Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ I Skip the Little Ones ❯ Theme 13: Betrayal ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

SPOLIER WARNING FOR CHAPTERS 100-101 OF THE MANGA. Does not exist for the BROTHERHOOD ANIME as of yet, but when it does I will update. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!
 
Theme 13: Betrayal
“You Selfish Bastard”
 
“I thought I told you that I didn't want a bachelor's party!” Roy growled. “Multiple times, in fact!”
“Heh, too damn bad, Führer,” Fulman said from somewhere off to his right.
 
“Yeah, you can court-marshal them later, Mustang,” Ling - Greed - laughed. The prince - um, Homunculus - had a hold of Roy's left arm and was very firmly not going to let go. “For now, enjoy your last free hours, huh?”
 
“I've turned Homunculus to ash before, you know. I should let you see how it feels.”
 
“Have fun with that. Does carbon even burn?”
 
“Anything can burn if the flames are hot enough.”
 
Greed laughed again. “I knew there was a reason I liked you.”
 
Roy scowled as he entered the building, propelled by Greed. From the loud, pounding music and the sounds of men cheering and the occasional woman's squeal, it was a strip club. Wow, guys. Brilliant. Because the blind guy will so enjoy watching the strippers. Oh, wait. He can't fucking see. “You guys are bright,” he remarked as Greed led him to a chair.
 
“Hey, it was my idea,” Ling told him quietly. “I figure I'd spare you the horrors or drinking games down at the Flying Pig. You do not want to see Fuery drunk, trust me. Besides, you aren't actually seeing anything, so you can't really complain. Just let the guys have a good time, and go home knowing you were spared. Don't drink too much, okay? You can sit here and mope. I'm going to hang out with the girls!” That last bit was Greed talking; the timbre of his voice changed whenever the Homunculus took over. He… they - Roy wasn't sure which pronoun was appropriate - hurried away to grace some poor girl with their presence.
 
“Thanks, you selfish bastard,” Roy muttered. It wasn't even as if he had some weird moral thing where he believed the bachelor's party was wrong. In fact, if it had been another's party, he'd probably enjoy himself. But a bachelor's party was for a man who was chaining himself to someone and leaving the “free” life behind. Roy didn't feel like he was caging himself, though. She had always been a piece of his life. He had always been undisputedly tied to her. This - Saturday, two days from now - was the next logical step, making that fact universally acknowledged. Therefore, he didn't need a bachelor's party, because he wasn't really walking away from anything, really. Except dating, of course, but he had don that to fill the void Riza had been forbidden to fill and to annoy Havoc. Mostly to annoy Havoc; nothing could replace Riza Hawkeye. Guess I'll let Havoc actually keep a girl, now.
 
“Hey, boss, have a beer!” Breda slammed a glass down on the table. Roy sighed.
 
It was going to be a long night.