Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ A Forgotten Heart ❯ A train with many questions ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 3

Before I begin... I DO NOT OWN FULL METAL ALCHEMIST IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM, SAME WITH THE CHARACTERS AND THE PLOT... now that I have that out of my system....

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*

Anara held her breath as she waited for Colonel Mustang to say his answer, finally he looked up from his notes, he looked to Anara then to Edward, “well I’ve decided- the phone rang, a little agitated he answered it. Turning around he spoke to whoever was on the phone, precisely 5 minutes later he hung up the phone and looked at Anara and Edward once more, well that was king Bradley on the phone and he said you two did such a great job he's going to let the both of you keep you license... Anara's heart skipped a beat, but I still want to punish the both of you, so you both will be traveling together and working together since you both are researching the same thing... both Anara and Edward looked shocked.

SHE'S RESEARCHING THE PHILOSOPHERS STONE? ? ? ? ?

HE'S RESEARCHING THE PHILOSOPHERS STONE? ? ? ? ?

Mustang gritted his teeth, yes you both are researching the same thing, yes you will be working with each other, no this is not a choice, you leave tomorrow NOW GET OUT OF MY OFFICE both Edward and Anara flinched and stood up running out of his office.

As they stepped out and closed the door quietly, Anara groaned, God Dammit, of all the people I could work with why'd it have to be you? she glared at Edward as he shrugged, well in any case I guess it cant be helped, meet me at the train station at 11 hundred hours with everything packed and don’t even think I'm paying for your ticket she then stalked upstairs and Edward watched her as she went, her black hair that was tied up practically looked blue the way it was hitting the light, he could see how well her body was shaped from the way she moved and when her trench coat would tighten up every time she took a step. She was extremely strong and confident, though he wouldn’t admit it to anyone but himself she was exact person he’d look for if he needed a partner.

A voice intruded his thoughts, “you lucky bastard...” Edward looked behind him to see Havoc, Brosh and at least 4 other male military officers. Edward looked at them confused, “all of us have asked Anara out, she turned us all down and now you get to be partners with her As I said, you lucky bastard ”

Edward jumped and began to get defensive, “WHAT? I rather eat dung than be HER partner.... She’s annoying, bossy and just weird, I don’t know what you see in her....” He then jumped up and ran up the stairs. Making it into his room he saw Alphonse sitting talking to Alena, “what’s she doing in here?” Alena smiled and got up she nodded at Alphonse and stepped out of the room. “What was that all about”
Alphonse shook his head, “so what happened? Did you loose your license?:” Edward sighed, sat down and shook his head, Alphonse spoke again, “well then what happened? Did Anara loose hers?” Again Edward shook his head, “WELL?”

After several minutes Edward finally spoke, “ Neither of us got our license takin away, but we do have a new travel partner. That dick Mustang partnered me up with that chick Anara so she’s gonna be traveling with us and looking for the philosophers’s stone So we cant act anything out of the ordinary ” Alphonse nodded and they both lay down to sleep.

“So Anara what happened? I was talking with Al and Edward walks in all gloomy did he loose his license?” Anara shook her head, “ Wait does that mean you lost yours?” again Anara shook her head, “so what happened then?”

Anara laid down, “We’re in for a long year Alena, we didn’t loose our license but Mustang is making me partnered up with the runt” Anara closed her eyes and Alena smiled, after a while Alena lay down to and the both fell asleep shortly.

The next day Anara and Alena both were sitting at the train station 1 minute till 11:00am Edward and Alphonse came running, Edward out of breath, Anara looked to her watch, “wow you actually made it. Im surprised.” She put her watch away and boarded the train, right as all of them sat down the train began to move Edward glared and placed his hands over his head and quickly fell asleep.

Alphonse smiled, “jeez brother.. You really need to think about going to bed earlier...” He looked over at Alena and smiled and looked then, at Anara and saw her with a sad look, “Hey Anara are you ok?”

Anara looked away and sighed, “Alphonse? Can I ask you something a little personal?” Alphonse looked at Alena curiously but nodded soon after wards, “H-how-“ Anara hesitated, “how did you and your brother get the way you are? I mean Edward with a metal arm and leg and you with no body but that suit of armor...” Alena’s eyes widened and she turned to look at Alphonse.

“Alphonse began to talk but Edward butted in making everyone jump thinking he was asleep, “We’ll tell you a different time, this isn’t the place or time...” he rolled over and looked straight ahead, “plus you know as much about us as we know about you!”

Shaking her head Anara soon fell back to sleep as well. Both Alphonse and Alena smiled as they watched their partners sleep, Alena smiled, “their both so stubborn, just like kids..” Alphonse laughed a little bit and stared out of the train into the sky, “Alphonse? Can you sleep in that body?”

He shook his head and looked at Alena, “No... I cant sleep or eat, drink or cry. The only thing that makes me feel human still is the fact I still have my memories and I still have my emotions. That’s why me and my brother are searching for the philosophers stone... so we can get our original bodies back...” He trained off and Alena looked away and began to think.
*So their reasons arn’t much different then Anaras... wonder what she’ll do once she knows their reasons...* Alena drifted from her sleep and pulled out a deck of playing cards, “so you wanna play?” Alphonse smiled and they began to play cards until they finally reached their destination and the train began to slow down, Alena reached over and woke Anara and Alphonse did the same with Edward. All 4 of them stepped outside and Edward grinned.

“Hasn’t changed much has it Alphonse?” Alphonse shook his head, “well lets go tell granny....”

A booming voice came over an intercom, “Welcome to Resembool station”

“Why are we in Resembool?”

Again Edward grinned...