Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Memories of Life ❯ Chapter 5

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Memories of Life
Chapter 5
 
 
 
 
 
Alex woke up with that feeling. You know, the one when you know you're being watched? Slowly peaking an eye open she found three sets of eyes staring at her about 3 inches from her face. She screamed making the others scream and jump backwards.
“JESUS! What are you guys trying to do, give me a heart attack?” Alex screamed trying to catch her breath.
“Maybe…” They all answered.
“So what time is it?” Alex asked scratching her head through her bed head hair and yawning.
“It's about ten, breakfast buffet ended like 30 minutes ago, and we need to get dressed cause we are leaving in an hour to meet in the conference room to discuss our plans for the trip. SO get up and get dressed!” Alexis said pulling off the sheet.
“Hey, you can put that back on!” Alex yelled jumping out of bed.
“I don't have to. We have maids that come everyday when we leave. Isn't this just the best?” Alexis squealed.
“Holy crap! I died and went to heaven.” Alex said walking into the bathroom.
~~~
Alexis, Alex, Whitney, and Anne walked into the room together. They all sat down in four available chairs at the long table facing the white board. Everyone else was already there, and the room was noisy with the fifty kids talking. Mr. Ransdell walked in and did a quick attendance before continuing.
“Alright guys listen up!” He yelled over the talkative teens who quieted down. “Alright, now today is a nice relaxing day, we are going to go down to the plaza with a few more escorts from the hotel. This entire trip will be a relaxing and enjoyable trip, if you all cooraporate. This is not going to be our only trip to a plaza, so let me straighten out some things for you. First off, do not attempt to steal anything. The punishment here is to get your hand or hands cut off, and they will not show mercy on you because you are Americans. You are warned now. Secondly, these people can be bargained with to lower prices, however do not argue with them. Be pollite. Lastly stay in groups of at least 4 if not with your chaperone, anyone caught otherwise will be immediately taken to their room and will do homework for the everyday that we get to have free time. Every group meets back at the hotel by 5 o clock no exceptions. I do not have an exact schedule yet, but I can tell you that we will be going to our first site Wednesday. Tomorrow is our study day for ancient Egypt. Be respectful to our speakers. There are several topics that will be discussed individually over the next two months and so on. I should have our complete schedule out to you all by Friday, but I'm not guaranteeing anything. Ok guys, make sure you have water and money if you are going shopping and meet me down in the lobby. If you want to stay here, lunch will be starting in about half an hour or so, and then there is some fun activities going on here. Alright, any questions... Ok you all are dismissed.” He said and everyone got up and left.
~~~
A few minutes later the girls came down the steps and into the small group waiting to go. Alexis had on light denim short shorts, tennis shoes, a pink spagetti strap and her long hair put up in a high pony. Alex had on denim capris, tennis shoes, and a green T-Shirt. Anne, wearing tennies as well wore longer denim shorts, and a white shirt her hair also pulled back in a low pony. Whitney was dressed like Alexis except in a silver tank top and her hair down. All three had some small pack and a bottle of water and wore their necklaces around their necks.
“Oh my gosh, I can't wait this is like the best trip ever!” Whit said excitedly.
“Yeah, I thought for sure it would be like all educational.” Alexis sighed looking through her pack and grabbing some of her gum offering it to the others.
“You know I swear when you die you will have a piece of gum in your mouth.” Alex laughed.
“Ha ha, I know right?” Alexis laughed also.
“Ok guys listen up! You guys are free to wander in groups of 4 I want you all to meet me here at 5 to check in. Ok guys have fun, there will be chaperones such as myself out there to help you.” He said over the students already shoving out. Alex, Anne, Whitney, and Alex were the last ones out.
“So where to go?” Alexis questioned.
“Everyone went that way, why don't we go to that strip over there?” Whit suggested pointing to a few shops.
