Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ A Girls's Life ❯ Leaving Home ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Winry rushed into the bathroom, hand clamped over her mouth. The toilet's lid went up, and her breakfast and lunch went in. She moaned, and laid a gentle hand on her stomach, before leaning over and retching again. She stopped awhile later and sat up, wiping her mouth.
 
Standing up shakily, Winry flushed the toilet and rinsed her mouth out.
 
She looked sadly at the ground as she walked. She knew the cause of her sickness, and wondered how long she could keep it from her grandmother.
 
“Are you alright, Winry?” Roze asked, seeing the downtrodden girl.
 
“Yes, I'm fine, I was just thinking I'd go visit Ms. Hawkeye.”
 
Roze looked at her, worry shining in her eyes, before Sammy, demanding attention, clapped his chubby hand against her cheek. She smiled affectionately at him, before tickling him.
 
Winry smiled, before walking over to Granny Pinako.
 
“Um, Granny, I was wondering if I could go visit Ms. Hawkeye for awhile?” Winry asked, worried her grandmother would ask questions.
 
But she only nodded, not looking up from the automail she was preparing for her new customer.
 
“Thank you!” She said, and ran to go pack.
 
hhhhhhhhhhhh
 
 
“I'll see you guys soon!” Winry said with a smile to Sheshika, Granny, Roze, and Sammy.
 
Sammy looked at her, eyes sad and opened and closed his hand a few times in a silent wave.
 
“Bye, Sammy,” The blond said, taking his small hand in hers.
 
“Bye?” He questioned.
 
The train started moving, and Winry leaned out the window to wave goodbye.
 
Once her friends were out of sight, she sat back down in her seat, and sigh, and laid a hand on her stomach.
 
`I hope I don't get sick,' She thought, leaning back and drifting to sleep with the sun.
 
End Prologue