Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ (no title yet) ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

__________________________________________________

Edward sighed. He tossed over onto his right, trying to get more compfortable, but nothing worked. It was this way every day, every night, ever since Al had gotten his body back.

He couldn't eat, he couldn't sleep, and as much as Ed had hoped he wouldn't, Al noticed this and began to worry. When Edward threw up, Al would try to help but Edward would just push him away, saying that he was fine and that it was nothing. Al knew other wise though. Something had happened when Edward brought Alphonse's body back and Ed wouldn't tell. This was something Ed would probably take to his grave, which, if he wasn't careful, may be sooner than they want.

Edward sat up, feeling nausiated, then raced from his queen sized bed, out the door and down the hall to the bathroom. Again and again he retched, throwing up the dinner he never had.

He simply sat and watched Al eat during dinner time. Al would always offer him something, but Edward would never take it. Al couldn't remember the last time he saw his brother eat. Hopefull Ed at least snacked on something every now and then.

But Al highly doubted that. His brother looked so weak now-a-days, and it was interferring with his job as a state alchemist. Roy had called a few times complaining about this. He called Al and said Edward needed to start eating more, even if it meant tying him down and shoving the food down his throat.

Al had actually considered this once.

A few times Roy had called to report to Al that Edward had lost conciousness. Once Ed had lost conciousness while climbing the stairs, luckily Liuetenant Jean Havoc was there to catch his fall. But even after that, Edward would refuse to go home and continued his work. Roy even offered to give him 2 weeks payed vacation to relax and recover, but Edward refused. Ed had a problem with sitting still, he always had to be up moving, even if he was sick.

Al knocked on the bathroom door."Brother, are you all right...?" His voice had deepened slightly, due to the fact that he was now 17 years old. His memories were blurry, but he was progressing little by little everyday.

"I'm fine, it's nothing..." Ed choked. Edward, on the other hand, was now physically an adult. Not a healthy one at the moment, but an adult. He had turned 18 a few weeks after Al had gotten his body back. Both of them were in the hospital at the time, so that's where his birthday was held. Alphonse would only talk to Edward, due to the fact that he didn't recognize any of the guests, which, most were co-workers from Edward's office and friends they had made during they're journey. Winry and Pinako had also come from Rezimbool to see the two boys, the first time they had seen them since they had returned to they're own bodys.

Well, Alphonse had anyway.

Edward still had his automail arm, but his leg was back to normal, which meant it was hard for him to walk. He wasn't used to having a real leg and it was getting to him.

"You're lying." Al groaned opening the door. Edward growled back at him for entering without for permission."Tomarrow, you're accepting the general's vacation offer and you're going back to the hospital."

Edward scoffed."Yeah right...Like I'd actually do that..."

"Roy is really worried about you, Edward."Al informed."He loves you, he doesn't like seeing you hurt...."

Edward sighed. Alphonse was right. Once Edward had turned 18, Roy had offered him a dinner date once he was out of the hospital. Edward had agreed, and after 3 more dates, they were offcially an item.

Even after 4 months, Winry still didn't know.

Edward knew that Winry was madly in love with him, but Edward also knew that he was madly in love with the General. Even though when Edward was younger you couldn't tell, but Edward had been in love with Roy since he was 15. But he knew Roy couldn't possibly have the same feelings for him, Roy was a serious ladies man.

Or so he thought.

Roy hadn't let it slip that he was bisexual until Edward had announced his being bisexual. Everyone knew it was a bit supicious that they would announce these bits of information around the same time, but it was even more strange that wouldn't actually get together for another 2 1/2 years. But then again, Edward was underaged at the time, so maybe Roy was just waiting for the right time.

"Brother, please..."Al stressed."I'm worried about you too...Please, you need to go..."

Edward flushed the toilet, then stood up and walked to the sink, washing up."I'll think about it..."

"Edward..." Al scorned.

