Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Leaving Reality ❯ Interrogation with the hottie ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 3: Interrogation with the hottie
“Ms. Feiona.” I heard a voice calling. “Ms.Feiona. Wake up.” Cracking open an eyes I moaned as the light shined in. “Uh, what happened?” I moaned, sitting up. Hearing a chuckle, I tilted my head to see Ed holding back a laugh. “You heard the Lt. Colonels name and fainted.” He chirped, causing me to blush. I did what!!! I swear to Bob if I faint again……. Sighing, I glared at the blond. “Not funny Edward.” I growled causing him to burst out laughing. “Yes it is.” He gasped out. Sighing I stood and turned to the Lt. Colonel. “I'm terribly sorry, sir.” I apologized. “I guess I'm still getting over my fall.” Smiling at me he told me he understood. It took all my willpower not to swoon. He was just too cute.
Motioning me forward, he pulled out a chair. “I would like to ask you a few questions.” Nodding, I sat down. “So, whatcha wanna know?” I asked, resting my chin in the palm of my hand. Sitting across from me, he looked me straight in the eye. “What were you doing falling 170 feet above the city?” I blinked, not knowing how to answer that question. Oh I could see it now. “Well, Mr. Mustang, sir. I was just watching TV in my favorite hang out when everybody disappeared. Then the TV stared to shine and I touched it then poof, I was here.” Yeah, that was gonna work. “Ummmmm. I can't tell ya?” A jet-black eyebrow rose. “And why is that?” Shrugging I told him it was because I didn't know and I wasn't lying.
Nodding, he glanced over at Nina, who had just pulled on his uniform coat. “Mr. Mustang, can Big Sister come play with me now?” She asked, pouting slightly. I smiled softly at the girl and kneeled on the ground. “ Still have some questions I need to answer but I promise that I'll play with you after I'm done. Okiday?” Smiling, she threw her arms around me. “Yay!! I be back later!!” with that she ran off to torture Ed and Al. Shacking my head, I sat back into the chair and nodded for the Lt. Colonel to continue, I was shocked when he turned to Mr. Tucker and asked him to leave. Nodding the man left, leaving Mr. Mustang and me alone. You don't know how much I longed for my brother to run in here like he does at home. “So. Ms.Avalon. You seemed to know who I was. How?” He asked in a casual tone. The rebellious side of me wanted to tell him to mind his own business but the logical side won… sort of. “I have no clue what you are talking about.” Oh yeah, smooth Feiona. “ Oh really.” Standing up, he strode closer to me, removing his gloves from his coat pocket. “ You know something, Ms. And I mean to find out.” Seeing the transmutation circle on his glove, I shivered remembering what that thing could do. A scene from the train episode, `Man with the metal arm', I think, when he just snapped his fingers and the man had burst into flame.
I knew he knew I was scared, even though I didn't show it. Having a stepfather like mine was good for one thing. Taking a deep breath I stood, looking up to look him in the eye. “You do not scare me. Lt. Colonel Roy Mustang.” I spat. “The only person I fear is thousands of miles from here.” Again, the eyebrow rose. “And who may that be.” He asked. Smirking, I removed my fishnet top and turned around. “The man who gave me this.” On my back there lay a diagonal scar that started at my left shoulder blade and ran to my right hip. I gaped when I felt a finger run along the scar. “Who gave you this?” Smirking I turned to him. “My father.” Pulling on my shirt I sighed. “Now, my dear Mr. Mustang, you know why I do not fear you.”
Plopping back into the chair, I let out a sigh of relief. Thank god for drama classes. I almost believed myself that I wasn't scared. Hearing the scratching sound of a chair being moved, I glanced up to see the Lt. Colonel only two feet from me. Whoa!!! A little close now, wouldn't ya say? Folding his hands together he looked me straight in the eye. “Anything said in this room stays in this room, so you can tell me anything.” I gave him a small smile. Nodding he continued. “But I won't force you. Now what other questions…..” I weird glint appeared in his eyes. “How old are you?”
