Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ I Skip the Little Ones ❯ Theme 14: Covered Eyes ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Hi, guys! Sorry for disappearing on you. My family just moved, and it's been a really hectic time. I'll try and update regularly from now on, but most of the house is still in boxes, so I can make no promises. :( Anyways, this is a little experiment; I tried to write this one as a play script because it was mainly dialogue, with only two actions actually written in the entire original manuscript. I discovered something: I'm horrible at writing play scripts! (I actually feel sorry for you guys, you'll have to puzzle it out.)
Anyways, for those of you who don't read scripts on a regular basis: [beat] means that there is a spot in the conversation where there is a pause, often while the character waits for conversation or for an action to be performed. This particular attempt has less stage directions (also in [], like [They both watched the sky], [Sadly], etc.
If you have any questions, don't be afraid to be VERY VOCAL about them. I would REALLY appreciate them. SERIOUSLY. In other words, REVIEW, REVIEW, REVIEW! Thanks. Enjoy the story. :)
 
Theme 14: Covered Eyes
The Best Man
[The back room of a church, specially kept for weddings. It is white. There is a bench along one wall, underneath a window that has the blinds shut. There is a large vanity with a large mirror. Riza Hawkeye, in civilian clothes, is sitting in front of the vanity, nervously brushing her hair. Enter JEAN HAVOC. Havoc is in a wheelchair and dressed in a tux, in a fashionable 1920's style. There is a rose in his coat lapel. He quickly pulls his cigarette from his mouth and snuffs it out in an ashtray attached to the wheelchair.]
 
Havoc: Hey, Riza.
Hawkeye: What do you want, Havoc?
Havoc: [Taken aback] Roy wanted me to give you a message. He'd come himself, but a few whiteneck civs caught him on him way over, so he sent me instead.
Hawkeye: Who?
Havoc: A couple minor Assembly members and Fidel, that ambassador from the South.
Hawkeye: [Turning slowly around] mmm. What did R-? [beat] Jean, why are you covering your eyes?
Havoc: Well, the groom can't see the bride before the wedding, right? And, `cuz I'm delivering the message for Roy, I'd might as well be the groom. Besides, even if Roy came in, there wouldn't be much point in him covering his eyes - Ow! Why'd you throw your hairbrush at me?
Hawkeye: Don't be a jackass, Havoc, it's not the right time for it. Will you deliver Roy's message already?
Havoc: Okay. Come here. [Riza looks wary, but approaches] Closer. No closer. Even closer. Now lean down. [Makes goofy kissing noise while pecking her on lips.] `I'll see you at three.' That's what he was going to do.
Hawkeye: [scandalized] Jean Havoc!
Havoc: What, never been kissed by someone as handsome as me before? Geez, I thought adding a funny sound effect would make that less awkward. Guess I was wrong!
Hawkeye: Roy asked you to kiss me?
Havoc: Well… No. But he was going to do it, anyway.
Hawkeye: Get out.
Havoc: [beat] …What's wrong? You afraid to walk down the aisle, or something?
Hawkeye: No. …There's just… a lot of people out there, that's all.
Havoc: You're … afraid?
Hawkeye: [vehemently] No!
Havoc: [in disbelief] You've faced gunners, psychopaths, serial killers, chimera, homunculi, even fricken' Father, and you're afraid of a few people?
Hawkeye: Havoc, stop!
Havoc: [beat] Look. Roy Mustang will be waiting for you at the end of that aisle. All you have to do is walk down the aisle and meet him. Just… ignore all the people. Okay? Stare at the matchstick and ignore everything else. Until the Ishbalan guy starts talking, anyways.
Hawkeye: It's not that simple - !
Havoc: Is it?
Hawkeye: [beat. Stammering halfheartedly] I-I'll trip over that ridiculous dress, or forget something, or -.
Havoc: [Like a drill sergeant] Pull yourself together, soldier! You've been trained too well to break down because of civilians! [More gently] Look, if him being there isn't enough for you, then don't walk down that aisle. And, for the record, he didn't want a big ceremony, either, but that's what you get for marrying the Führer. You'll both be fine.
Hawkeye: …Roy's nervous, too, isn't he?
Havoc: [smirking] You didn't hear it from me.
Hawkeye: Hm. That's… interesting. [Takes a calming breath] Now, will you get the hell out?
Havoc: Yes, ma'am!
 
A/N: So? What d'ya think? Review, please!