Edward now sighed irrtably, glaring at his brother."Fine, I'll go, but I wont go quietly. Oh trust me, my young bother, you're going to get an earful."Edward gave a small grin at the end, causing Al to laugh.

"Good, that's all I wanted."

Edward wearily crawled back into bed, Al following and standing by the door."Get some sleep, I'll call Roy tomarrow morning to drop off the paperwork, then I'll call the doctors office for an appointment."

"Al, you don't have to do all that..."Edward said."I can help..."

"Oh please, it's only two phone calls..."

"Al, don't worry about it, I'm old enough to do these things on my own.."Edward laughed.

Al laughed nervously."Yeah...right..." He still wasnt used to Edward being a full adult. Not that he hadnt been used to his brother taking control of things; he just usually screwed things up.

"I'll call the doctor and the General, and besides, I'll be up before you anyway, I always am..." Edward said, closing his eyes.

"Only because you never sleep..."Al remarked. This caused Edward to open his eyes and sit up, noticing Al's irritably tone.

"I'm sorry..."Edward said nervously. He hated having Al mad at him, it always worried him.

Al noticed and apologized, Edward only shrugged it off, saying that it wasn't his fault and that he wasn't to blame, it was all Ed's fault and that he was idiot here. Al hated it when Edward put himself down, now-a-days that's all Edward ever did.

"Goodnight, and brother..."

Edward grunted, too tired for an actual verbal reply.

"Get some sleep..."

Edward only nodded before turning over and curling up, his stomach finally settling. His headache was gone. Maybe tonight he actually would get the sleep he desperately needed.

~^~

6 in the morning found Edward awake, tired, and full of pain. His whole body hurt, and getting out of bed wasn't an option at the moment. Reluctantly, he slowly swung his feet over the side of the bed, and, miscalculating just where he had been sleeping, fell straight off the side. He groaned, holding his head, then stood up and traveled to the bathroom.

Once done in there, he decided to dress himself and call his commanding officer. He slipped on a black button up shirt and his tight black jeans, then proceeded to the phone.

Was it too early to call him...? Surely Roy would be in the office by now, and if not him, then Riza definately was there.

He decided against it. He would just head down there himself to see if anyone was there. He walked quietly towards Al's room, making sure he wasnt awake.

Dead asleep.

Edward sighed in relief and went for the door, slipping on his boots. He was about to grab his car keys, then shook his head. He didn't want to pass out while driving, so just to be safe, he would walk.

He only got a few blocks before realizing how tired he really was. Work was only a few more blocks away, he could rest then. He would be fine, right?

The trip felt long. Walking it was maybe 15-20 minutes, while driving it took maybe 5-10 minutes. Ed was used to getting there in no time, now it was just torture.

Finally he was in front of the gate, using his key to unlock it and get inside. He worked for the Central branch of the military, due to the fact that most state alchemists work close to the Fuhrer. The courtyard was large, meaning that it was even more a walk. And he couldn't just cut through the lawn, he had to go around , which, obviously wasn't helping at all.

"Edward..?"

Edward looked around and found Jean smoking a cigarette.

"On a break already?" Ed asked sarcastically."Lazy bum.."

"Just enjoying the warm breeze, Lieutenant." Jean smiled. Edward approached.

"What happened to quitting smoking?"

"Oh please, chief, you actually think i could do that?" Jean laughed."Honestly I tried to stop smoking for your sake, but it didn't work. Sorry, guess I failed ya."

Edward laughed quietly."Anyway, do you know where Ro-"

"You shouldn't be out of bed, Fullmetal." Roy said approaching the two lieutenants."Go home, now."

"well, Roy-I mean General.."Ed said hesitantly."I came here to tak to you about-"

"That vacation offer?" Roy finished his sentence."Al already called this morning, wondering if you were anywhere near the offices, and look, I found you. The paperwork is in my office..."

Edward sighed."Then can we please go get it? Al will be mad at me for leaving the house without telling him, so I would prefer to hurry and get back."

