Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction / Chrono Crusade Fan Fiction ❯ Another Chance ❯ Promise ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 5: Promise
Risembool, Amestris 1914
As I lay on the grassy hills of Risembool, caring not what the world would shove at me, I sigh, a content sigh, as I stretched both my full flesh pair of arms and let it fall to my sides. I smile as my younger brother chased the weary old dog Den, whose tail wags happily and his tongue sticking out from his mussel. This brought somewhat a joyous atmosphere around me, but something feels off, as if I'm missing something... or someone. My view of the endless sky were roofed by a lock of blonde hair and beautiful ocean eyes, eyes that bore through mine as it lit the wildfire within me. she smile at me as she place a chaste kiss on my lips, and then lay next to my right. Overcome by lust, I immediately snake my arms around her pulling her body closer to mine and intimately nuzzle the crook of her neck, mumbling her name is passion,"Winry..." and then slowly tortured her by trailing kisses down from her neck to her chin, earning myself a moan of pleasure from her. This somewhat triggered something within me as I hungry capture her lips into mine, and we compete one another for dominance in our heated kiss. She roughly grabbed a lock of my hair and pulled me even closer to her body, trying to deepen our kiss.... I pulled away, trying to catch my breath as I lay my head between her breast. Winry slowly combed my hair with her finger. I grin at her and mouth those three little words that took me years to finally have the guts to say it to her....
"I Love You...."
Edward Elric suddenly jolt awake from his slumber when cold water rudely splashed his face. His face immediately knotted into anger as he instantly pursued his culprit only to find that he is trapped in a dark room. The room had concrete walls that seem rather impossible to break, and small barred door and a small window that lead to the outside world. One problem is that Ed's room is located four stories high.
"Looks like sleeping beauty's finally up." An ominous man with long black hair tied to a low pony tail and golden eyes gaze at Ed with a smirk. He wore a dark brown-green military outfit and black military boots, on his left arm reside the red arm band with the black crooked swastika in the middle, and on his right hand wielded a rifle.
"KIMBLY!" Ed stared at the man in disbelief, who look at Ed in confusion.
"tch.. I think you mistaken me from someone else, The name's Eberhard Shwartz and WOAH THERE!" Ed rammed into the barred door, making Eberhard back away from the door. Ed grabbed on of the bars and yelled, "Where the hell's AL!?"
Eberhard smirk at Ed and cooly stated, "Relax pal, he's alright, I think you should wait and LAY DOWN FOR A WHILE." With a grunt, Eberhard harshly slammed the swivel, passing between the two bars, on Ed's wounded left shoulder. The impact caused Ed to tumble backwards and fall to his knees. He then gritted his teeth and tightly closed his eyes as the agony on his left shoulder became unbearable. Enjoying his previous action, Eberhard opened the bar door and then closed it behind him. He slowly saunter toward Ed, who is now hunched forward his metallic arm gripping his wounded shoulder, and then hastily kicked him square on the stomach. Ed fell on his back, gasping for air, as Eberhard continuously stomped and kick Ed. Moments passed and the grunts and groans passed, Eberhard left the cell.. along with the severely injured Edward who lay in conscious on the floor.
As the barred door closed behind the smirking Nazi, he then came face to face with an officer who outranked him. "Lieutenant Shwartz, what have you done to the elder Elric?"
The officer had trimmed blonde hair and an officer cap on, slightly hiding his blue eyes. He wore a dark blue-gray service outfit with black boots. On the right side of his black belt reside a model B semi-auto pistol. And then the infamous Nazi armband on his left shoulder.
Eberhard shrugged his shoulders and grin at the officer, "Nothing really serious, Lieutenant Colonel Bischof, I was just teaching him a lesson or two." The Lt. Colonel walked passed the Lieutenant and eyed the conscious, and extremely injured blonde on the floor of his prison. Bischof swiftly face Eberhard and then roared angrily at the lesser officer.
"What have you done! Look at him, his injuries are severe and he may die from it!"
Eberhard closed his eyes and scratch the back of his neck, mouth still in it's evil grin, "What's so important about him, he made out with a gypsy."
