Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Dreaming of a Rainy Day ❯ Chatper 4: Death and the Demon Puppy Spot ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Sorceress-hello hello here’s the chapter I promised

Ed-What up with you

Sorceress-MY GOD DAMN STUPID COMPUTER DELETED THIS CHAPTER AND NOW I HAVE TO DO IT BY MEMORY!

Riza- Ohhh tough break

Sorceress-And (sob) and it was my (sob) best chapter

Ed-Lets get on with it before she blows her nose

Chapter 4: Death and Reiko

Hughes sneaks up to the door, silently as a cat, Ed follows reluctantly looking around the room cautiously, Hughes pokes his head inside for a moment, then out when he sees the Fuher standing there looking out the window, he grins broadly back at his companion “Look, see I told you this was it.”

“Great, now lets go.” he says pulling on his sleeve, but to no avail, he didn’t budge.

“Hello Fuher,” A seductive voice says coming in.

He turns around sharply and throws a murderous glare at her “Lust,” but stops short when he sees someone sneaking in beside her “and if it isn’t Envy.” he says sarcastically as Envy chuckles manically at him, walking up to him at leisurely stride.

She smirks at him, running a slim hand over his shoulder, eyeing him hungrily “I heard you were in town.” she whispers.

Envy chuckles going over to the only door in the room, Hughes and Ed were pulling his head back from, slowly but still watching tentatively. ”Yeah” he says sarcastically.

Wrath smirks “I’m always here,” he says looking over at Envy suspiciously, but Lust captures his chin and turns his head back to her rather roughly “But I could say the same about you.” he says eyeing her.

She smirks and leans into him slowly, but stops an inch from his ear and whispers “No, I’ve just heard you’ve been sloppy about some things and we take care of people who are sloppy.” she says, pushing him roughly back into her pet (Not sure what his name is, mind giving me a little help? but I will refer it as ‘Lust’s pet’ he‘s the fat little bold dude, Gluttony wasn’t it?) that had snuck up from behind him as he grins and ravages a big chunk out of the Fuher’s back in a cry of agony.

Envy smirks and throws the door open, pinning Edward against the ground with a sword through his human shoulder so it would hurt “And so are you two.” he says laughing manically, Hughes throws his daggers at him, but finds out to late that they were reverted and being struck by them instead as he falls with a sickening thud.

He turns back to Edward, but Ed takes his full advantage of when he was turned away and knocks him back with his auto-mail arm, smashing it to smithereens, and kicking him in the stomach, he rushes to get to Hughes, trying to stand he manages it, but maybe too quickly as he starts to lean against the wall for support as the room begins to spin, when he moves forward.

He didn’t have a chance dodging the other sword that pierced his side throwing him down, then when it pierced his ribcage “Did you think you could get ride of me that easily Full Metal?” He asks sinisterly as Ed can barely bite back a scream, but he manages to glare defiantly at him, not willing to submit to him, that didn’t please Envy at all, so he pierced his already bleeding skin harder and harder, until he did scream a very pain filled scream that managed to alert the Cavalry, Envy quickly put a cloth over his nose and mouth to knock him.

“It ends here, Full Metal Alchemist.” Envy says chuckles manically, he pulls the sword out of his ribcage and positions it to make the final blow, but barely misses as Lust hits him, he looks up to her confusedly as she glares at him murderously “Sloth wants him alive.” was the only warning he got as he found himself on the floor bleeding slightly, he jumps back even more when a bullet imbeds itself in his chest.

---------------------------------------

--The Cavalry--

When Roy and his troops arrived, what they saw was a start of a nightmare beyond their wildest dreams, where there was a dead, half eaten Fuher before the desk, a stabbed Hughes in a bloodied heap in the corner, where they entered, and Edward a bloodied mess on the floor with Envy getting ready for the final strike. Riza gasps covering her mouth in shock at the gruesome sight before her, while Roy looks to his fallen comrades and glares murderously at Lust, Envy, and her pet.

“It ends here, Full Metal Alchemist.” Envy says chuckles manically, he pulls the sword out of his ribcage and positions it to make the final blow, but barely misses as Lust hits him, he looks up to her confusedly as she glares at him murderously “Sloth wants him alive.” was the only warning he got as he found himself on the floor bleeding slightly and jumps back when a bullet tries to imbed it self in his chest.

Lust smirks as she stalks toward Edward smirking to her self and was about to reach him, when abruptly a bullet imbed itself into her side, she jumps back and turns a glare in their direction, when she realizes who it is she smirks “I guess I will get him some other time.”