"I will bring the paperwork down here to you, then once we're done I'm going to drive you home."
Roy explained.

"I'm fine..." Edward huffed.

"No you're not."

"Can we just go upstairs??" Edward asked hurriedly.

Roy pinched the bridge of his nose."Alright, c'mon..."

Edward waved goodbye to Jean then followed Roy. To a point, Edward regretting refusing Roy's offer to bring the paperwork down to him, but he didn't want to show that he was weak.Although, agreeing to the paperwork was showing him being weak. Edward sighed, becoming confused at his own thoughts.

Roy noticed a quick destressed look coming from Edward."Are you alright..?"

Edward nodded."Yeah...just a little confused..."

"About what..?" Roy stopped for a second and looked to Edward, who was a few steps below him.

Edward stared up at him."Nothing..."

Roy was hesitant, but let it go. Something was bothering Edward but obviously Edward wasn't going to tell. He was like that, always keeping secrets from people, no matter how important it was. Edward's always been the type to keep to himself, to distance himself from others.

Roy felt something tugging on his arm. When he looked back, Edward had his right hand on the rail and his left clinging to Roy's arm. He looked exhausted, like he wold pass out any minute.

Roy sighed and walked down to the step Edward was on, picking him up bridal style.

"Put me down..."Edward growled.

"You're tired.." Roy said."You shouldnt be climbing stairs. At least you were smart enough not to drive here."

Edward gave a low growl in the back of his throat."Why is your office on the 4th floor anyway? With a lazy bastard like you they shouldve given you one on the 1st floor..."

Roy rolled his eyes."Oh please, you know I have a great body, I am not lazy..."

"We've never been in bed before..so..." Edward trailed off. He was still a virgin, Roy decided to let Edward have his time on this one."....No, I've never seen your body."

Roy arrived at the 4th floor and took a right, leading to his office a few feet away.

"You can put me down..." Edward groaned.

"I like holding you this way."Roy rebuttled.

Edward blushed furiously. Roy finally put Edward down on his feet to unlock the office door and entered, leaving Edward to follow behind. Roy began to dig through the messy drawers of his desk. The sound of shuffling papers could be heard, along with the sound of...a glass bottle? A small one at that. Edward approached the desk, curious, but as soon as he was close enough, Roy quickly closed it.

"What's in there..?" Edward asked. Roy locked it before he could touch it.

"Nothing...just papers..."

"I thought I heard something like a little bottle..."Edward looked to Roy. "You're not drinking again, are you?"

Roy quickly shook his head."No, babe, I promise."

Babe...? Edward shook the thought away."Then what is it?"

Roy sighed in defeat and unlocked the drawer, pulling out a small glass bottle. Edward tilted his head. He couldnt read it, Al had always said Edward needed glasses.

"Lube." Roy stated flatly before throwing it back in the drawer."Before I started dating you I always had it in here...you know...just in case...I forgot to take it back home..."

Edward took the files from Roy."Anyway..."He started, changing the subject."Thank you for the papers, and the permission to leave...Al really appreciates it.."

"I'm doing it because I love you." Roy said kissing Edward's forehead."I don't like seeing you hurt like this...and you've scared me a few times, I'm really worried about you."

"I'd be suprised if you werent."Edward said sitting on the couch."If you were that much of an ass I wouldn't be with you."

Roy sat at his desk."I love you, Edward."

Edward smiled slightly, signing some papers."I love you too, Roy."

Roy returned the smile and sat back in his chair, waiting for Edward to get done with his side of the paperwork. Roy noted Edward's physical appearence. Black dress shirt and leather jeans; Was he trying to make Roy horny? Even if he was Roy wouldn't be able to have his way with Edward being so weak.

"Hey Edward..."

Edward tilted his head slightly to the side to see Roy, although, his hair wasn't tied up. It hung loose and in his eyes, making it hard for him to see."Yeah...?"

