Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Ed's a Stinker! ❯ Chappie One ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Here is chappie one. My other story.... "Two Things We Have In Common" .........well I'm writing it as fast as I can think of ideas. Sorry. I like this one better. This is purely Roy and Riza. If I make mistakes, please don't flame me. It hurts my feelings. makes me sad.....tear tear anyway enjoy......

QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ

Chapt er One
The snow was falling softly. It had drizzled a little earlier that day, but now it was iced over. Everyone poked their heads out of their cubicles like prairie dogs to see the blonde teen stomp from the office. He was indeed angry. They shrugged it off. It was only Ed; he always gets angry about something the Colonel did to him, like assigning paper work. Ed was carrying a lot of papers. He was mumbling to himself about how he wasn't short and that Mustang was a retard or something like that. On days like this, the others stayed their distance from this raving shorty. Ed's brother would sometimes be there to calm him, but now a days, he wasn't.
Hughes rushed up to Ed, "hey look! New pictures!"
"Oh wow," Ed said boredly without stopping.
Hughes sighed, "how come nobody wants to see?"
"Maybe because they're all the same!" Havoc yelled from across the room.
Luetinent Hawkeye stepped out of the office, "what is this racket I hear?"
Hughes pointed at Havoc. Havoc laughed nervously, "sorry."
She arched an eyebrow, "Ed, you're not working yet?"
He gripped the papers and grinted his teeth. He started down the hall, "I'm on it!"
Mustang walked out of his office and passed Haweye. She looked at him confused and followed. He stopped and looked at her. "Luetinent"
She nodded, "yes, Sir?"
"You can stay here," he said.
"Where are you off to?" Havoc asked.
"The next town is getting snow at ten inches. They need me to come clear some of it out."
"Allow me to come," she suggested, "what if it rains again?"
He sighed, "I told you, Luetinent, I can handle it without you." She finally let it go and nodded. He faintly smiled, "finish up that paper work will you?"
She nodded, "yes."
They watched as he left. Havoc watched him leave the building completely from the window. He smiled, "he's gone!"
They all cheered and took off their uniform coats. They all got comfortable, and Luetinent Hawkeye crossed her arms, "stop!" But they didn't listen. "You guys are acting like children!" She finally went into the office and sighed. "Why? Why did he leave me here with these immature men?"

The next day it was raining, but Hawkeye didn't worry.....too much. She mentally kicked herself. It was going to be a long day. She walked down the hall and to the office. Everyone was lazily lying around and lacking at their work. She stopped at the door, "if you all don't start on your work, I'll have to report each one of you!" They sighed and pulled their chairs up to their desks.
"I'm making coffee," Havoc said, "I'll bring you some later."
She nodded and entered the office. She shut the door and looked around. It was empty without him working at his desk. She sat her purse down and flipped through some papers. She went over to his desk and paused as she saw a drawer half opened, "what?" She saw a picture inside. She opened the drawer and gasped, "it was a picture of her." It was a snap shot. She thought in her mind about where he could've gotten this. "Now I know," she thought. "Hughes took this of me when he was checking his camera, but why does Roy have it." She lightly smacked herself in the head. She just called him by his first name. Gee, she was off track this morning.
"He asked for it," Hughes said entering the room.
She looked up and saw the coffee in his hands. "Don't you ever knock?"
He smiled, "he wanted that picture of you."
She decided that it was no use trying to hid it. "Why?" He shrugged and left as he shut the door behind him. She looked at the picture again. It wasn't a very good one of her. If he really wanted a picture of her, couldn't he just ask for it from her? She had a few to get rid of. Although, it would be a little embarrassing and akward to ask for his Luetinent's picture. Why did he have it? Why would he want it? It couldn't be just to look at. She didn't think of herself as beautiful. Besides that, he could see her all he wants. She's always with him at work.
The phone rang and interupted her thoughts. She quickly picked it up, "Luetinent Hawkeye speaking. How may I help you?"
"It's me, Luetinent," Mustang said over the line.
She blushed at the thought of her picture in his desk, "morning, Sir. How my I help you?"
"Well," he started in a sigh, "I'm not going to leave here soon. If I'm lucky, I may come back in a few days. So, is everyone goofing off?"
"Sorry to say it's true."
"I'll get them when I come back. What about you? How are you coming along?"
"Just peachy-keen, Sir."
"Good," he said. "I hope the rain isn't worrying you."
Again he read her like a book. She smiled, "not too much, Sir. I do advise you to stay indoors or keep the rain off of you."
"Thanks, I think I'll manage." He thought for a minute, "I was about to tell you another thing, but I forgot it."
"Don't worry, Sir. It'll come back to you," she said.
He chuckled lightly, "I have to go. I'll call back later."
"Yes sir," she said as he hung up first.

The rest of the day was loud and boring. The guys enjoyed themselves though. Riza went home right after the hour hand reached the five. Usually she'd stay if Roy had more work to do, but she got home early. Black Hayate met her at the door and yelped happily. She smiled and fed the happy pup. She laid down on her bed and realized that it wasn't raining anymore. "Hopefully tomorrow will be better at work. I need peace and quiet."

Actally work was pretty much the same as yesterday. Riza gave up on working like the rest of them. She laid her her on her desk and looked around. Roy still hadn't come back. It was on day two. She missed the quiet office they both shared everyday. She was snapped out of her trance by the phone ringing. She picked it up, "Luetinent Hawkeye speaking. How may I help you?"
"Yo, is Mustang there?" Edward asked.
She sighed. Just what she needed. "I'm afraid not. He's off on business. He won't be back in a few days."
Ed paused and thought, "he's not there. Wait.....hold on........I'm getting something.......uh........yes! hee hee........my brain just hatched an idea."
"Full Metal? Are you there?"
He smiled, "of course. Oh yeah I knew where he was. I remember now......about that thing he mentioned."
"Huh?"
"Yeah, about his big move on y-...........whoops I said too much."
"Spit it out!" she said harshly.
"Well, it was supposed to be a surprise, but I think I should tell you. If I don't you'll die from a stroke."
"What is it?"
"You didn't hear it from me, but he said that when he gets back, he's gonna ask you to marry him."
Riza hung up the phone. She couldn't believe what she just heard. It couldn't be true. Could it? But...it all added up. The picture, the way he talked to her on the phone, he is always trying to get her to wear a mini skirt, and she does catch him watching her work. Marriage......that's a powerful word. Is she ready for this? Does he love her that much? She had to sit down.
Havoc was dosing off when he heard a thump. He rushed into the office and saw Riza on the floor unconsious. He lifted her up and fanned her face. Her eyes fluttered open to see him. "You okay?" he asked.
"Yeah," she said as her head spun. She had fainted from the excitment. She looked Havoc, "has Roy mentioned anything about me to you?"
He gasped, "did you listen to yourself? You just called him Roy."
"Have you heard him say anything about me?"
"Um, no," he finally answered. He felt of her head, "are you sick, Luetinent?"
"I know you know!" she got up.
"About what?!"
"About him proposing to me!!!" she yelled.
Everyone outside dropped anything in their grasp and stared in awe. They were deathly speechless. Havoc felt like fainting, "......Luetinent are you ill?"
"No I am not. The Full Metal said that he was going to propose to me!"
Havoc thought a minute, "well he does tend to gaze at the back of your head....."


Converting /tmp/php1On5td to /dev/stdout