Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Dreaming of a Rainy Day ❯ Chapter 10: Midnight Chat ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Sorceress-Hello Hello I’m on some medication and I seem to be very random and a little bit of pain I thought it was supposed to take away the pain kind sad though at least I don’t have a concusion or anything

Riza-Enough with the pity party did you finally talk Ed out of his room or are we going to have a short chapter again?

Sorceress-Oh don’t worry he should be here any minute

Ed-Unfortunately

Sorceress-Speak of the Devil

Riza-I think she’s on crack if you get my drift

Sorceress- *Bam* Oops did I do that

Ed-She scarier then before no more medication for you

Sorceress-Oh don’t worry I should be off it in ten days sad part is I can’t even pronounce it

Al-Hi I’m in this chapter thank god I was kind of getting tired of spending my time with Winry

Sorceress-Liar you have a total crush on her

Al *Blush* no I don’t

Riza-And for all of you who don’t know how I got my name I got it because I can manipulate shadows and turn them into solid objects as well as my necklace in which I string a shadow through it and make it a Shadow Chain make sense?

Roy-Probably not

Ed-Anyway enjoy the chapter

(Note: I’m not sure if I want to have a little story going in which the find a stone and then Ed dies or do you guys want to have a sequel or do you just want me to continue from where Ed dies cause I’m already starting on some of that)

Chapter 10: Midnight Chat

The train had just arrived everyone was getting on and off in record time, not many people were going to Rizenbul so it looked like he was going to have a whole car to himself ‘I rather wish I didn’t have to ride the train all the way home by myself coming here was different I was half asleep’ he thinks for a moment and then smirks ’Not to mention pissed off’ he sighs in defeat.

“Last Call For Rizenbul.” an announcer says over the intercom he sighs again, grabbing his luggage and boarding the train as it begins to go though he looks out once more ‘Did I just hear someone call my name?’ he asks himself scanning the crowed.

Riza comes into view and grabs the rail with her own luggage as Hayate jumps onto the steps as well “Is your offer to go on vacation still up?” she asks shyly.

Ed smirks pulling her in “If you still want to go, Shadow Chain.” she smiles and nods walking to their seats and setting their things down, Ed sits across from her as she does from him.

“Sorry I’m late I just got done with getting my name,” she stops and thinks “that reminds me how did you know my name? Do I appear to have a stalker?” she asks slyly.

Ed laughs slightly and shakes his head “No I gave the report remember I should know the name they give you, besides it was only obvious,” he takes the necklace in his hands and looks at her shyly “I’m glad my gift could help you out.”

Riza shakes her head “If you and Clara didn’t come with me I don’t think I would have been able to do that alone,” she stops and thinks about his first mission “like you did with Barry the Chopper.”

He looks at her uneasily “Yeah, I suppose so.” he mumbles to himself as he turns his head to the window.

She looks at him confusedly “How did Clara ever get involved with the military?” she asks changing the subject quickly realizing it’s a painful subject for him.

He shakes his head in exaggeration “Even I’m not completely sure how that happened.”

She chuckles “She is quite a character.”

He nods and smirks “All I know is from the moment I caught her she has been on the run from the military, I never gave out her name so she could always change into her usual outfit as Clara, we met up a couple times and became good friends,” he quiets his voice “even though Al doesn’t know this.”

She raises an eyebrow “Al doesn’t know?”

He smirks “He is afraid to trust women ever since the little escapade with her in Aquroya.”

“Oh the poor guy.” she says sympathetically, snickering trying to hold in the rest “But you told me he was with Winry for the moment.”

He stifles a laugh “He trusts Winry, I think he has a thing for her.”

She laughs a little too leaning in with a whispering tone “And you FullMetal do you have a thing for anyone.”

He blushes looking down “Lets just say it’s a new development.”

“Do I know the lucky lady?” she asks a little disappointedly.

He leans in as well “That would be telling wouldn’t it?” he asks smirking.

She sighs, shaking her head in exaggeration sitting back into her chair as Ed laughs a little “Let’s get back to Clara.”

“What more is there to say? She got caught again but by a Colonel sometime ago and he agreed to swipe the slate clean if she signed up for the military, she agreed now she just buys the jewels.” Riza laughs heartily as he shakes his head “You still hear about Psiren the thief striking they don’t have evidence but it’s her she just swipes them when they don’t have a reasonable price or they refuse to sell.”

“You have some interesting friends.” she says looking at the country pass by.

He shakes his head “You have no idea.” She laughs.

--------------------------------------------

--Rizenbul (Evening)--

They have finally arrived at Rizenbul, Riza looks around at the small town area and it‘s remote regions as they all wave to Ed in a friendly greeting for a welcome back “So this is Rizenbul.” she says looking around as they begin to walk to Aunti Pinako’s Auto-mail shop.

He chuckles “Yeah very rural isn’t it?” he asks sarcastically.

She snorts “I’ll say.”

Ed shakes his head and looks down the road to a little dog watching the cows “Hayate seems to like it.”

She shakes her head “He just doesn’t get out of the city much.”

“And you do?” he asks skeptically, she smiles at him sheepishly as the Auto-mail shop comes into sight with Pinako smoking her pipe and Den racing towards them barking as Hayate does the same “It’s good to see you too Den.” Ed says patting the dog on the head.

“So your finally back after a month or so ya bean?” Pinako asks taking the pipe from her mouth finally noticing Riza’s presence “Who’s your friend?”

