Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ 20 Views of Alchemy ❯ Disguise ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do NOT own Fullmetal Alchemist or any of the characters for that matter. I am just merely...er, borrowing them as my muses at the moment. Do not sue me for anything but my imagination, which will not get you far in the courtroom. If there are any similarities between my story and another, I apologize but all I have to say is, I guess great minds think alike after all. Ja na! Enjoy!
 
20 Views of Alchemy
Author: Tiasha
Title: Disguise
Word Count: 339
 
Her sister had been the world to her. She had been beautiful, smart and well-liked, so much so that the younger sister felt shadowed by her at times. It was not until she had lost her elder sibling did Claude realize how much the young woman had meant to her. They had always had the usual sibling fights and exchange of words but never had things gotten out of hand between them.
The night that her sister had died, Claude had been sorting through her elder siblings clothes, trying on blouses and skirts in her own little form of “dress-up.” She had pretended that she was someone else going off to a festival or some such fantasies that little girls often dream of. It was not until later that evening when all the clothes had been folded neatly and put back in their place that those articles of cloth were all that Claude had left of her dearest sister.
Her anger had possessed her with a passion and her thirst for revenge had been looked over because of her sex and age. She had already known that none of the adults would take her seriously for when had they ever? No, she knew that she needed to bully town's boys into helping her and the only way to do that was to act like them. And so she had sold her good dresses for a few pairs of trousers and a hat.
Her anger made her gruff enough to pass as a boy, as was evidenced by the alchemist brothers who passed by and helped her avenge her sister. She had been angered at first that it had been someone else who had avenged her beloved sibling, but came to accept it as the blessing it was. Her disguise had been successful and her meeting with the brothers had been a blessing in disguise as well; she was able to shed her boyish clothes and the grief of the past to embrace herself, the future and the joyous memories of her sister.