“18.”
“Where do you come from?”
Shit. “Ummmm… can't tell ya that.”
“Ok…….”
The questions continued for a few hours. What I wanted to know is why in the name of bob did he need my astrological sign? Seeing him stand, I rose. “It was a pleasure meeting you Ms. Avalon.” He stated, taking my hand and placing a light kiss on the back, causing my face to turn pink. “I hope to see you again soon.” I stood in that one spot until I heard the door shut. I was NEVER washing my hand again!!
The next day I was outside playing in the snow with Nina, Alexander, Ed and Al when a man with slightly spiky black hair and glasses walked through the gates. “Good morning.” He greeted cheerfully. “Good to see you Ed, Al.” Turning to me, he smiled. “You must be Ms. Avalon. Roy wouldn't shut up about you.” Blushing I shook his outstretched hand. “Pleasure is all mine, sir and please call me Feiona.” Smiling, he turned to Ed. “Well lets go, can't let you study through your birthday you know.” I knew Ed was shocked that Mr. Hughes knew what today was and he voiced that. “How did you know that today was my birthday? I haven't told anyone that.” Smiling, Mr. Hughes explained that he was in the research department. Waving a hand he turned back to the gate. “Come on, I can't throw a birthday party without the birthday boy and his friends.” Grinning, Ed grabbed Nina's and my hands and dragged us out of the yard.
When we arrived at the Hughes residence, we met his pregnant wife Gracia. “It's nice to meet you.” I said, bowing slightly. Smiling, she grasped my hand. “No need to bow. You can just help me carry the food.” Laughing I allowed her to pull me to the kitchen. That night was full of fun and laughter. Sitting on the couch, I conversed with Gracia. “So, how far along are you?” I asked smiling, knowing that she was going to go into labor tonight. “Oh..any day now. This little girl wants out.” Looking at each other, we burst out laughing for no reason.
Later that night we were all sitting at the table when Gracia fell to the ground. “Honey, it's coming.” I would have laughed as Maes ran around the house like a chicken with his head cut off if the situation wasn't so serious. “Maes.” I snapped, causing him to stop. “Quit acting like a fool and get the doctor.” As soon as he left I ordered Ed to get a tub of hot water and for Al to set her on the couch. I never thought witnessing my little brothers birth would help me some day. I cringed as I remember the ordeal. It was that day that I swore I would never have any kids. As soon as she was comfortable, the only thing we could do was keep her that way. Every time Gracia made any sound the three youngest in the room panicked, thinking she was going to die. I swear, it took me 10 minutes to calm them down. “Brother, the water's cold.” Nina said. Bending down, Ed grasped the sides of the tub and the water warmed up. Seeing his shocked face, I remembered that this was his first time doing that. “Ed! How did you do that!?” Al asked surprised. “Looked like alchemy to me.” I stated, looking over my shoulder as the wiped Gracia's forehead.
About 15 minutes later, Maes came bursting through the door, literally dragging the doctor behind him. Hearing the high-pitched cry of a baby everyone in the room sighed in relief. They were both fine. Feeling eyes on me, I turned to see Maes staring at me. “What?” I asked. He smiled and pulled me into a huge hug. “Thank you so much.” He whispered in my ear. “Roy was right. You are special.” Confused I looked up at him. Special? “What are you talking about?” I asked, head tilted up so I could look at his face. Why the hell were men in this world so damned tall, well except for Ed. Maes just smiled and turned to take his daughter out of his wife's arms. Sighing, I blew a piece of hair out of my face. “I hate when people do that.” I grumbled, walking towards the group. Shivering as I felt something watching me. Turning around I gazed around the room, not seeing the figure in the window. Shrugging, I continued over to the new parents. Out side the figure stood, looking through the window. “I found you, witch.” It cackled. “Soon you will join us.” Flashing one last sinister smile, the figure disappeared.