He grins sheepishly “Auntie Pinako meet Riza Hawkeye, my new partner I believe?” he directs the question to her.

She smiles at him and nods and turns back to Pinako extending her hand in greeting “It’s a pleasure to meet you.”

She nods taking the hand “It’s a pleasure as well.”

“So where’s Al and Winry?” Ed asks devilishly smirking.

Pinako laughs “Out by the pound, they probably won’t be back in a while so go and make yourself at home,” Ed laughs and shakes his head as he walks in as well as Riza but Pinako stops her at the minute “Ed may look like a hothead and he maybe a genius but he has a soft spot for Alphonse remember that.” She lets go of her arm as Riza nods in understanding.

She walks up the stairs and to the open door with Ed setting down his luggage he shakes his head as he looks out the window “I think I might just go insane if I stay here two weeks.”

She laughs as he turns around sharply blushing at being caught “We could always travel to Aquroya.”

He shrugs and picks up her luggage as Hayate follows behind, Ed takes her to the next room and sets it down “I guess so I think Al likes the small town life,” He opens the window to let air in “me on the other hand would probably die at the thought of having a life here.”

Riza puts a hand on her hip as she shakes her head, when suddenly the door bursts open with an animated suit of armor rambling his helmet off and Winry next to him smiling happily “Nii-san I thought you would never come back and...” he stops mid sentence as he notices the unexpected company “First Lieutenant Hawkeye what are you doing here?”

She giggles slightly as Ed just looks at him strangely “I’m going to be joining you and Ed on your missions.”

“Huh?” he asks sweat dropping as he looks at her in expectant to continue

Winry looks at her in horror “You?!” she exclaims.

She giggles nervously at her outburst and nods “I was assigned by Mustang and Ed asked if I wanted to go on vacation and get his brother I agreed.”

Ed laughs nervously as he pushes Al and Winry out of the room “We’ll talk about this later.” he gives her a sheepish grin before going out as well, she just shakes her head.

----------------------------------------------------

--Midnight Rizenbul--

Riza sighs in frustration as she walks over to the window and looks out at the starry sky in wonderment ‘Wow, we certainly don’t get this view from the city’ she sets her head in her hand as she continues to star gaze.

She looks down as a light shines through the bottom steps ‘Who would be up this time of night?’ she asks herself continuing to look down at the light before getting up and going down the stairs. She checked Ed and Al’s room first they were both still sleeping soundly.

Riza quickly descends from the stairs down through the living room where the light was coming from to see none other then Winry who she hasn’t seen since that whole bedroom conversation thing that evening before dinner in which Winry never came down.

Winry looks up from her Auto-mail that she was finishing the last touches to “Are you sure Mustang assigned you to him?” she asks skeptically going back to screwing in a screw on an arm.

Riza comes over and sits next to Winry as she watches her work and stay quiet for a moment longer before answering “No I chose to stay as Ed’s partner.”

She nods sadly still not looking up “The only reason I’m asking is I don’t want to see him hurt.”

“You like him more then a friend as well don’t you?” Riza asks looking down at her hands in her lap.

Winry stops what she was doing and sighs wistfully looking into space at something only she could see “Yes I do.” she shakes her head “but I don’t have a chance.”

Riza chuckles lightly “Not many people do with the FullMetal Alchemist,” she sighs “neither do I it’s hard to compete with the women I’ve met that he’s known.”

“He knows other women?“ Winry asks looking up interested.

Riza smirks “Have you ever heard of Psiren?” Winry groans pitifully in defeat as she continues to screw, Riza giggles slightly “I’ll take that as a yes, she‘s quite the character.”

“If his mother hadn’t died and if hadn’t of thought of bringing back his mother he would of grew up in this small town life still carefree and innocent.” Winry mumbles to herself but audible enough that Riza hears “He probably would of married me and grew old.”

Riza glares slightly at the last part “But from what I’ve seen of him he would of came out of Rizenbul anyway I know from experience that he doesn’t like to stay in place.”

Winry sighs once more in defeat “Maybe your right who knows we probably will never find out now though.”

Riza nods and looks down “Can I help you with that?”

Winry looks up at her surprised and nods thankfully noticing the sincerity behind her gaze “Sure.” and that was the start of a sweet friendship probably future sister but that would be telling.

--To Be Continued--

Sorceress-Told you I would have a long chapter and if you give me at least six reviews I will continue having long chapters at the same pace as well so don’t worry about time.

Riza-I think everyone would like that Anahid but did you have to have that scary scene with me and Winry

Sorceress-I know it’s just she’s jealous that her Ed will be taken away from her which she will and next chapter I’ll have a cute library scene

Ed-Are the rabid fan girls gone

Sorceress-I think so just stay out of sight

Ed-thank god

Riza-for all you wondering Ed and I will get broken apart by the stone but don’t worry We meet each other again in time

Sorceress-YOUR NOT SUPPOSED TO SPOIL THE FUTURE CHAPTERS!

Riza-Oops

Roy-I think she’s getting you back for shooting at her

Maria-Thank you captain obvious

Ed-Rabid Fan Girls!

Havoc-Don’t get bit I think they might have rabies

Maria-Never knew he could run that fast

Roy-Hey where’s the Muse?

Riza-I think we should go hide

Maria-The last time we couldn’t find her she had a chain saw

Sorceress-See ya next time, Hey where did everyone go?