Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Five Days of Royai ❯ Getting Dressed Up ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Last installment of what we've all been waiting for!
Guide: “…” is spoken word
`…' is thought
Disclaimer: I'm currently reorganizing my room, if I find the rights to FMA there, I'll tell you.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Title: Getting Dressed Up
“Come on Mustang.” Roy said to himself as he paced his bedroom well after 0200 hours. “Get a grip. She's just Hawkeye.”
`Just Hawkeye!?' The man's mind yelled. `Yeah and you just randomly developed insomnia that has nothing to do with dreams and thoughts of a certain blonde sharp shooter.'
“Exactly!” Roy answered smugly.
`Wow, you are the definition of denial. You're also the definition of pathetic.'
“I'm not pathetic!!”
`First of all, you're arguing with yourself. (Roy frowned after realizing that.) Second, you refused to recognize Riza for so long that she probably won't give you the time of day. And finally the third. Now that you know you love her, you won't even try!'
“Whoa, whoa, whoa. Who said anything about love?”
`You did. Or rather, your heart did. Now do something about this Mustang or miss your chance forever.'
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
The next morning after only a few hours of sleep was not a good one for Roy Mustang. He felt slightly fazed, having argued with himself for so long and only getting to sleep at 0230 hours. It would be a miracle if he didn't fall asleep on his desk from having only slept a little over 4 hours. But a bullet to the brain was the last of his worries at the moment.
He had a plan. And he couldn't afford to mess it up.
Walking into the office with a confidence that he didn't feel, Roy made a statement. “I hope everyone has a pair of clean dress items.”
“Why, Sir?” Breda asked confused.
“Because I'm taking you all out to dinner tonight. We're going to Iris.”
Murmuring started amongst the men as Roy took his paperwork from Hawkeye and crossed the room to his desk. It took several minutes before the men calmed down enough to return to work and notice the strange turn of events. Sitting at his desk, Roy was neither day dreaming, sleeping, cleaning the windows or doodling. Rather, he was reading a report, making corrections to it and adding it to the done pile.
Even Riza stopped working to stare in astonishment at Roy. Seeing Havoc open his mouth in her peripheral vision, she shot him a glare that could make even the strongest of men wet himself. The other subordinates went immediately back to work, shooting occasional worried glances at the Colonel throughout the day. Soon 1700 hours hit and the entire crew, including Mustang was leaving after completing a full day's work.
“Meet at my apartment at 1900 hours. Our reservations are for 1930 hours.” Roy said walking out of the office first. He had a few things he had to set up before heading home and limited time to do it.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
“We really appreciate this Boss.” Breda said as the Gang stepped into the posh restaurant at precisely 1930 hours. Each of the men wore suits of varying colors, looking uncomfortable. Riza was clad in a knee length off the shoulder black dress and heels with her hair in an elegant bun on her head.
“It's no problem Breda. You all work very hard, supporting our work. You deserve a nice night out.” Mustang answered following the waiter to their table and pulling Riza's chair out for her.
The men noticed the gesture, smiling to each other. Perhaps they had been successful.
The night went on in a pleasant fashion. The gang found a nice balance of appropriate behavior for their positions and casual conversation. They conversed on many topics, from work, to their childhoods and their families. The food was great and the drinks came quickly and efficiently in the well organized establishment. Soon the male subordinates were well fed and a tad drunk, causing Roy to call cabs to take them home.
He put two men in each cab, sending the drivers in the direction of the military barracks and telling them to put the expense on the Mustang account.
“I should head home as well, Sir.” Riza said. “We have work in the morning.”
“Roy, Riza. My name is Roy.” The man corrected walking up to the beautiful women before him. “And there's no need to hurry. It's only 2100 hours. How about a walk through the park? It is in the direction of your apartment.”
Riza smiled slightly at the thought. “I would like that Si... Roy.”
Smiling, Roy offered his arm like a gentleman and a tittering Riza took it. Their walk was silent and peaceful. They had no need for words as the stars sparkled and winked above them and the breeze blew around them.
Noticing her shivers in the cool summer's night, Roy took off his jacket, placing it around her shoulders. He knew it was a cliché gesture, but didn't care.
Riza's eyes wet wide once she felt the jacket on her. “Roy, I'm fine.”
“No you're not, you're shivering. I can't have you getting a cold now can I?” Roy asked with a smirk as he grabbed her into a slow dance position.
“What are you doing?”
“Just wait for it.” Roy whispered into her ear as the music started.
Pulling her flush against him, Riza could not speak or argue. She knew she should wonder where the music was coming from. Or question the proximity of their bodies, but she couldn't. All she knew was the feel of him against her as they swayed, the tickle of his warm breath on her skin, causing her to shiver not from cold. And if she moved her head from his body to look in his face, she could see an intense look in his eyes, the same one she had seen at the dance.
“Riza.” Roy whispered slightly as his face moved toward hers. “Don't be mad at me.”
And with that last fearful omission, Roy locked his lips with hers.
It took a moment for Riza to respond, such was her shock. But once she did respond it was with passion that Roy had never felt. He had been with women before but no kiss had ever been like this. This felt like passion, heat, love, life, death and everlasting all in one action.
It didn't take long for the pair to run out of air, breaking apart.
“Are you going to shoot me?” Roy asked still a bit fearful.
Riza laughed at Roy as she placed he heard on his chest. “No, I'm not.”
“Good because I love you Riza Hawkeye.”
“I love you two Roy Mustang.”
And the pair moved back together, swaying to the music as the heavens sang their praises on this simple June night.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
How was it? Did you enjoy it? I hope so. Happy Royai Day to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ttyl and Royai dreams for all,
---animeluvr8