Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ 20 Views of Alchemy ❯ Flame ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do NOT own Fullmetal Alchemist or any of the characters for that matter. I am just merely...er, borrowing them as my muses at the moment. Do not sue me for anything but my imagination, which will not get you far in the courtroom. If there are any similarities between my story and another, I apologize but all I have to say is, I guess great minds think alike after all. Ja na! Enjoy!
 
Author: Tiasha
Title: Flame
Word Count: 490
 
 
It had always been fascinating. The light it would give off, creating shadows that would leap and dance across the walls and ceiling of a room. The searing heat it would produce that was almost blistering in its intensity. The hypnotic way it would dance. It had always fascinated her. Perhaps that was why she had been so drawn to it.
She had always been captivated by the flame, so much so that she had constantly burned herself when she had been younger. Her childish wants and desires to be a part of the flame had always urged her into trying to touch it. But she was always burned. She had never been able to understand why she would always be burned by something so remarkable and beautiful. It had been damn near impossible to understand as a child and had hardly gotten easier to understand as she grew older. To cope with the fact that she would never be able to be a part of the flame, she had turned to firearms, something that was equally captivating to her.
But she had never lost that desire or need to dance with fire. Despite her beliefs that she had, soon after meeting a young alchemist at the recruit barracks, she realized that she indeed still harbored such desires. He was amazing to her. He was attractive and quick, aloof and calculative, honest and caring. He was the flame in her mind. She could see his soul despite his efforts to close off from those around him, and his soul was like a flame. Bright and drawing others to him. Dangerous and yet offering warmth and safety.
Ironically, the man would gain his rank as a National State Alchemist and become her commanding officer. She held no qualms with that really. He was someone she wanted to support, both militaristically and emotionally.
For years she had subtly hinted that she would gladly maintain the role of his subordinate, looking after him and supporting him, pushing him to the top. Much like his best friend had. Eventually, he realized her wishes and swore that he would have her transferred with him when he was reassigned to a new headquarters. She had continually supported him, even when he went after the Fuhrer himself and nearly died.
She had supported him and loved him, albeit secretly loved him. And she could rarely tell him `no' when it really mattered, not that he ever knew. He hardly ever asked such matters of her, so she had never worried herself over whether he would find out about her feelings or not. She was with the flame, and for the longest time, that was all that had mattered to her. Not being with him was what had worried her the most.
Riza Hawkeye was with the Flame and always would be… And she held no fears about the Flame. She knew Roy Mustang would never burn her…