"It is non of your business, bring him to the infirmary immediately and tell the doctor to treat his wounds quickly. It's an order Lieutenant!" Bischof's booming voice echoed to the dark halls, making the lesser officer erect his position and saluted at his superior. Grumbles escape from Eberhard's mouth as he unlock the barred doors. He attempted to scoop Ed, who is now unconscious, over his shoulders, but with the abundant weight from his metallic limbs he roughly dropped Ed on the floor. He rethink about dragging his body, knowing he'll be in even more trouble. With one final grumble, Eberhard scoop Ed over his shoulders again, locking his knees and bringing his own body up in a stand. He panted and huffed as he dragged his feet towards the barred door and then stop in front of his superior, "Aren't you going to help me?"
"No, you have inflected this upon Edward so this is PART of your punishment, the rest will be up to the Colonel." With his cold glare upon his subordinate, The Lt. Colonel raised his right arm and brought his index finger in a horizontal position, pointing at the direction to his right.
'Great... I'm seriously in trouble, oh well' Eberhard smirked at his superior, hiding his anger, and then sighed as he look at the long hallway that lead to the infirmary. "Damn...."
************************************************************
Alphonse Elric slowly open his eyes, coming face to face with a dirty, cracked wall. He moaned as he arouse, he tumbled slightly but regained his balance and stood erect. He stretched his arms upward and then rub the back of his neck. "Ow.. where am I?" Alphonse walked around his prison cell, exploring his surroundings and such. He then saw a Prison guard on the other side of the barred door facing at his direction with, no surprise to Al, a crooked swastika armband on his left shoulder. He was huge, with his puffed chest and large legs, he would equal to Major Armstong's body physique, and maybe his strength. His stance was at a parade rest, with legs apart slightly and hands gripping each other on his back. His movement was very still, except with his chest moving. And his unusual colored spiky hair, he looked quite intimidating. His red orbs glared at him, the same way Scar glared at Edward when he attempted to kill Ed.
Al gulped and, with shaky voice, asked, "umm.. Where's my brother, is he alright." The man remained silent. Al asked again, and the man still refuse to answer, or talk to him. Alphonse sighed leaning against one of the walls and let his body slide down to a sitting position on the floor. He close his eyes and wonder if Ed is alright. Well.. he knows he'll be alright, he's hard to kill after all. And then his thoughts wandered to Winry Rockbell and the promise he made to her.
It was already 1 am in the morning, Alphonse, dead tired from all the research he did on human transmutation and Alchemy, descend upwards on the stair leading to the rooms of Winry, His, and the still vacant room that belong to his brother. As Al made his way to his room at the very end of the hall, he saw that Winry's room is still lit with light. Alphonse, who is very curious, slowly open the door of Winry's room. He poke his head inside and whispered, "Winry..... are you alright?"..... No response. Now Curiosity turn into a slight panic as he fully open the door and went inside. He then saw that the door that lead to her bathroom was open and there was a gagging sound and something colliding a deep puddle of water. He poke his head inside the bathroom only to withdraw back when the strong smell of vomit hit. He gulped and with a determine look, open the door and fully went inside. Now the smell is unbearable, but took pride in attempting to help his sick friend who is now hunched on the floor. Winry, her blonde hair now plastered all over her face, sat on the floor. Her breathing was heavy and her face look tired. Alphonse slowly walk and kneeled beside her, rubbing her back.
"Are you alright Winry?"
"mm hmm." Winry nodded as he look up to face Alphonse. "Yeah, I think it's something I ate during dinner, but Al.. don't worry, I'm fine." Winry smiled weakly at the worried Al as she stood up, her legs shaking slightly.
"... Are you sure? Do you want me to help you clean up?" Al offered, helping Winry to her feet.
"Yes and thanks Al, but I'll clean myself up."
"Alright then... just call me if you need anything, kay?"
"ok." Al exited the bathroom and close the door behind him. He was about to leave when he heard sobs coming from the other side of the door where Winry. He placed his right ear on the door.
Winry's POV
As Al left the bathroom, I waited a for two minutes, just to make sure he's gone, and cried. I cried like there's no tomorrow, I haven't cried like this since Ed disappeared. I placed my right hand on my stomach. I knew, ever since that night when Ed and I were together... alone, since the day he left after that night, and since the day he disappeared, that in a few months my life would change. If Ed were to come back, will he leave me.. again... if he finds out? Will he reject what we did that night? I cried even more as the thoughts of rejection and being alone consume my mind. Oh God I can't believe... "I'm Pregnant.." I said out loud, loud enough for me to hear it myself. Oh Ed... please forgive me.
