? Who was at the door?” she asked, stifling another yawn.

He had been so caught up in the moment, he had completely forgot about the knock. He regretted having to move from his current location. Kaname shifted again to sit up as he moved to stand.

Sousuke rolled the cart full of food into the room. The two enjoyed the meal together as well as the rest of the day. Kaname taught him how to play some card games. Laughing at him for the most part as he made strange comments related to each game they played. The afternoon faded and the evening meal arrived. Soon after finishing it, Sousuke instructed Kaname to change once again into something warm.

Finally able to hobble around slightly she decided that since they would be celebrating Christmas Eve, she would dress nicely. She chose the white sweater she loved. It hugged every curve of her body. The top was a large open neck, which allowed her to either bare both shoulders or leave one side plunging dramatically down her shoulder. She paired the elegant sweater with a pair of low rise dark blue jeans. Her sweater just skimmed the waist of the jeans, given little peaks of her flat stomach depending on her movement. She found the bracelet that Sousuke had given her as a method of tracking. Despite his reasons of practicality, the bracelet was very attractive, plus it was a gift from Sousuke which made it all the more meaningful. She decided to quickly wrap her hair up into a messy up do. She added some subtle makeup to complete the ensemble. She smiled at the impressive results in the bathroom mirror. This was the first time Sousuke would see her in anything other that her uniform of casual wear. That is other than the Kimono, she suddenly remembered. A quick spray of her perfume and she exited the bathroom.

She smiled at Sousuke's reaction. If he hadn't been so sobering all the time she could have sworn his jaw would have hit the floor. He blushed at the sight of her. He even tripped trying to get to the door to open it for her. She had thrown him completely off balance. All he did was stare at her as they walked down the hall. Their trip to the stairs was a little longer with Kaname limping, using Sousuke's arm for support.

She could see Weber and Mao at the base of the stairs. She waved in greeting as they came to the top of the stairs. About to take a step down, she suddenly found herself being swept into Sousuke's arms. He was soon carrying her down the flight of stairs. She blushed heavily hearing Weber let out a cat call.

“Sousuke, you dog!!!! ” Weber grinned as the pair reached the foyer. “If I had Kaname upstairs looking like that, I would have never made it down here!” He watched as Sousuke carefully placed Kaname back on her feet. He handed each their coats, which had been sent downstairs to be dried. Waiting for them to put on their jackets, he took the moment to give Melissa a wink, just as excited as she was to watch Kaname's reaction to the upcoming gesture. Seeing that both were ready to brave the frigid temperatures, he nodded to the pair and opened the doors.

Kaname gasped in surprise at the sight she beheld. She squealed with excitement before practically tackling Sousuke in a huge hug.

“Sousuke! It's perfect!”