Full Metal Panic Fan Fiction ❯ Christmas Panic ❯ chapter 9 ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 9

Kaname couldn't believe her eyes. Standing in front of the manor was a beautiful team of jet black quarter horses. They were hitched to a glistening black open sleigh. Shiny brass bells had been fastened to the horses harnesses and the sleigh was decorated with fresh garland and red bows. An old man in classic 1800's style clothing sat ready to drive. The full moon cast enough light over the winter wonderland that vision would not be a problem for either driver or horse.

It was perfect. How had Sousuke possible come up with this idea? Did he even know that she loved horses or that she had always wanted to ride in a sleigh? He couldn't possibly have know the latter. It had been a dream she had only told her mother, who had shared in her love for anything and everything equestrian.

In excitement she had turned and embraced Sousuke, again soliciting a blush on him. Soon she was excitedly exiting the manor at Weber's insistence.

“Your carriage awaits” Weber bowed dramatically as he showed the two out the door.

Sousuke assisted the glowing girl into the sleigh, ensuring that she did not put any weight on her still sore ankle. Once she was seated he returned to the door to grab a few blankets to cover them with. Weber caught his attention as he lifted the blankets in his arms.

“Ok Sousuke, here's your chance! Don't screw it up! Remember everything I have ever told you about women! Go get her tiger” He whispered to his friend before giving him a friendly shove in the arm.

Sousuke was blushing at his words, crimson flooding to his face when he looked at the girl sitting in the open sleigh. Sitting down beside her, he slid the blanket carefully over her lap and his own. Signally their readiness to the driver, he found they were quickly moving at a slow trot across the snow covered landscape. Sleigh bells jingled merrily in the crisp night air. Moonlight made the snow sparkle and dance as they made their way around the manor's property.

Kaname's cheeks were rosy red from the cool night air, she couldn't wipe the smile off her face. This was the best Christmas she had ever had. The beauty around her was spectacular. The magnificent black coats of the paired mares glistened as their muscles flexed and relaxed, smoothing pulling the sleigh along. The gentleman driving looked authentic in his black top hat, wool coat, and gentle features. Sleigh bells echoed through the meadow they were entering, jingling and ringing as the passengers rode in silence.

Sousuke relaxed to the rhythm of the bells and the motion of the sleigh. He had thought that Kaname would enjoy such a ride, but he hadn't expected such a joyous reaction from her. His thoughts returned to her embrace when she first saw his surprise for the evening. He hadn't returned her embrace simply because he was first to startled, and then she had released him so quickly to make her way out the door. Now he had to muster up enough courage to carry out Weber's strict instructions.

Step 1 Sousuke. Engage in subtle physical contact. You must secure your arm around her shoulders.” Weber had instructed concerned about his comrades inability to create a romantic setting. He had even giving him a few demonstrations. Sousuke was unsure of which to employ. There had been the yawn and stretch maneuverer, but he did not want to look bored. He could try the losing balance and repositioning himself method, but he would have to wait until the sleigh hit a bump. The final tactic was the boldest. Weber had instructed him to simply just do it.

Deciding to take the direct route, Sousuke launched his attack. He broke into a cold sweat as he placed his arm behind her hair, resting it on her seat. He breathed out, preparing for the worst as he settled it around her shoulders.

Kaname was too busy enjoying the ride to notice the extremely agitated man beside her. His presence was made known when suddenly she found herself tucked neatly under his arm. She turned to look at him, questioning his motives. She wasn't overly surprised to see him sweating profusely and cringing, obviously preparing for her paper fan attack. No attack would come though. She would be lying to herself if she told herself that she was offended by the contact. Quite the opposite. Her heart fluttered at his embrace and she was soon thanking the cold night for formerly adding the pink tinge to her cheeks. This way he would not be able to see the blush that crept into her features. She offered him a shy smile and relaxed into his tense embrace.

Sousuke cringed as she turned. Surely some large object would be quickly be connecting with his head. He cracked one eyelid open when initially nothing happened. To his utter amazement, Weber's advice had worked, for Kaname was smiling at him. It was a strange smile though, eyes slightly down cast and lips lightly drawn into a happy greeting. Never had he seen such Kaname exhibit such an unknown look. What did it mean? Normally she would have attacked with great ferocity. Perhaps he would continue with his current mission.