End of POV
Al backed away from the door, shocked.. VERY shocked. Winry? Pregnant? He sure didn't expect that. Al exited Winry's room and went to his. He lay on his bed, all the thoughts of sleep gone. He just lay there thinking, ".... wow, Winry's pregnant. YES, I'M GONNA BE AN UNCLE! well, not a real uncle, but a friend uncle....hmmmm.. who's the father?".. ok that was a bad thought, because he spent the whole night thinking about it.. which screwed his plan to sleep. He "woke up" around 7 am to prepare breakfast, Pinako already in the kitchen making scrambled eggs.
"Good Morning Granny." Al smiled, as he went to one of the compartments and took out recipes and utensils to make pancakes.
"Morning Al, how's your night?"
"It was fine.... I saw Winry in the bathroom last night, puking. Was she like this before?" Al ask, stopping whatever he was doing and look down to Pinako.
"..... yeah." Pinako said, not taking her eyes off the scrambled eggs.
"What!?" Al dropped the eggs he was holding and look directly at Pinako in disbelief.
"Before you and your brother left on that cursed journey, before he disappeared, Ed and Winry........ talked." Pinako said, avoiding some very inappropriate words, she wasn't ready to give Al some small lecture about sex... yet.
'What do you mean 'talked'?" Al raised an eyebrow in confusion.
"How old you are Al?"
"15" Al answered quickly
"Well.. they 'talked' for hours, actually It lasted all night."
Then it hit him hard, and his face became as red as Ed's red jacket. He swiftly turn his body at the opposite direction of Pinako, embarrassed to know about Ed and Winry's intimate moment. This lasted a few minutes when Winry descend down the stairs, face full of exhaustion. Al quickly came to Winry's side. "Are you ok Winry?"
"Yeah, I had a rough night." Once downstairs, Winry took a sit in one of the couches.
"Winry, I made some mint tea for you. It's on the table if you need it." Pinako called from the kitchen.
"Thanks granny." Winry attempted to go and grab the tea but Al prevented her from doing so.
"I'll get it for you." He smile at Winry and went to get the tea and Winry closed her eyes for a moment. Al came back and gave Winry her tea and then slowly sat down beside her. He watch her drink the tea slowly and cautiously, and then look away.
"Al, I'm sorry I didn't tell you." Al quickly gaze at Winry, who is now looking at the floor with a sad expression.
"no.. no, it's ok."
"No it's not, you're Ed's brother... you have the right to know."
They both fell silent for a moment when Al whispered something, "I'll bring him back."
"What?" Winry stare at the boy beside him
"I promise, I'll bring brother back and we'll all be together again." Winry smile at the boy facing the floor. Al raise his head and look at Winry with a determine look, " And I promise that your child will see it's father whole... and alive." Winry sadly smile at Al and mouthed a 'thank you'.
"Bring the boy here." Al's thought were disrupted when a commanding voice ordered his prison guard.
The Nazi nodded, "Yes Sir." and opened the barred door, he then motioned Al to exit the cell. Al obliged and walked pass the giant, he then stop in front of an officer. The officer is around his mid 40's with short strawberry blonde hair and neatly comb facial hair, which is a beard and a mustache. He wore a service military outfit with an sabre attached to his belt. He had a gentle and wise expression, with a smile that is truly unfit for a heartless Nazi.
"My name is Colonel Baron von Austerlite. It is very nice to finally meet a son of my dear friend Hohenheim." Austerlite held his hand in front of Al.
Al look at him and then his hand and back again to his hazel eyes. With shaky hands, he and Austerlite shook hands. "It's um.. nice to meet you too." Austerlite flashed Al the most gentle and wide smile he had ever seen.
"Well then my boy, follow me and I shall lead you to your brother in the Infirmary."
"Infirmary? What happened to him!?" Al yelled at the man in front of him, who's happy face drop into a frown.
"Calm down Alphonse, He is alright."
"Tell me what happened to him!?"
"One of my men brutally abused him, but do not worry.. I have punished him for his deeds, you won't be seeing the abuser for a while." With a gentle smile from the Colonel, they walk in silence to the Infirmary.
TBC
Ok.. I take back what I said about this beeing long.... I might be able to write something far more longer than this in the future. so, I hope you enjoy this chapter.