Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Her Knight In Shining Armor ❯ Dreams Change ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I do not own the characters Ed, Al, Winry or the basis for their past history. They belong to the creators of Full Metal Alchemist. I also don't own any of the fairytales mentioned. I don't own much of anything…
Warning: There will be some references made to the show. It won't give away anything about the ending… I don't think… Anyway there will be threats of rape and murder. Not too vivid though.
There will also be spelling mistakes due to where Lorna originates from. I allowed some spelling error because it's words she would use. And I don't want any flames on it. I'm from where she's from so I just had her speak the way I do!
Chapter Eight: Dreams Change
After that another month passed by without much happening. Ed and Al spent a lot of time reading those journals. Meanwhile I continued with my writings and helping various people in town.
No matter what, Al would always find time to spend with me. We would sit on the front porch swing at sundown and just watch the world go by. Or sometimes we would read in front of the fireplace. I'd deliver the poetry aloud with vigor and he would listen.
It was slowly getting colder outside. I liked that, because it meant bundling up and sitting in front of the fire. Everyone in town had working heat, due to Al, so no one seemed to mind the winter.
It was on a cold night that my dream world first changed.
Al and I were in front of the fire. I was reading poetry aloud, as always. He listened intently. I found that Alphonse, like I, had a very poetic soul. Which only made me love him more.
At the end of the poem I asked, “Al you cold? Or is it just me?”
“I can put some more wood on.” He offered, standing to get it from beside the fireplace.
“Well,” I pondered aloud, “If you're cold.”
“Lorna, even if I wasn't I could still add to it for you.” He was already adding a few logs.
“So ya are cold!” I smiled thinking his pride kept him from saying anything. `So like a man.' I speculated to myself as I watched him.
He turned and walked over to the lounger then picked up a small blanket. I smiled letting him wrap it around me.
After he sat down I snuggled up close to him. I started to read another poem but my mind was elsewhere.
`I'm falling in love.' I considered,`He's everything I've ever wanted; sweet, kind, loving, poetic, and smart. My knight in shining armor, literally!'
Then my more logical side kicked in,`I've only known him a few months, and never seen his face.' I found myself arguing inside my head. All the while lulling myself to sleep with poetic verse.
Presently I drifted back into the valley. I was startled when someone moved next to me. They were trying to get away. Quickly I opened my eyes, and as always I was laying against the tree. I looked around, “Who's there?” I questioned. This time I did want to know.
I heard someone move behind the tree. I rose quietly and looked behind it. Standing there was a young man, a little taller than I was. He had short light brown hair and the most beautiful eyes I'd ever seen.
“Who are you?” I managed, regaining my voice.
“I'm uh…” He stumbled with his words. I knew that voice, but it was different somehow. “I'm Al.” He greeted, smiling broadly.
“Alphonse? But where's the armor?” I skeptically took a few steps backward.
“Lorna, please.” He reached out and took my hand. Immediately a flush of warmth ran up through my arm and into my face. “I don't need it here.” He explained.
“Oh Al.” Tears flooded my eyes as the realization hit me. This was Al, my knight without the armor. I rushed into his arms and held him tight, momentarily knocking the wind out of him.
“Oh Lorna.” I felt his lips gently kiss the top of my head.
I didn't want to let go. I didn't want to ever let him go. I breathed in deeply memorizing his scent. He seemed to do the same.
Then suddenly I was being jerked from him. Something was jostling me forcing me to wake up. “AL!” I heard a scream and moved to look up into his eyes. He smiled at me in a sad sort of way. “AL!” This time I woke up.
Ed was shaking his brother with such force I had woken up too. “What happened!” The older sibling demanded.
I rubbed my eyes as Al moved. “Brother?”
“He was just asleep Edward.” I grumbled sleepily. Ed looked at me with concern then back to Al, who said nothing.
I stretched, “I gotta go to bed. Night Al.”
“Night.” He uttered.
I got up and walked out the door. But my ears caught Ed's first sentence, “What happened?”
`What happened?' I thought climbing the stairs, `You woke me out of the best dream ever, that's what happened.'
I didn't bother to shower. I'd do that in the morning. Right now all I wanted to do was go back to sleep. The rude awakening didn't set well with me. But, `Perhaps he couldn't tell Al was asleep. After all he was in that armor.'
Author's notes
Joy: Whispers Lorna's asleep so I'll keep this short.
Ed!!!Did You Call Me Short!
Lorna: throws pillow at Ed
Joy: No I didn't now shut up…
Al: Why is the next chapter called Broken Heart?
Joy: Uh… well… continue reading everyone…