"When you get out of the hospital, I was wondering if maybe you would want to..."Roy grinned."You know..."

Edward blushed furiously."R-really...?"

Roy jolted, fearing that Edward was uspet."W-we dont have to if you dont want to..."

"No..it's not that..."Edward said standing up, handing Roy the papers."I just wasn't expecting that, thats all..."

Roy took the papers carefully."...So...?"

Edward smiled."I'll think about it while I'm hospitalized, babe."

Now Roy blushed. Edward had thrown that 'babe' from earlier right back at him. He liked it when Edward called him that.

"Let's go."Roy said standing up."I'll drop these off to the Fuhrer on our way to the car."

Edward nodded. Roy exited through the door, walked a few feet, then turned around, noticing that Edward wasnt following. Instead, he stood by the office door, looking as though he was waiting for something.

"...Yes?" Roy said, rasing an eyebrow.

Edward closed the door and took the folder from him."Carry me again."

"Oh?"

"Yes."

"Really?"

"Oh yah."

Roy smiled and picked Edward up piggy back."C'mon Edward, you're acting like a child."

"Am not" Edward huffed.

"Proved my point."

"Noob."

"Noob?"

"Nevermind."

Ro y rolled his eyes."You play too many video games..."

Edward hugged Roy close."I could always play with you if you want..." His tone was seductive, causing Roy to stop for a moment, checking to make sure that he wasn't hard.He was in the clear, so he began walking again. A few moments later he could feel the even breathing of Edward on the back of his neck. The warm air wafted against his skin, causing Roy to stop again.

"Ed, stop" Roy laughed.When Edward gave no reply, Roy became confused."Ed?" Again no answer. Roy set Edward down on the floor and looked at him.He was sleeping. One moment he's up and going then the next he's out like a light. Roy didnt get it, but maybe it had something to do with Edward being sick.

He picked him back up and went on his way to the Fuhrer's office. Once there, he set Edward down by one of the guards, then showed them paperwork, granting him permission to enter.

"I take it that Fullmetal finally accepted our offer?" Bradly said taking the paperwork from him. Roy nodded.

"His younger brother forced him to."He laughed."He's the older one, I cant believe Al has that kind of power over him-A sevenrteen year old against an eighteen year old man."

Bradly laughed back."Yes, strange indeed. Where is Fullmetal?"

"Well.."Roy started."Out in the hall, he had fallen asleep soon after finishing the paperwork."

"Fallen asleep or passed out?" Bradly asked raising an eyebrow.

Roy sighed."Probably passed out."

Bradly nodded. "I want him to go to the hospital right away, he shouldnt be up. Make sure his younger brother prepares some things for him to have at the hospital and pick them up after dropping Elric off.Take Alphonse with you if he desires."

Roy nodded, saluted, then walked out, but was stopped by Bradly just before touching the doorknob.

"And General?"

"Yes sir?"

"Make sure nothing happens to him, he's vital to us." Bradly ened his sentence with a smile. Roy nodded again before leaving.

He picked Edward back up bridal style then headed out towards the car. In the courtyard, he was stopped by Riza.

"Oh no, what is he doing here?" She asked, worried."What happened? Did he pass out again? Is he sick?" She sounded a bit frantic. She hald always been a mother figure to the two boys that now that Edward was sick she wanted to mother him like she was his real mother. Gracia had that problem as well. It seemed that while him and Al were traveling, they've gained multiple mother-like figures. Gracia, Riza and Izumi are like foster mothers to them.

"He's fine, he came here to pick up some paperwork and fell asleep." Roy replied calmly."I'm on my way to the hospital right now, will you please call Alphonse and make sure that he packs some things for Edward's stay? Bring him over there if he wishes as well."

Riza nodded and saluted, then got in her car and left. Roy carefully put Edward in the backseat of his car and strapped him in, careful not to wake him up. Once done with that task, he got in the drivers seat and continued on his way to the hospital.