Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ 20 Views of Alchemy ❯ Coffee ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do NOT own Fullmetal Alchemist or any of the characters for that matter. I am just merely...er, borrowing them as my muses at the moment. Do not sue me for anything but my imagination, which will not get you far in the courtroom. If there are any similarities between my story and another, I apologize but all I have to say is, I guess great minds think alike after all. Ja na! Enjoy!
 
20 Views of Alchemy
Author: Tiasha
Title: Coffee
Word Count: 347
 
It was the stereotypical drink of the military. A dark brown, sometimes black liquid that was harsh and bitter in taste and loaded with an ungodly amount of caffeine; and it was always readily available wherever she went on the base. It was the liquid that flowed through the military's veins and sustained its workforce with a jolt of alertness when needed. But she could never become accustomed to it.
No matter how much cream, sugar or vanilla she added to it, she could never get used to coffee. She was the type of person who preferred tea or hot chocolate over coffee. The simple pleasures of life compared to the monotony of the military's famed liquid brown, or at least that was how it appeared in her mind. No, coffee was something she would never be accustomed to.
`Much like those brothers,' she mused to herself as she stared into the caramel colored liquid confined in her sturdy mug. She could remember the thought that had first run through her mind when she had seen the two Elric brothers for the first time.
“They're so young, younger than me! And yet, they outrank me…”
Their age had shocked her but what had perhaps shocked her even more was how Edward Elric acted. He was always concerned about keeping others out of the loop, protecting everyone that he could…as if he were the adult and they were the children. He had seemed to forget that he was a child compared to them, and he always seemed to be too mature for his age…
No, she reasoned that she would never get used to the ways of the Elric brothers. She would never be accustomed to how mature they attempted to be despite their age; much like her and coffee, never being accustomed to the taste but squelching her displeasure and putting up with it in silence.
With a sigh, Lieutenant Ross took a sip of her heavily creamed coffee, waiting for that delicious jolt of caffeine to hit her before checking in and receiving her daily assignments.