Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Bewitched ❯ Homecoming II ( Chapter 10 )

[ A - All Readers ]
"So you've been in an inter-dimensional world for the past two weeks learning how to make potions and how to use magic. Then, about an hour ago, you used magic to tie up that busty sectary." Roy looked at his lieutenant, a very serious expression on his face.
"That's right sir." Riza stood in front of her superiors' desk, hands at her sides. She had the same serious expression she always had when she was being lectured or when she was making sure the Colonel was doing his work. "But, with all due respect, I had no intentions of binding her...or showing off the powers I have to you all."
"So you also had no intentions of telling us where you've been all this time? You were going to just lie to us?"
"If that's what it took, then yes."
Roy and Riza had a small stare down. Roy seemed upset by all this but then Roy sighed. "Now that we know, will you at least explain what you've been doing all this time?"
"I will have to talk to Katherina about all of this but I don't see why not."
"Good, thank you."

The two left Roy's office and went into the main office where everyone else sat around waiting for the two. While they waited, MacKenzie had decided to tell the men about her world and the wonders in it.
"How long has it been since you've been back to your world MacKenzie?" Fury asked.
Closing her eyes, Mac thought. "Well...the war I was telling you all about was in the 1860's or so...it's been just over 70 years." she smiled.
“That’s a long time.” Fury smiled.

. . .

"Wait a second..." Falman started to count on his fingers. "...You'd have to be at least 90 years old!"
Everyone but Katherina stared at the young blonde.
"How is that possible?"
"Time moves very slowly in the In Between and extremely slow in Terra Caeca. Now, in MacKenzie's world, they are even more advanced than you guys!" Katherina laughed. "It has been predicted that this world will not reach that kind of technology for another 200 or so years!"
"You don't have to laugh about it." The soldiers said in a dragged voice.
"Anyway, I have one question though."
"What is it sweetheart?"
"Why are you teaching my lieutenant and this young lady here magic? I don't mean to pry or anything but I would like to know."
"Ah, smart men read too far into things." she sighed. "There is something I wish for them to do...Rapbit, you can come in now."
Everyone had a puzzled look on their face and the office door opened and the big snake from the book store slithered in.
"What is that snake doing in my office!?" Roy flipped out and jumped on top of the desk. "Get it out now!!"
"Sir, please calm down! This snake is not venomous!" Riza quickly went to the desk Roy was standing on. "Just relax okay? It won't kill you."
"Are you sure? It looks serious?" Roy was putting on his gloves.
"I promise you sir, it will not kill you. So just come down and we'll make sure you stay far away from him, okay?”
Roy stared at the snake for a bit longer then hopped down from the desk. “If it attacks me I will kill it.”
“That is very rude of you; Rapbit would never hurt anyone unless provoked!”
“Just keep it away from me.” Roy sat in a chair, trying to calm down.
“Anyway, Rapbit is really my twin brother and his name is really Ivan. He was a prince and I am currently the Queen of Terra Caeca. I’ve called upon Riza’s and MacKenzie’s help because I need to change my brother back so we can fix Terra Caeca.”
“But how did he end up like that in the first place? Did you piss off your old master or something?” asked MacKenzie.
“It’s something like that…my brother and I used to live in kingdom of Terra Caeca. It was a wonderful place. Everyone was happy and friendly, especially so when I and my brother were born. Sadly, during that time it was during a horrible plague. It ravaged the land and killed hundreds and thousands and death was everywhere. Four years after our birth, the disease came to us and my brother and I got very sick. Just when we were on our death bed, a new kind of shaman came to us and claimed that he could heal us and everyone else who was sick, all he wanted in return was 10,000 coins and some of his land. My father agreed to it quickly, not wanting to waste any more time. After he gave us the cure, the shaman asked for his payment but our father and the council denied him his right to his payment. In retaliation, the shaman used his magic and placed a curse on my brother, turning him into the snake he is today. Before he fled, he had placed a curse on the land…it has been decaying ever since then, slowly dying ever since.” she sighed softly. “My brother and I are the only ones who have the power to restore our kingdom and in order to do that, I need these two bring my brother back.”
“Why didn’t you tell us you needed us to do this before?” Riza asked while giving Roy a massage. “I would have tried harder and concerted more.”
“I know dear but when you use magic, you’re supposed to have emotion and feeling while you use it. Having you off guard was a good thing.”
“I have feeling and emotion, right?” Riza squeezed the Colonel’s shoulders harder than needed and gave and uneasy stare to her co-workers.
Katherina laughed. “This world is much more fun than I thought it was!”
Ivan hissed and coiled around his sisters arm in a lovingly fashion.
-
“So you think you’ve escaped me and my plans, Prince and Princess of Terra Caeca? Just be ready because I am and I’ll make sure you never get your wish! Ahaha!”
---
Adding in a new person