“Ok (Yeah) [Sure]” Alex, Anne, and Alexis replied. They all walked off to the small booths and looked over the goods that they presented. The others swooned over some jewelry before seeing something they liked before going to a booth a little ways away. Alexis was stuck on the wonderful oils and products. She grazed over the items stopping on an interesting item. It was an ancient looking bottle. She picked it up and stared at it for awhile before uncapping it and sniffing the scent of the fluid in the small bottle. It was so familiar. Sweet, yet woodsy, very masculine. It was hard to describe, the only word she could think of was intoxicating. She stared at the bottle once again. `Where do I recognize this from?' She thought as her mind went around.
“Interesting scents we have…” A voice said causing her to jump and turn around. She sighed putting it down taking a deep breath.
“Oh you scared me. Yes, they are.” She smiled.
“Sorry about that. What are you doing out here?” Sesshomaru asked.
“Oh we got a free day today.” Alexis said happily.
“You know you shouldn't be alone out here…” He said looking around.
“I wasn't I was with…” Alexis turned to find the others gone. “…Well fine just ditch me then *sniff*!” She said faking hurt.
“You're not going to start crying now are you?” He asked worried. Alexis giggled and shook her head. She continued looking at the bottle for a little while deep in thought. “Perfume of the ancient royality.” He said breaking her from her trance. She looked at him confusedly. “The males of upper Egypt preferred this scent.” He repeated.
“Oh, that's… interesting.” She said still out of it.
“What is it?” Sesshomaru asked.
“Oh! It's nothing, I just thought I remembered seeing it somewhere before…” Alexis replied. Sesshomaru watched her as she stared intently at the bottle.
“There you are come on you have to see this necklace I found!” Whit squealed dragging her away.
“Wait…UGH! THANK YOU SESSHOMARU MAYBE SEE YOU AROUND!” She called back as she was being dragged away swiftly. Sesshomaru smiled and waved. “Gosh don't let me talk to a hot guy.” Alexis sighed. Whit stopped at a table with Alex and Anne already there and turned around.
“Oh my god you think he's hot too?” Whit asked.
“Duh! Who wouldn't? That white hair kinda makes me nervous though..” Alexis sighed.
“I like it!” Whit squealed.
“Ugh! You guys are so…”
“Hi there…” A man with medium-short black hair said leaning on the table next to Alex who looked stunned.
“Uhh… Hi…” Alex said cautiously.
“ROY YOU FLEABAG GET OVER HERE! WHO ARE YOU CALLING A MIDGET THAT JUMPED OUT OF THE MOVIE THE Wizzzzzard…” A shorter man with blonde hair pulled back in a pony (unbraided) yelled slowly stopping as he looked at Alex.
“Ed you really should calm down.” Roy sighed.
“Well look at you flirting with her so…gosh!” Ed said stomping his foot.
“Forgive me my lady…” Roy said kissing her hand. “We shall leave you alone now with the promise of meeting again.” Roy said releasing her hand and dragging Ed away ranting and raving. Alex stared in shock her hand still in the air. They all giggled. Alex snapped out and smiled.
“They were so hot… OMG! THEY HAD THOSE NAMES TOO!” She gasped.
“Well I guess we all get boyfriends now except Annie.” Alexis giggled.
“Shut up frosh!” Annie growled and Alexis stopped laughing to turn angry.
“What. Did. You. Just. Call. Me. ?” She bit.
“I called you Frosh! FROSH!” Annie repeated.
“UGH! I'LL KILL YOU ANNIE!” Alexis growled and chased after Anne.
“Hey wait!” Alex called running after them with Whit behind her. Alexis chased after Anne lightly, she didn't want to make either of them pass out or worse die from the heat. They were laughing so hard they didn't notice the group of guys in front of them talking or they might have stopped. One guy was able to move before the blow came. The two ran straight into the others and now laid on top of them.
“Oh my gosh, I am soooo sorr…” Alexis stopped looking at Inuyasha underneath her only his hair was the same as Sesshomaru.
“Ugh. What the hell was that f…. Oh, what do we have here?” A guy with long black hair tied in a pony resting under Anne asked smirking. Anne got up and brushed herself off.
