Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Chidarake Amadare ❯ Better Days ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Gwg: Something I just wanted to point out to Asa-chan and Lucrecia LeVrai, first of all, Blue is NOT the long lost sibling of Edward and Alphonse. Secondly, she is not the main character of this story, Ed and Al happen to be.
 
Chidarake Amadare
Chapter One
Better Days
 
Hohenheim had been a very loving husband, but his study of alchemy had taken up most of his time. When he was away from his home he desperately missed his wife, Trisha Elric, who had meant the world to him. Yet on one of his departures he'd made a mistake that he knew he couldn't fix. Hohenheim had tried hard to ignore it, but in the end he knew she wouldn't go away and neither would his problem. So when his eldest son was about three years old he brought her home, explaining everything to Trisha.
 
It was then that their relationship started to faulter. The young girl had loved both Edward and Alphonse even though they were too young to really remember eachother. Not long afterwards Hohenheim had left, taking his young daughter with him and away from his family. He'd promised to return, saying that he loved all three of them and he was only going to take her back, but his promise held itself to be false. She could still remember amber eyes of a young boy who was always smiling. Gentle eyes of one even younger than the first who was caring and kind. But most of all, she remembered the dark eyes of her father when he'd left her to the State.
 
Edward: Age 15 Alphonse: Age 14 Blue: Age 16
 
"WHAT?!" The elder Elric brother exclaimed, not even trying to hide his surprise or lower his voice. It seemed that Alphonse was stunned just like his elder brother, having no recollection of them ever having a sister. The smirk on Roy's face faultered as he watched Edward's reaction. Through it all, Blue kept her silence as she continued to stand by Roy. By now she had acknowledged both of the brothers without a word, only a look.
 
"I know who they are, Taisa, but they have nothing to do with me and I have nothing to do with them, understood?"
 
Blue stated before she started to leave, only to see that the ever annoying Hughes was blocking her way out. "Maes Hughes, move before I make you."
 
The Leiutenant Colonel only smiled without saying a word and not moving an inch. Damn Roy and his subordinates... she thought to herself as she tried to find the best way to walk around Hughes. After a few more minutes of trying she could see that she wasn't going to get out of this room.
 
"What do you want?" She asked, turning to look back at Roy with an evil glare. The Colonel only smirked in return as he sat back down at his desk.
 
"You remember when Fullmetal became an alchemist, don't you?"
 
"Of course, he joined when he was twelve...and I joined last year," she replied, wondering what the hell this had anything to do with the situation. Blue could tell by the look in the Colonel's eyes that he had something up his sleeve, another reason she would get Hawkeye to chew him out later.
 
"They are searching for the Philosopher's Stone."
 
"Almost everyone knows that, Taisa."
 
Now she was getting extremely pissed at Roy Mustang. What was he getting at? She knew both of the brothers well enough from things Hawkeye and Havoc had gossiped about. Yet now that she thought about it, it didn't seem like Hawkeye to gossip. Damn her... she thought, now realizing this had been something that the Colonel had been planing for quite some time.
 
"They're heading to Mache tomorrow, and I think it would be best if you accompanied them. Anyways, I believe your mother would be more than happy to see you, Elemental." The Colonel stated with a smug look. By now Blue knew she couldn't oppose him, not in the long run at least, and it really had been a long time she had seen her mother.
 
"Why did you bring her here, Hohenheim?" A younger Roy asked, watching the elder man in front of him with a sharp gaze. Sitting beside Hohenheim was a young girl who was no more than six years old. She had dark emerald eyes and long dirty blonde hair that was in a braid that reached the middle of her back. So far she had been silent, looking between himself and Hohenheim sometimes.
 
"I can't take care of her on my own, and her mother is incapable as well," he replied, looking Roy in the eye. The younger man was suspicious as soon as he heard the words. I thought he had a family...a wife and two boys if I'm not mistaken...he thought to himself, remembering Trisha Elric and the two boys, Edward and Alphonse Elric. He hadn't seen the two boys for himself, but from what the people in Central were saying, they did exist.
 
"She is not my responsibility."
 
"I know that, Mustang. It will only be until I get back from this trip, and then I'll take her back with me." Reluctantly Roy agreed to watch her until Hohenheim returned, but if he had known how long the elder man would stay gone he might not have taken on the task.
 
Roy was brought out of his musings by Blue's voice, inwardly flinching at her tone. "Fine, whatever. It is up to Fullmetal if he wishes me to accompany him and Alphonse. If not then I shall continue with my own mission."
 
He just nodded, and waited to see what the two brothers would say next.
 
Gwg: And another cliffhanger...hm...I wonder if Edward will allow her to accompany them. Anyways, there is a reason for Blue's long name. Rhapsody is the last name of her mother, where as Elric comes from Hohenheim. Alena is her mother's first name, and Blue was picked up as a nickname, but she kept it. So, I hope to get more reviews, ja ne.