Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Leaving Reality ❯ Saving Nina!!! ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Warning: Gets a big dark in this chapter, and yes people, I'm completely messing up the plot but hey, my story.
 
Chapter 5:
`Another woman has been found mutilated again today.
The police want us to tell the citizens not to panic but
as a safety precaution, the women are advised to stay indoors
or to be in a group. We will give update you when we get more
Information. Thank you.
Sighing, I shut off the TV. That was the fourth one so far. Hearing the front door slam open I glanced over my shoulder to see Mr. Tucker slink down stairs. Narrowing my eyes, I got up and followed him. The further we got down, the more I heard the creepiest sounds, like animals growling. Coming to the door where the noises were loudest I peaked through the keyhole and had to cover my mouth to stop from screaming. Dozens of animals, or that's what they looked like, were locked in cages, claws outstretched as if they were trying to kill an invisible enemy. With wide eyes, I backed away from the door. I don't care if I saw all this on an episode. Those were nothing compared to the real thing. Shaking my head, I inched over to another door and saw Mr. Tucker writing in a notebook. “Because of her age and Alexander's age, they are perfectly compatible for a transmutation.” I heard him mumble. It took all my strength not to kill him then and there. Turning I ran back up the stairs and into Nina's room. “Nina.” I whispered, shacking her slightly. “Nina, get up sweetie.” I smiled as she looked at me, eyes glazed over. “What?” She asked sleepily. Giggling, I picked her up and cuddled her in my arms. “We're going to leave, ok.” She just nodded, snuggling into my shoulder.
Not even ten minutes later I was out the door with the stuff I fell here with, some of Nina's thing and some money. There was no way I would let that man harm Nina. Whistling, I watched as Alexander came bounding towards me. “Patting him on the head, I whispered in his ear, “Alexander, I want you to run, Ok. Go find Gracia.” He nodded and sprinted off. Giving the house that has been my home for the last 8 months one last look, I picked Nina up and started down the street. We were only a mile from the house when the woman who ran into me the day Ed passed the Alchemy Exam stepped in front of me. “This is kidnapping you know.” She cooed, her voice as sweet as honey. I stiffened; there was something about this woman I did not like. Glaring at her, I told her to mind her one business because I was soo not in the mood to deal with people like her. This just caused her to laugh. “Now I know what Pierre was talking about. You do have a fiery sprit.” I looked at her confused. Just who in the hell was Pierre? “What are you talking about?” I snapped, holding on to Nina tighter. This woman was emitting strange vibes and wanted Nina as far away from them as possible. Laughing, she flipped her hair over her shoulder. “Oh yes, I forgot. He changed his name, you would know him as Michel.”
Hearing that name, I took a few steps back. How did she… Wait a minute; now that you mention it, Michel was acting really weird that day. During the FMA episodes he was really fidgety. “What does that have to do with anything?” I shouted, setting Nina down and pushing her behind my legs. “It has to do with everything.” She opened her mouth to say more but the sound of an engine shut her up. “Oh poo. It seems lover boy got hold of your scent. You know, you should keep that man on a tight leash. I might just steal him from you.” She smiled, evilly. “Well, ta ta Twilight Witch. See you soon.” The next thing she was gone.
Twilight witch? Huh? I was snapped out of my stupor when I was enveloped in a pair of strong arms. “What are you doing out here.” Roy seethed in my ear. Stiffening, I shoved out of his arms. “What does it matter? Do you think the murder is going to come after me?” I snapped, cringing as his already dark eyes went two shades darker. “Yes, Feiona. That is exactly what I'm afraid of.” Sighing I let my gaze fall to the ground. I hated it when he was like this. I knew he liked me, and I mean as more than a friend like but I could never know when I was going to be sent back home. “Look Roy…. I'm sorry. I just have a lot on my mind right now.”” Glancing at Nina, my eyes started to tear up. If this woman kept looking for me, Nina wasn't going to be safe. “Roy could you do me a favor?” I asked the Lt. Colonel. “I need to take Nina and not let Shao near her.” Looking up, I saw the surprise in his eyes. “Not let him let near her? Feiona, that's insane. I can't keep a daughter from her own father.”
“ You can if he's planning to hurt her.” I snapped, looking straight in his eyes. “Why would I lie about this Roy? He's planning on transmuting Nina and Alexander together to make a chimera, and I will NOT let that happen.” My voice got louder with each word. I gasped when he wiped tear from my face. I had to clue that I was crying. “Stop it. I can't stand to see women cry.” He whispered softly, wrapping an arm around me. “I'll keep her safe. I promised.” Wiping my eyes. I smiled up at him. “Thank you so much Roy.” Placing my hands on his biceps, I pushed myself up and placed a chaste his on his lips. “Bye.” Pushing away I ran in the opposite direction.