“Sorry we were running cuz the dumb frosh cant keep the drama in check.” Annie said cockily.
“UGH YOU WANT ANOTHER CHASE ANNIE!?!” Alexis growled sitting up.
“OH Please I could beat your ass any day.” Anne smiled.
“YOU WANNA START SOMMIN!?!” Alexis said popping up allowing Inuyasha to get up. He watched the two exchanging words as he brushed himself off.
“You wanna go?” Anne asked.
“Yeah bring it.” Alexis answered.
“Lets go.”
“Bring it.”
“Lets go.”
“Bring it.”
“Lets go.”
“Br…”
“OK THAT'S ENOUGH YOU TWO ARE LOSERES!” Alex screamed.
“What?” Alexis asked getting tears in her eyes.
“I SAID YOU'RE A LOSER!” Alex replied angrily.
“You think I'm a loser?” Alexis asked sadly and started sniffing.
“Now look what you did you're making her cr...”
“Hello.” Sesshomaru said joining them along with Ed and Roy.
“Hi.”
“Hey.”
“Supp?”
“Not much, hey why don't we show the girls around, they will have plenty of time to shop, lets show them the Palace.” Roy suggested.
“I want to!” Alexis smiled.
“But we are going to go see it later…” Alex said.
“So? This way we don't have to worry about paying attention 1st time round and we can hear the story from natives!”
“Ok why not.” Anne agreed.
“Come on, well go get the camels” Inuyasha said taking her hand and leading her over to the back of the stores to a camels followed by the others. “We have 5 camels you guys will have to pair up.” Inuyasha called back. He reached over to one and patted its head. “Good girl Mia.”
“Mia's your camel?” Alexis asked dumbly.
“No she's just a large furry horse with a hump.” He chuckled.
“SHUT UP!” Alexis squealed. He clicked his tongue twice and the camel bent down. He picked Alexis up by her waist and set her on the camel before getting on behind her and taking the reins guiding him to their destination followed by Anne with Kouga, and Whitney with Sesshomaru.
“Thanks.” Alex said as Roy and Ed helped her up. She clicked her tongue like the others did and the camel went of Leaving Roy and Ed to ride on a camel together.
“I like your camel, Mia is it?” Alexis asked reaching down and petting the camel's body.
“Yep.” Inuyasha replied. Alexis leaned back up and watched their surroundings pass by them as the camel walked. They all walked along the bank of the Nile river for about 2 miles chatting and laughing until they came to a great castle like place. Inuyasha stopped the camel in front of the entrance of the place and jumped off then helped Alexis off. Everyone else followed as Sesshomaru took lead and led them in Whitney by his side. They walked up the stone steps toward the giant entrance. The top was about 20 feet high and two large pillars carved in what Alexis guessed was Amun. They were chipped and cracked but they still were holding this enormous building up. They go to the top and were stunned to find there were no fences or anything to block it.
“Why isn't it blocked off?” Alexis asked.
“This palace is said to be magical, it lets in only those that do not mean harm.” Inuyasha informed her. Alexis nodded and walked through the opening. With the others.
“Magical. Yeah ri *POW*” Alex and Anne fell back and the others turned back.
“I warned you.” Inuyasha said.
“Oww.” Alex whined sitting up and Alexis rushed over helping her as Whit helped Anne and took inside which they were able to now do.
“It really is magical!” Alex gasped.
“DOES THAT MEAN HARRY POTTER IS REAL!?!” Anne gasped in return.
“AND HOGWARTS TOO?” Alex gasped. The guys stopped inside and looked at them.
“Don't ask.” Whit sighed letting Anne go on her own.
“Just don't ask.” Alexis added letting Alex go.
“Well anywhere you guys wanna wander off too we will follow.” Ed suggested. Alexis looked around curiously then headed toward the stairs. Inuyasha followed.
