Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Bewitched ❯ Morning After ( Chapter 11 )

[ A - All Readers ]
“Dating?” Riza asked. She was sitting on the couch reading a book on how to make potions that Katherina herself had made just for the two blonde women.
“Yeah,” MacKenzie sat next to her. “You’ve been studying a lot lately and you deserve some time off.” she smiled. “As a matter of fact, you should go out tonight!”
“Who would I get to go out on a date with me this late at night without a few days of notification?” Riza closed her book and stretched.
It wasn’t that Riza didn’t like to date; it’s just that she would never be able to find someone willing to date and when she did they were far too interested in something other than her like her job, Roy, or the higher ups. She would also get dates who would want sex right after dinner. She does not believe in sex on a first date, let alone with a guy she just meet. Either way, there was never a second date.
“Um…what about that blond guy, the one who works with you, I think his name was Jean or something.”
“I don’t think he’ll want to go on a date with me…besides, our relationship is just a working one, not personal.”
“But that doesn’t mean it can’t be personal!” MacKenzie reached over and grabbed the phone. “How the hell do you work this thing?” she stared at the dial, try to figure out how to work odd doohickey.
Riza only chuckled and got up. “And even if you figure out how it works and call him, he’s going to say no, he’s not interested in me that way.” she walked off to the bathroom to take a shower. ’If he does say yes, I guess I should be ready…’ she smiled to herself.
~
Roy was at his desk working when his phone rang. He looked up and stared at it. ‘Who could be calling this late…?’ he slowly picked up the phone. “Hello?”
“Hello Mr. Mustang! It’s me~, MacKenzie!” the girl on the other end giggled.
“Oh, hello, Miss. MacKenzie…why are you calling this late?” Roy went back to work.
“I wanted to know if your second lieutenant is still there. I’m trying to get him and Riza out on a date tonight.”
“He’s here but I don’t think you’ll be able to get them on a date but good luck anyway.” Roy patched Havoc through then hung up.
“Second lieutenant Havoc speaking.” Havoc stated.
“Hello~ do you want to go on a date tonight?”
“Um no offence but you’re too young…err too old.”
“Not me you Yankee! I’m talking about you and Riza!” the woman huffed. “Geez.”
“With the lieutenant?”
“Yep! You’ll pick her up in 20 minutes, bye!” she hung up.
“What the?”
~
Riza and Jean sat in the restaurant poking their food and glancing at one another like two school kids who are afraid to confess their feelings for each other. This had been going on for almost 30 minutes and they were both on the verge of just getting up and leaving and never talking about this night again.
’I knew this date would be a bad idea!’ Jean shouted to himself mentally. ‘I should’ve just said no before she could hang up! Now she’ll hate me forever for wasting her time!’ he looked across at the quiet blonde who had just averted her eyes back to her plate just before he looked back at her plate. ‘I have to fix this before she gets up and leaves.’
‘…I wonder if he’ll do something other than make those silly faces.’ Riza thought as she watched the man across from her. ‘…’ she giggled quietly which caught Havoc’s attention.
“Is something wrong?”
“No…it’s just that you keep making amusing faces…it makes me smile to know that I’m not the only one who is uneasy right now.” she smiled kindly towards the man.
“O-Oh.” he blushes and smiled as well. “I’m sorry this date hasn’t been going so well.” he frowned slightly at how much he thought he screwed up.
“It’s okay. I’m not used to dating but it has been nice to get out of the office. I’m pretty sure they’re all tired of me being there.”
“I actually look forward to seeing you every day.” Havoc gave his best charming smile.
Riza, not used to this sort of flattery, blushed intensely and looked at her plate once again. “T-Thank you.” ‘Stop acting like a child! All he did was say a really, really sweet thing! It’s not like he kissed you or anything!’
“Riza, would you like to go somewhere else?”
“Ah, yes. I’d like that.” she smiled again.
~
After a bit of driving around and conversing, the two love birds had decided to sit in Central Park.
“It’s so lovely, this late at night.” Riza spoke first while they sat on a bench under a big oak tree.
“Yeah…you can see the stars well but even better out in the country.”
“I will have to go out there one day and see them one day.”
The two grew quite after that staring at the star filled night sky.
A cool breeze waved over them, sending chills down Riza’s spin. She rubbed her arms fast, trying to get warm. “I wish I bought my sweater…”
Havoc put his jacket around her shoulders. “I know it smells like smoke but it’s better than nothing, right?” he smiled.
Riza pulled the males’ jacket around her, taking in its scent. ‘Peppermint and cinnamon…’ “It’s perfect, thank you Jean.”
Her date scooted closer to her and put his arm around her shoulder, pulling them that much closer. It was a gutsy move and any other day Riza would have scolded him greatly for that but tonight was different. Everything about this night was different. She herself was different and it was a special night for them. A night that would last forever.
Riza rested her head on his shoulder, sighing softly. At this moment, she felt safe with this man, safer than with any other man in her life. She couldn’t explain it, not even to herself at why she had this feeling. She got close enough to feel the heat from his body on to hers.
She moved he head down to his chest and listened to his heart beat. ‘It’s calm…unlike mine, ha-ha. Mine is racing so fast that it almost hurts.’ she closed her eyes and smiled. ‘So this is what it feels like to be in love…?’ “Jean, would you like to hear a story?”
“If it’s told by you then yes.” he placed his head on top of hers.
She chuckled. “Well, when I was a little girl, my father once asked me what I think dreams are made of. I told him that I didn’t even understand what a dream really was and so he told me he thinks dreams are made of the longings and desires that humans think about while they are awake. They are what gives us fuel every day so we can try and get closer to what we truly want out of life…and now that I think about it, I think he’s right.” she looked up at him, staring into his blue eyes. “I really do believe that if we try hard enough, we can get what we truly want.”
“I think he’s right as well.” the man started back into her amber eyes. “I also believe that my dreams have come true tonight.”
“I think mine have come true as well…” she closed her eyes and felt warm lips on hers and soon after she felt a tongue move around in her mouth.
Sitting up, she wrapped her arms around his neck. Titling her head, she opened her mouth wider, moving her tongue in his mouth. ‘Peppermints and cinnamon…’ she moaned softly at the taste.
After a few minutes, the two pulled back and stared in each other eyes, panting softly.
“Can we continue this back at your place?”
He pecked her on the lips. “Yes.” he gave a small smile.
They let go of each other and stood. Riza put her arms through the sleeves and smiled up at him. “Thank you Jean, for everything.” she stood on her tip toes and kissed his cheek. “This night has been wonderful.”
~
As the two head back to the barracks, an evil force lurks below Ametris; brewing its damning plot to take over the state and control everything and everyone. This force will once again rule and take back what was once his, all those years ago.