Step 2: Engage objective in meaningful eye contact.”

He was more familiar with the meaning of this, since it had been eye contact that had drawn him into his first kiss with her. Her eyes glanced up briefly and he used the moment to lock eyes with her. His heart was racing wildly now, those beautiful eyes of hers staring into his. What was the next step, he was having trouble remembering Weber's instructions.

Step 3: Narrow the distance between yourself and the intended target.”

Sousuke leaned towards Kaname, closing the space between them. His muscles relaxed somewhat, feeling that she had done the same. The moonlight caught her eyes just right, causing them to sparkle magnificently and causing him to suck in his breath.

Step 4: Remove the ability for the target to move away from contact.”

“Affirmative”he thought. Remembering that before her inability to move had been because of his weight, he contemplated on how to accomplish this. He was unsure why Weber insisted on the importance of this step. He did not want Kaname to feel forced into the act. Weber had assured him that it was only because some girls liked to be coy, and once complete contact was made. Further attempts to limit movement would be unrequired. Weber had also mentioned that this step was only to be used lightly, otherwise he may find himself with a sore head or sore groin.

Focusing on the impending task, he brought his other hand up, placing his thumb and forefinger on her chin, restricting her ability to shy away. Tilting her face up, he watched as she closed her eyes. He swore that his heart was going to pound right out of his chest. He closed the distance a little farther then shut his eyes as well.

Step 5: Now Sousuke, this if the final and most important step. Go for the kill Baby! Oh Yeah!

Boldly he pressed his lips to hers, it took but a moment for the heat of their kiss to draw the coolness out of their lips. He soon found that she was pressing into him, clutching at the folds of his jacket. Encouraged by the response he tightened his embrace, and deepened his kiss.

Kaname was again ecstatic at having another kiss. The moment was perfect, utterly romantic. How could it possibly get any better than this? A light cough brought her back to her senses. Sousuke broke his kiss from her, looking a little embarrassed at being caught by the driver. She hadn't even noticed that they had come to a stop. Looking around she noticed they were back in the same meadow that they had visited that morning. The same spot Sousuke had kissed her for the first time. She was confused as to why they stopped.

She could hear the motor of a generator fire and her head snapped around to the direction of the noise. Suddenly the huge tree she had received the nice snow bath from, came alive in a beautiful display of twinkling lights. Never had she seen such a site. The tree must have been 80 feet in height and its entire form had been draped in thousands of lights.

“This is amazing Sousuke.” She exclaimed in delight, fishing out her camera, to capture the splendor of the tree. She became snap happy, taking photos of the tree, then the driver and horses, and finally ended when the driver took a few of Sousuke and her snuggled in the sleigh.

“How did you know Sousuke?” she inquired, once the driver had started the horses back in the direction of the manor.

Clearing his throat he began as if responding to one of his commanding officers. “Right! It was made aware to me by certain circumstances that a Christmas gift was in order. I researched the holiday by means of Internet and apparent classic movies. A horse draw sleigh seemed a recurring theme in my research. I deemed it a relatively safe and appropriate undertaking for you. I was assured by Sergent Weber that it indeed was a gift appropriate for you. I also took in your enthusiasm for horses. I made that assumption from photo's you had shown me on a previous occasion. I hope that all is too your liking Miss Chidori!”

Kaname grinned as the soldier rambled off his explanation, all the while incredibly tense. He had actually researched this social event to come up with an idea for her. She pondered if it was Tsubaki's Christmas gift that had been the circumstance he had referred to. Smiling she leaned in to give him a kiss on the cheek.

“Thank you Sousuke. This is the best gift I have ever received.” She again smiled at his obviously joyful reaction to her thanks. She turned to snuggle back under his arm and enjoy his warmth on the return to the manor.

She had liked it! Kaname had shown her appreciation with a chaste peck on the cheek. Grinning wildly as she tucked back under the warmth of his body and one of her hands lightly clutching the front of his jacket, he thought of his opponent. Tsubaki had only gotten a thank you. He had one this battle. That was affirmative. He'd be damned to if his opponent would be allowed to pull the same stunts when they returned to school. He was feeling a strong sense of possessiveness for the girl in his embrace. He would not tolerate Tsubaki's interference anymore.

