Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Five Days of Royai ❯ Fairs and Ferris Wheels ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ok, so this was written in like 20 minutes. Yeah… I spent the day out. Sorry, but I'll look this over after it's posted on time. Lol
Guide: “…” is spoken word
`…' is thought
Disclaimer: Nope, Don't own FMA. Sorry.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Title: Fairs and Ferris Wheels
“Falman. Remind me why we're here?” Roy asked with little patients. The stench of cotton candy, hay, sweat and fried batter permeated his senses as the group walked around the fair grounds next day.
“You agreed, Sir. After last night, we wanted to do something casual and fun.” Falman said, reciting the line Havoc told him.
“Right.” Mustang mumbled as he walked next to Hawkeye with the group.
Riza has to resist the urge to giggle and roll her eyes. For all his talk and reputation, Roy Mustang couldn't even handle a simple traveling fair. Though, she wasn't too happy to be their either. Riza wasn't entirely sure how this came to be. She remembered Falman mentioning the fair during their dance and saying that it would be nice to go. Next morning, she received a call asking her what time she'd be ready to go. She was very confused, especially after last night.
After the Furher's interruption or announcement, she and Roy had sprung apart quick as lightning. The sudden realization of their proximity hit them fast, causing a rise in color and nervous stammer for both. To solve their problem of embarrassment, the two silently agreed to avoid each other the rest of the night.
But that didn't stop Riza from looking at him. It didn't stop Riza from thinking about him well into the morning, keeping her awake.
Yes, confused was the best way to describe the usually in control First Lieutenant.
Not to mention, she couldn't seem to get away from the Colonel. No matter how fast she walked, the rest of the gang was always in front of them. No matter how she moved between the crowds, the rest of the gang was just a step ahead, keeping Mustang securely next to her person.
“Lets split up and play some games!” Fuery yelled enthusiastically.
“Alright, I'll join you.” Havoc said between puffs. “Well, see you all later.”
“How about food?” Breda suggested..
“Yeah, I could go for some grub.” Falman agreed, leaving the last bit of gang behind to fend for themselves.
Roy took a deep breath before continuing. “Want to play a few games?”
Riza nodded and they walked a bit, keeping a respectable distance, till they found an interesting booth.
“Come one, come all!” A man yelled next to them. “Try your luck at a bit of shooting!!”
Riza turned her head to the man, raising a brow and smiling. Reaching for her pocket, she retrieved the money the man asked for and took the gun from him.
“If you get all 10 targets, you can pick the biggest prize we have!”
Nodding to show she understood, Riza let off 10 quick shots without so much as a flinch. Once the smoke cleared, the crowd and vender were shocked to see each target successfully hit dead center.
“Wow, little lady. You got a mean shot!” The man said in disbelief. “Pick your prize.”
Hawkeye turned to the rack of options, finding nothing she liked. Teddy bears and animals weren't really her favorite even as a child. She inclined her head to ask Roy's opinion when she noticed him stare at the biggest teddy bears she had ever seen. Smiling softly, she requested the item.
“Here you go Colonel.”
The man's eyes lit up like a small child's before he realized his age. “No, Hawkeye that's ok…”
“I insist Colonel. Hayate would simply ruin it.”
Knowing when not to argue, Roy nodded and put the 4 foot bear on his back, smile in place. “Come on, I want to do something that allows me to sit. I'm still sore from last night. I think there's a Ferris Wheel here.”
The two walked on a bit, finding the line for the giant wheel. After a bit of a wait, the pair noticed the rest of the gang had joined back up, eating at a table not to far off. Waving, Roy and Riza decided to stay in line; they were almost at the front now anyway.
It wasn't long before the conductor put the two in their own seat, closing the door snug behind them and reminding them not to rock. Rolling his eyes, Roy watched the man walk off, noticing how small the seat was and his close proximity to Riza.
“Do you need something, Sir?” Riza asked, noticing Roy's gaze.
“No, no. And it's Roy outside the office. Remember that.”
Riza nodded again, remaining silent as she took in the sights and fought off the webs of sleep.
Roy had turned to look in the opposite direction, deeming it safe from awkward questions and temptations. He only moved his head once they reached the top and he felt a weight on his shoulder. Turning his head, he saw a mess of blonde hair laying on him.
Riza had fallen asleep on his shoulder.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Yeah, I'm late. Damn I fail! Lol. Sorry this one isn't very good. But I promise the last one will be outstanding!!!!!!!!!!
ttyl and Royai dreams for all,
---animeluvr8