Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ A Forgotten Heart ❯ The fight between Alchemists ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 2

I DO NOT OWN FULL METAL ALCHEMIST IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM, SAME WITH THE CHARACTERS AND THE PLOT... now that I have that out of my system....
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*

Anara and Edward continued to glare at each other as Alphonse and Alena introduced themselves to each other. No more than 5 minutes later Alena Anara, Edward and Alphonse were walking together down the street, “Well we cant check into the military hotel rooms for another couple hours, what should we do?” Alphonse asked, both Edward and Anara spoke at the same time,

“I don’t care as long as I don’t have to do it with him!!!”

“I don’t care as long as I don’t have to do it with her!!!” Alphonse and Alena laughed as Edward and Anara continued to glare.

“Well to bad because we’re going to hang out together wether you like it or not..” Alena said while laughing, Edward and Anara looked away but their faces softened. Giggling Alena began to push Alphonse away, “C’mon I want to show you something...” reluctantly Alphonse went with Alena stranding Anara and Edward together.

Once again Anara pulled her arms and placed them on top of her head, she heard Edward talk in a gentle voice, “so what made you want to become a State Alchemist?”

A little surprised by Edward question Anara looked up, “to recover something I lost”

Edward turned sharply, “what did you loose?”

Smiling Anara stood quiet for a few seconds, “My memory... I lost it when I was about 7, I cant remember a thing since before then. All I remember is blue light and fire, a lot of fire. After I got away from the fire outside was nothing but green for miles and when I finally got to town, no one recognized me, so I lived alone, taking care of myself and learning alchemy. I starved most of the time because I’d spend most of my money to get books.... so I guess that’s why I joined the military, in hopes of finding my lost memory....” Anara trailed off and they stood in silence for a few minutes then she spoke again, “what about you Mr. Almighty? Why’d you join?”

Slowly Edward turned, “well I guess part of the same reason as you, to find something that I lost...” he smiled as he said that and before he could go on Alena and Alphonse came back.

“The military hotel is open we should hurry up...” Alena grabbed Anara’s hand and began to drag her off. “So what did you two talk about?”

Anara smiled, “oh just why each of us joined the military...”
Alena pouted, “oh damn it, and I was hoping it was something juicy...”

Laughing out loud Anara spoke as the walked into their room, “what did you expect?” Alena shrugged as they laid down to go to sleep.

NEXT DAY the day of the examination

“Ok you two ready?” Anara and Edward both nodded, “the only reason why this fight is happening is because there has been talk about who would win, since you both joined at a young age, this will be counted as your yearly test, the one who wins keeps their alchemy license the one who fails gets it taken away simple as that. Now King Bradley is out there so please make it interesting!” Mustang finished speaking and walked off.

Edward and Anara nodded at each other as the intercom came on revealing Mustang’s voice, “LADIES AND GENTLEMEN! I’M HAPPY TO INTRODUCE, THE DRAGON ALCHEMIST AND THE FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST!!!” both Ed and Anara walked out slowly and faced each other in opposite corners, Mustang’s voice rang out once more, “GO!”

To start with all the two did was stare at each other, finally after many long minutes Edward clapped his hands together produce a blinding blue light and before Anara could react he had a spear up to her neck. The crowd looked confused and many thought it was over, Anara smirked and disappeared, she re-appeared 10 feet behind Edward and she, to clapped her hands and produced a crimson light and she held a Katana in her hands. Quickly Anara jumped attacking Edward, she swung upwards and he dodged just in time, she kept pushing him back until she finally knocked the spear out of his hands, he to smirked and quickly made a shield/sword from his arm, Anara stood confused until he attacked catching her off guard, he was now pushing her back. Both of them tired and worn out from the battle already they began to run sending dust into the air blocking the fight from the crowd. 10 minutes later the dust cleared to show Edward having his arm sword to Anara’s neck and Anara having her katana to his neck, the intercom spoke again, “AND IT’S A DRAW!!” Before anyone could talk to the alchemists about the battle Anara and Edward were both up in Colonel Mustang’s office, “so you both got into a draw, I don’t know who to fail now.... so I get to pick who....” Mustang smirked and sat back in his chair, “now who will it be to loose their license?”