Kaname sighed softly as the sleigh pulled up to the doors of the manor. She was disappointed that the adventure was over, but was glad to soon be getting inside where it was warm. Sitting up, she thanked the gentleman who had taken them on the wonderful outing. Sousuke did the same, then helped her down from the sleigh. Kaname took the last opportunity to snap off a few more pictures of the old man and his beautiful team of mares. She waved as he pulled away and headed back in the direction of the stables.

Sousuke gracefully held open the large wooden doors to the manor. Smiling meekly as she hobbled past him into the large foyer to come to rest on a nearby bench to remove her boots and coat. Sousuke was not far behind her, sitting to preform the same task she just had. She felt somewhat awkward around him after the second romantic encounter. She could tell by his disposition, that he was feeling much the same. Music coming from down the hall attracted her attention and she turned to look towards the sound.

“What's going on down there I wonder.” She muttered half to herself and half to Sousuke.

“Right! That is our next destination Miss Chidori. We are to join Sergent Weber and Sergent Major Mao in the ballroom for a Christmas celebration.” He replied to her.

Standing erect, Sousuke was back to being the soldier she knew. She was slightly disappointed at his transformation back, rather enjoying the new found side of him. She smiled and stood, walking beside him down the hall. Staying off the her foot all day had helped. As she walked beside him, she found that her sprained ankle was not as bad off as it had been before. The more she walked the more weight she was able to put on it. To test it, she removed her arm that had been entwined with Sousuke's for support. Happy with the results, she did not lean on Sousuke for support any longer. She was able to walk with just a tiny bit of a limp. Every step feeling better and better. Soon she found herself missing his warmth. Shyly she reached out to grasp Sousuke's hand in her own. Gleeful when he squeezed back.

Sousuke's blood pressure spiked when the graceful and smooth hand wrapped itself around his. He shyly squeezed it acknowledging its presence. All of these feelings he was experiencing were so foreign to him. He was so very unsure of himself in these new social settings. All the knowledge he had on the matter of male and female relationships came from a single textbook and his two comrades. His comrades knowledge often clashed. Weber would give him information and Mao would tell him to be cautious of Kurz's advice. He had recently purchased a book called Dating for Dummies at Mao's recommendation and had been pleasantly surprised at the ease of explanations the book had offered. He was beginning to agree with Mao's perspective on Weber being somewhat of the textbook's definition of a pervert. However, he had not found anything too contradictory with Weber's recent advise on how to deal with Kaname this weekend. It seemed that Weber's current advice had shadowed much of the research textbook. Because of this, Sousuke had valued the experience of his fellow soldier. Now, it seemed that he wasn't as socially inept as he had feared he would be. He had read that text three times in the week before his arrival. Highlighting certain parts and overall attempting to commit it to memory. Some of it still seemed highly illogical, but both the text and Weber had been adament on the fact that women and dating were not logical matters.

Laughter floated through the open door they were nearing. It brought him back to his senses. They entered the small ballroom, only to be bugged by his comrades.

“Wooo hooo! Looks like the sleigh ride did the trick! Sousuke you stud!” Weber's devilish grin appeared. He was pleasantly surprised to see the couple arrive hand in hand.

Sousuke must have followed my fool proof instructions. I'm such a lady killer. I know Kaname wouldn't be able to resist those tactics. I am a little surprised that Sousuke didn't screw it up.” He thought to himself as he poured himself and Melissa another glass of holiday cheer. The two had been at it for almost an hour now and he was beginning to feel the warmth, pleasant buzz from the alcohol.

“Hey Melissa, perhaps you and I could explore the land of romance a little later. It would be a shame to let these two have all the fun.” He passed her a drink, trying his most appealing smile.

“You wish asshole!” She shot back accepting the drink he had poured for her.

Mao watched as Weber returned to the drink table to mix the newcomers a drink of their own. Kaname had wandered over to inspect all of the decorations on the tree. Mao took the opportunity to have a quick and quiet chat with her subordinate who was currently at the snack table.

“So Sousuke, did the reading material I suggested assist you?” She questioned quietly, reaching for one of the delicate strawberries on the fruit platter.