Roy grits his teeth in frustration as he snaps his fingers, setting the room ablaze as they get away, jumping out the window into the falling rain into safety, Roy looks towards them worriedly, grabbing Hughes and hauling him roughly to the window “Hurry Havoc, get Full Metal,” he pauses long enough to see Havoc run over there.

He looks out the window where Envy and Lust jumped out (It was the Second floor) and notices the large bush, it didn’t look to comfortable to land in, but it was something, he jumps out of the window, shielding Hughes from the fall, and lands roughly.

He hurriedly climbs out of the way and sets Hughes down out of the falling rain as the others follow quickly behind him, he checks for a pulse there was an alarmingly weak one, but still a pulse, all of his daggers standing out dangerously close to his heart, he turns to Riza “Hurry go call the fire department and the Hospital.” she nods and quickly follows orders.

He quickly goes to check on Edward, he had a pulse but not as weak as Hughes, he was currently as pale as snow, brimming a fever, and taking shallow and forceful breaths as Havoc slowly picks him up and brings him behind a large tree out of the rain, covering him with his coat trying to staunch the blood.

When he hears a sever coughing, he runs over next to Hughes, supporting his head as he looks down at his fallen friend “I’m not going to make it am I?” he asks between coughs, slitting his eyes open.

“Of coarse you are Maes.” he says sadly “You‘ll get fixed up and be in the office by Monday.” he says trying to smile at him.

Hughes laughs slightly and shakes his head pitifully “Ed’s right, you are delusional.” all Roy could do is look down at him and try to reassure him that everything was going to be alright “How is Ed any way?”

Roy looks up slightly to the battered form of Ed “Ed’s alright he has a punctured lung, blood lose, and a fever, but he‘ll make it.”

Hughes nods “I sometimes wonder if Ed will out live us all.” he says laughing slightly, Roy nods silently not meeting his friends eyes “Tell Ed I’m sorry,” Roy looks at him confusedly for a moment before he continues “for not listening to him, and tell him to look after Alicia she has grown quite attached to him.” he says as his voice grows weaker.

Roy nods, hanging his head to cover his eyes as a lone tear falls down his cheek, Hughes smiles “Watch over Gracia for me and take pictures of them, you were the bestest friend that I could ever ask for and I wouldn’t trust anyone else with this job.” he says softly.

Roy nods as Roy whispers to him, grasping his hand tightly “And you were mine.” he nods weakly as his last breath escapes him, into the crisp night air, moments from salvation, but he knew even if he did hang on he was going to die anyway.

Roy stares at the cooling body for a few minutes, until he stands up, his head still bowed as he hears the ambulance and fire truck in the distance. Riza comes running up to him, but stops shortly as she sees Hughes’ body “Sir?” she asks softly but receives no answer, she nods her head and goes to check on Edward, respecting his wishes, to be alone.

Roy stays there for a few minutes more before he finally looks up to the crying sky, taking comfort that he wasn’t the only one who lost a dear friend and family member and that they were mourning just as he was.

---------------------------------------

--Central Hospital--

He was hearing different kinds of voices, from all around him some were female, some were male, some were shouting, some were whispering, and others were in hysterics, but he just couldn’t open his eyes ‘Where am I?’ was his last thought before he escaped back into the world of unconsciousness .

The next time he woke up, all was quiet, except for a beeping sound that was a heart monitor, as he forced he eyes open to see a white blurry room. He opens his eyes fully until they become clear and no one was in the room, but a man in a chair beside his bed holding his head in his hands.

Ed blinks at him and whispers as audible as he could “Colonel Mustang?”

He jumps startled by the voice and nods sadly not meeting his eyes, “It’s about time Full Metal your brother was in near hysterics.”

Ed scowls at him and asks Bluntly “What happened?” he knew something bad was going to happen, he just knew it.

He looks at him directly in the eye and turns his head sighing sadly “Hughes died, and so did the Fuher,” he says letting him soak up the information, Ed looks down sadly blinking back tears before Roy continued “He told me to tell you he was sorry for not listening to you and to look after Alicia for him, I hear she has grown quite attached to you.” he says trying to lighten the mood.

Ed nods lightly, they stay in silence for a few more minutes until Ed breaks it “When’s the funeral?” he asks.

Roy looks out the window “I think it’s a week from yesterday.” Ed nods but stays quiet “Ed, I need someone to help me break the news to his family.”

