Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Get Well Soon ❯ I'm Sorry..... ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the Full Metal Alchemist characters but, I have created this story so do not take it. Thank you, I hope you enjoy my fan-fic.

A teenage girl was walking down a long, and what seemed to be, a never-ending hallway. As she walked down the hall, she held a nice sized bouquet. It included many different flowers such as lilies, daffodils, babies breath, tulips, and a few other kinds but, the flowers were only the colors of white and a pale yellow color. The bouquet was wrapped in clear plastic and a pink ribbon was tied around the stems in a bow to hold it together.
The girl had long blonde hair and it was put up into a long ponytail but two long strands of h
air hung down next to her cheeks. Her bangs came down and partly covered her soft, gentle blue eyes.
Her outfit was a black frilled skirt that reached to her knees. She also wore a white tank top
and a black coat that was about an inch shorter than her shirt. She also let the coat remain open so it would reveal her tank top underneath. For shoes, she wore black ankle boots, and resting on her head was a large white sun hat. The girl was Winry Rockbell, crazed automail mechanic.
Winry walked down the long hall, wishing she wasn't in that horrible building with each passing step, The Central Hospital. She was visiting her childhood friend who had just barley slipped away from death. She slowly walked as she inched closer and closer to the hospital room. Winry wasn't even paying attention to where she was going as she stared blankly into the flowers
in deep thought and that caused her to accidentally walk into a taller man and they both fell to the floor. The flowers had slipped out of Winry's hands and landed near the man. Both Winry and the man had slowly sat up, the man rubbing his head from hitting the floor.
Winry looked up to see that the man was Sargent Brosh, one of Ed's formal security guards, the other was Maria Ross.
"Oh, Sargent Brosh!" Winry said, "Sorry, I wasn't paying attention to where I was going!"she started to apologize.
Sargent Brosh picked up the bouquet and handed to her. "It's alright Winry, no need to apologize. After all, I wasn't paying attention either." he said sheepishly," Did you come for a visit?" Brosh asked. He figured that was the reason she was here due to the flowers.
Winry took the flowers out of Brosh's hands and looked down at them. "Yes......I am......" Winry said sadly and quietly.
Brosh stood up and held out a hand to Winry. "Come on, I'll take you to the room, if that helps." Brosh said, hoping to make her feel a little better.
Winry looked up at him and smiled. She then took his hand and pulled herself up with the flowers still in hand.
"Thanks" she smiled as they began to walk back down the hallway towards the hospital room. Now that she wasn't alone, Winry felt a little more at ease.

The pair soon arrived at the room's door, which held Winry's childhood friend inside. Brosh held the handle and looked back at her to see if she was ready to go inside. Winry nodded that she was and gripped the flowers a little tighter as Brosh opened the door
quietly, to not disturb the one inside. Brosh stepped to the side to let Winry in. As she walked, she saw a limp body laying in the bed. Who was in the bed was Edward Elric, the infamous Full Metal Alchemist.
He was put into baggy, light sea foam green hospital clothes. They were a little big for his size but they did look very comfortable. On the floor sitting next to the bed was a pair of unused, light blue slippers. Sunlight came in through the window on the far side of the bed. The light shone down onto the bed and into Ed's face
, but it didn't seem to bother him one bit. After all, Ed could sleep through and earthquake!
Winry walked up to the bed and looked down at the 16 year-old and began to get a little teary at his sight but sucked it in since she was in front of Sargent Brosh. She turned to the small table that was next to the head of Ed's bed. Winry took the old, withered dead bunch of flowers out of the vase that rested on the table. She then gave them to Brosh and he left the room to go dispose of them. Those flowers had been in the vase for about a week, yes, this was the first day of Ed's second week in the hospital and Ed still was to
o weak to even wake up from his deep sleep. Winry placed her new bunch of flowers into the clear vase.
Winry looked around and s
potted a small wooden chair, and pulled it over next to the bed and sat down in it. Winry gently grabbed his ice-cold human hand and looked down at his weak sleeping face.
Wrapped around his forehead were some bandages that made his hair have to be put back into a ponytail as his bangs hung in his face, as they always did. Bandages were also wrapped around his left wrist, and two patches were placed on his right cheek. There were also many, layers and layers,
worth of bandages all around his chest, underneath his shirt.
Sargent Brosh returned but he left quietly as soon as
he saw Winry sitting next to Ed. He closed the door quietly before he walked away. Winry heard the door close as tear quickly rolled down her face. She held Ed's hands a little tighter as she leaned forward to cry. One of her tears rolled off her face and dripped onto Ed's cold hand.
All that could be herd in the room was the 'beeping' of Ed's heart rate machine, and Winry's sobs.
"I'm sorry Ed, I'm so sorry...."

End of chapter one! hope you liked it. Chapter two will be up an a bit, as soon as I get it all down on paper! ^^