“Affirmative Ma'am! The read was most enlightening and highly beneficial to my understanding of social requirements between civilian men and women. I assure you that I studied the manual intensely before our arrival and have used it as a point of reference for many of my actions today. Your attention to my needs is greatly appreciated.” He responded to his commanders question in the manner he was most accustomed to.

“So Sousuke” her voice silky and seductive “You get any action yet?” Her wicked smile grew at the embarrassment she saw in her young comrade.

“Affirmative!” was all he managed to get out before Kaname returned to the group.

“Wow Melissa, you've really out done yourself! The room looks amazing. The tree itself is incredible let alone what you've done with the rest of the room.” Kaname chatted away, all the while taking in the splendor of the room. Lights were strung from everything imaginable and with being the only source of light, created a warm glowing atmosphere. The tree was decked out in ornaments and ribbons of blue and silver, flowing nicely with the white and blue decor the rest of the room had. Soft, flickering candles were lit on the tables filling the room with the scent of vanilla. Finally, the large fireplace burned and crackled happily adding a soul warming heat to the room.

Weber returned as well, holding a glass of champaign in one hand and two short glasses of scotch in the other.

“For the beautiful miss Chidori and our fellow soldier Sousuke. Merry Christmas.” Kurz winked as he handed the first glass to Kaname. He received a glare from Sousuke when he handed him a drink. “I wasn't sure what you wanted to drink, this will have to suffice this time I'm afraid.”

“Thank you Kurz.” Kaname beamed back, ignorant of Sousuke's angered glares towards Weber.

“Would you kindly accompany me on a tour of my fine ballroom? There are many items of my families heritage located in this grand room. I imagine some of them would amuse you greatly.” Kurz flashed Kaname a bold smile batting his eyelashes as he extended his arm, willing her to join him. His eyes traveled the length of her body, appreciation for its feminine curves glinting in his eyes. She was stunning in that white tight fitting sweater. The low cut jeans accentuated her long legs, and he practically drooled when little hints of her tanned taunt stomach showed just above her pant line. She looked more grown up with her hair piled on her head. Elegant and sophisticated was the way he would describe it.

“But of course!” Kaname giggled, swooping into a fake bow before accepting his arm. She allowed him to whisk her around the room pointing out relics from the past and laughing at the obsurd stories he spouted about their history.

“Tsk Tsk Tsk, Sousuke! Don't look so put out. I'm sure Kurz will return Kaname to you before to long.” Mao through her arm affectionately around the young soldier who was carefully following Weber's every move. “I'm sure he'll refrain from molesting her right in front of you.”

Sousuke tensed noticeably at the last comment, making Mao chuckle. “Christ Sousuke, I was kidding!” Common, let's get another drink and start a game of some kind.

Weber and Kaname joined them at a table near the fire. Mao had selected a few board games for the group to entertain themselves with. Weber took up the duty of refilling drinks before returning to the table. Kaname selected pictionary, trusting her abilities as an artist to give her an edge. Melissa suggested a girls versus guys playoff.

A few hours later the group was in a deep state of merriment, have consumed a large amount of alcohol during their competition. Mao and Kaname were literally rolling on the ground in a fit of laughter watching the two boys attempt to solve a game of charades. It hadn't taken much to set them off, Kurz jumping around like an idiot and Sousuke rambling off every military associated idea he could think off. Kaname had been the first to lose her balance and tumble from her chair. Melissa next after Kaname's incident had sent her into another fit of laughter.

The boys stopped, interested in the two girls who were beside themselves from laughing so much. Sousuke worried and Kurz expecting them to start into something erotic. Both staring with strange expressions at the two girls. Upon seeing the guys staring, both Melissa and Kaname revived their laughter, tears spilling from their eyes.

“These... two idiots... are going to kill... me... it they... keep it up” Mao was trying to talk between giggles and gasping for breath. “I think it's time for this soldier to hit the hay!”

Mao struggled to stand, exhausted from laughing and wobbly from the alcohol. Kurz lent her a hand and pulled her to her feet. Sousuke offered Kaname a hand as well, who was having just as much trouble standing on her feet. Once they were all standing, they headed in the direction of the main door. Weber had skipped ahead and was now paused in the opening of the door. Pointing up he grinned at Mao.