Ed looks at him and nods, his unspoken question “When do I get out of here then?” and then suddenly he notices something that shouldn’t be there “Since when did I get my arm back?” he asks confusedly as Roy laughs lightly and shakes his head thinking ‘Full Metal you can break the mood in any situation can‘t you?’.

The doctor comes in silently, after hearing the last part of their conversation, he looks at him and smiles “You got it back when we made you one a new one a few days ago you were a lucky one,” he says examining his bandaged torso “you almost died and for when you can get out of here you can go when ever you please as long as you take it easy for a few weeks.”

He nods his head and smiles, Roy stops him and asks for a moment alone, the doctor nods and leaves “Ed you need to be careful for the next month, they will be evaluating everyone since they found out the Fuher wasn’t human, so you should call Al and make sure he stays away.” Ed nods grunting to get up and is helped by Roy.

He murmurs a thank you as he looks back to him curiously “How do you know this stuff?”

Roy smirks back at him, not his usual smirk but a smirk non the less “Since Riza was convicted for not telling her true age and she knows Alchemy.” he laughs lightly, at Ed’s bewildered look he was giving him, and headed out so Ed can change.

---------------------------------------

--Hughes’ house--

Roy fixes his shirt, Ed roles his eyes and rings the bell, Gracia opens it quickly and looks at them confused “I’m sorry but my husband isn’t here.” she says with a warm smile, when she notices Edward “Edward is that you?” she asks as he nods sullenly, she smiles brightly “My how’ve you grown.” she laughs slightly as Ed begins to twitch a little.

“Do you mind if we come in?”

She blinks, moving aside opening the door fully “Of coarse not, make yourself right at home.”

They go in and sit down, waiting for Gracia to come back with tea, she comes back and sits down silently handing them to her guests, Roy sighs as the inevitable arrives “Gracia, I’m afraid to say your husband has died in action.” she gasps, Ed grabs her hand while she begins to break down and all he can do is let her use his shoulder to cry on no matter how uncomfortable he was.

“That can’t be, that just can’t be.“ she says clinging to Ed tightly as Ed lets her while Roy looks on sullenly “How will I break this to Alicia?” she says between sobs.

Roy smiles at her reassuringly “Let Ed, I heard she was quite attached to him and it would give you a break”

She looks up to him hopefully as he nods, she cries even harder, but lets go of him and holds onto Roy “She’s down the street.” she barely gets out clearly as she breaks down again into sobs as Roy rocks her back and forth like he would do a child.

He nods and leaves silently to go and look for Alicia, he walks a while until he sees Alicia go into the Animal Shelter happily with a older woman that was Gracia‘s friend, he smiles at her retreating form, and follows in after her stepping into the barking he looks over and around the woman turns around and smiles gently “May I help you?”

Alicia turns and smiles brightly jumping into his arms “Nii-san!” Ed barely catches her before the both fall down and crash.

The woman smiles “I see you two know each other.”

“Hi Alicia, it’s been awhile hasn’t it?” he asks hugging her back, smiling slightly at her enthusiasm.

She looks up at him taking his hand “Nii-san you should see the puppy.” she says excitedly pulling him to the back.

“Alicia I need to tell you something.” He looks over to the lady confusedly, she just laughs and watches her drag him to the back.

“You can tell me later.” She says coming to a stop in front of a open cage, he looks down confusedly and sees a little black puppy but a spot of white on it’s ear and eye tilting it’s head to the side “It’s cute,” she turns back to him and smiles happily “It reminds me of you of Daddy,” she suddenly turns to him “do you think I could keep her.” she asks excitedly.

He smiles sadly at her “I tell you what I’ll talk to your mom about it.” he say picking the puppy up as it yipes to be petted. She eagerly grabs it and hugs it to.

She smiles a smile lovely enough to match her mothers “Thank you Nii-san, I’ll take real good care of it.”

--To Be Continued--

Sorceress-Good thing I have a good memory or I would have been screwed

Ed-Right I’m sure

Riza-You know I maybe going out on a limb here but when has Roy ever been emotional

Sorceress-Ah shut it 3 reviews or I don’t update until I do.

Riza-Isn’t this a long chapter?

Sorceress-It is but I want to hurry and get to the plot next chapter well sort of Riza loses her job next chapter but Roy, Feury, Ed, and Havoc help her out

Al-There is also going to be a little of the past at the beginning of the chapter but it gets back to the present.

Ed-She won't tell you how I told Alicia that her Dad died either so improvise