Alex and her crew wandered around a little into a few rooms and Anne and Whitney went separate ways with their groupies following. Alexis walked up the stairs slowly letting her hand slightly skim along the rail. She felt an odd feeling as if something were drawing her somewhere. She walked to the top and looked form side to side. She chose to go down the right hall way. It was bright due to the amount of windows and the inside was remarkably well preserved. Few chips on the painted wall, furniture still stood, décor and pots all around, and tattered mats on a few of the windows. She looked into each room as she passed by until she found the last one in a corner and stepped in cautiously. It was well lit and mostly painted in an ivory white and faded gold. Old pillows covered in dust and dull sat in a pile in one of the corners, there was a stone shelf type thing on the side with a shredded cloth laying across it and a few trinkets and such. Mostly jewelry. She fingered the pieces carefully and looked over at a bottle. Flash backs came back to her from the other day as she carefully picked it up. She shook her head and set it down and turned around over to the window. She touched the mat and it fell scaring her a little. She looked out and saw a perfect view of the Nile and its lush surroundings. She looked down and fingered a slight crater in the old stone, it was light almost invisible almost like it was worn from someone sitting there constantly.
She looked around and fingered a set of characters carved in on the side of the window, though she didn't recognize them. She turned back around to see Inuyasha in the doorway.
“This room… Whose was it?” Alexis asked softly.
“Princess Sanura's” He replied stepping in.
She looked over to another corner and saw a deep black color that stained the floor in a large puddle like form. Her head started to get fuzzy as she grabbed it and looked around. The room was dark, lit by candle and sitting there by the window was the girl Alexis had seen. The picture was still fuzzy though no matter how she tried to focus. Her head hurt making her wince. When she opened her eyes she turned to find Inuyasha with two ears on his head. One had two gold rings pierced into it. He wore thick eye liner and a touch of gold over his eyes. A wide gold neckband of gold and white strung around his neck, covering most of the top of his chest. There was a gold band that swirled on both ends on the outer part of his arm along with a few gold strands in his hair. The last item of clothing on him was the cloth wrapped and tied around his wait. (ok you caught me. I have no clue what it is officially called). `Inuyasha?' She thought shakily. She felt something on her shoulder and turned quickly to find herself standing there. Dressed in A white robe that fit like a tube top at the top with a slit that ran down from her knee to the floor on one side. It was so long it drug about 6 inches behind her. There was gold around all the edges and even one across the middle. There were small cuffs around her upper arm and wrist that connected a sheer white fabric that sagged between each until finally attached to the back. There were beautiful gold earrings that dropped into small pearls, and on her neck she bore the amulet. The make up on her was much thicker around the eyes. She also had a nice shade of pink on her lips. Where her highlights were now was gold much like Inuyasha's, only a few were braided on. Finally was light gold crown she wore across her forehead. The girl smiled almost sadly looking at her duplicate who was now visibly shaking. A slicing was heard and Alexis followed her eyes to her stomach where a huge gash was. The flesh was torn making the muscle and light fat under it visible. Blood seemed to pour out of the wound staining her beautiful gown. Alexis gasped in horror and grabbed her own stomach stepping back to look back at her face. It was now white but still bore the sad smile as blood trickled out of the corner of her mouth. Alexis watched the girl fall to the ground as if it were in slow motion. The woman who was so like her, no WAS her. It was like watching yourself die, and it scared Alexis.
“No.” She whispered stepping back as tears streamed. “NO!” Alexis screamed louder as she fell back herself into the pure black abyss. Only one voice reached her there.
“Alexis!” Inuyasha's voice came to her distant.
 
 
 
 
A/n: OMG SHE ACTUALLY UPDATED! Ok guys a few things. 1. I didn't think anyone besides my friends was reading, which made me happy to know it wasn't true. 2. I was planning on quitting, yes its true. 3. I WILL NOT quit so I had to adjust this to my liking. 4. I had to speed up the process a little so one of the major things changed we are only going to be there for a month. As an apology here is a 2 chapter update. Oh and I don't own the anime…or Egypt...