“Your first Sergent Major!” The devilish smile was back.

“You've been waiting for this all night haven't you?!” Mao chuckled as she realized that the pervert had hung mistletoe in the door frame.

“Of Course. How else would a rogue like me have the opportunity to kiss two beautiful women?” He replied trying to look as dashing as ever.

“Very well!” Mao was too intoxicated to really care about the incident and allowed Weber to sweep her in a deep passionate kiss.

Weber savored the moment of holding his sexy commander in his embrace. They had made mistletoe a tradition for the last few years, although they had never had an audience before. They're relationship was strictly one of friendship, but neither could resist the temptation of mistletoe. He broke the kiss and gave her a friendly slap on the ass as she exited. Next he eyed up the alluring Kaname.

Might as well try!” were his thoughts as she approached. Sousuke still looked confused about the mistletoe, so Kurz figured that he might get lucky and taste the lips of his beautiful angel.

“Miss Chidori!” Weber growled as he swept her up into an intimate embrace. He lowered his head to hers ,excited at the prospect of the kiss.

Sousuke was surprised that Melissa hadn't dropped Kurz then and there with his inappropriate behavior. Perhaps the alcohol had inhibited her judgment. He was still pondering what had happened when he noticed that Kaname was in the clutches of that devious wolf. Kurz was holding her very intimately. His hand around her back was edging lower and lower until it rested just under the curve of her buttocks. Sousuke's temper flared at the sight of this. Kurz was also lowing his head, lips inches from Kaname's.

Kurz lips met Kaname's, softly nudging them in a sweet and seductive dance. His senses flared at the girls scent and taste. He reveled in the feeling of her curves beneath his hand. He was about to attempt to deepen the kiss when he felt a sharp pain and everything went black.

Kaname was shocked at Weber's boldness. To shocked to do anything to stop him. No sooner had his lips touched hers when he slumped to the floor completely unconscious. She looked up to see Sousuke seething mad at his friend. Before she could say anything in an attempt to calm Sousuke, Mao cut in laughing her head off.

“Weber, you idiot!” she continued laughing still yelling at the man he was coming to at Kaname's feet. “Did you honestly think Sousuke would let you get away with that. Your such an ass! Mistletoe or not, she's off limits now!”

Weber found that he was being picked up by the fierce and fiery Sergent Mao. He began to grin at remembrance of the act that had landed him with another lump on the head.

“Hey babe, sorry you got so jealous. Kaname's hot, I had to try. Sorry Sousuke!” He was still seeing stars as Mao settled one of his arms over her shoulder and placed her arm around his waist, assisting him out into the hallway. “You know who else is hot...Miss Mao! Say you wanna hang some more mistletoe above your bed???? I'll help Melissa!!”

Kaname heard their conversation as Mao drug him down the hall, laughing at his suggestions. Turning back she saw Sousuke was looking at her very intently. Blushing she looked away and began the walk back to their shared room. She felt heat creep throughout her body at the thought of returning to that room. She was beginning to get very flustered as images of Sousuke and one large bed filled her mind. She wobbled down the hallway, very unsteady on her own two legs. She stopped at the base of the stairs which now appeared much higher than before and she groaned at the thought of trying to climb them with her alcohol suppressed limbs. She began her ascent, only to trip part way, she fell slightly forward and smiled as she corrected herself. Thinking that she had avoid falling face forward, she wasn't prepared for the sensation that followed. She had over corrected her original falter and was soon tipping dangerously backwards. She gasped as she felt herself hit the breaking point of her balance. Eyes slammed shut as she prepared to tumble backwards.

The sensation stopped. A warm hand was firmly in her back, steadying her. Sousuke urged her forward, climbing slightly behind her, assuring that she would safely make it up the steps. Kaname felt even hotter than before as that hand pressed her forward up the staircase. Upon reaching the top and turning in the direction of the suite, she noticed that the hand did not leave her back. In fact it fell to secure her waist, confidently drawing her closer to the man beside her. The door to the suite was a few feet away. What would happen once they breached its threshold? Would they...or maybe...? She couldn't think straight as the door swung open. Something was dangling from the door frame. What was it? Glancing up she cursed Weber silently upon recognizing the leafy branch. Mistletoe!