Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Left without a Word ❯ It feels like Yesterday ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: do not own FMA.



Ch.10. It feels like yesterday
He collided his lips against hers. Her eyes went wide with fear as he felt his velvet lips against her own. Her mind was screaming to push him off but her body wouldn't budge.He slowly pulled away looking deeply into your eyes.
"I hope you know that now" he said soflty. Reminding her of his threat. Winry stepped back, glaring at him with bullets in her eyes. He gave her a grin and left the room. Walking with nothing but pride and dignity. Winry watched him go with hateful eyes.
"its not gonna be that easy edward" she whispered as she wiped the tears off her face.
****"Brother? What happened?" Alphonse asked as edward stepped out of the house. His expression not changing, for he held no real face, nothing but armor he was.
"Nothing" Edward answered. Thinking of what had happened in the kitchen between winry and him. Boy was pinako gonna be mad when she returned and saw the damage to her wall. But he could always fix it easily. Edward was distracted from thought when something caught his attention. A little boy stood behind his brother. A little boy with blonde hair and golden eyes. A little boy just like him.
Edward gave ed a quizical look. "Hey there kid" he spoke.
Ed flinched and hid behind alphonse. "Brother..."alphonse whispered.
Alphonse stepped aside. Letting his brother get a good view of the young child. The child that was his son. Edward stepped infront of the boy, watching as those golden eyes looked up at him with worry and with fear. Nothing was said, it was awkward- for edward. Having winry's son stand before him. But yet the way he acted infront of this child. The way he talked to the boys mother. It was harsh, yet the small child refused to look away from the man with the metal arm that stood before him. The Fullmetal Alchemist.
"What's your name, kid?" edward finaly spoke. Little ed, lifted his head up a bit. Supresing his fear.
"Edward" he answered "Edward Rockbell" his small voice held fear but at the same time it held braveness.
Edward gave the child a quizzical look. If little ed was the son of some other man. Why would winry had named the boy after him. It was strange. He starred at the child, watching those golden eyes with thought.
Ed watched his father. He held no fear now, only confusion. Edward stepped back and retreated from the boy's side. Leaving both alphonse and ed with confusion.
Ed turned to alphonse "Your brother-......is weird" he said with a sly smile. Alphonse laughed "He has his moments."

"He's really the fullmetal Alchemist?"
"Yeah"
"He's pretty short" ed said with a raised eyebrow. Alphonse laughed.
"He hates it when people say that."
A worried expression covered ed's face as he looked at alphonse with sad eyes "Why is he mad at my mom?" his voice began to get cracky as if he were to cry.
"aw," alphonse gasped "Don't cry" he said putting an arm over the boy. Ed wiped away his tears. Hating to cry infront of everyone. He was winry and edward's son. He inherited that from them both.
"I don't get it-..."he whispered soflty holding back his tears "They look happy in the picture-....why are they mad now? Did mom do something bad?"
Alphonse hesitated "No....brother is just a bit irratated by the way winry spoke to him. He'll elt if go-...you'll see."
****"Ed you're at it again!" whined kylie as she stood next to ed. Ed kneeled on the floor drawing a circle on the dirt with a stick.
"I just wanna see how good I can draw this-...." he said putting all his attention to his work.
Kylie shook her head in dissaprovement "Don't you ever get tired of drawing those alchemy circles?" she asked tapping her friend's head.
Ed shook his head as he put the finishing thought to his drawing "No"
Kylie plunked down next to him "I heard that the fullmetal alchemist is back in town" she said with caution.
"I know" ed began "He's at my house"
Kylie shot up "For real!"
"He's not as tall as he seems" ed said with a smile as he jammed his small hand into his pocket and took out the picture of edward and his mom. "See"
Kylie gasped taking the picture "You're mom knows him?"
Ed nodded taking the picture back "yeah...."
"You don't sound too happy about it" kylie said, looking into his friend's eyes.
"well-.....its complicated" If only i knew what was going on-....I could tell her...but I don't know
"I understand" kylie said with a smile.
Ed nodded erasing the cricle from the dirt. Only to stop and look down on it with his golden eyes. He held scrupples of thought many of which were random to his own mind. He never understood why his mother didn't want him to learn alchemy when her friend was the Fullmetal Alchemist. It seemed strange but at the same time it was fishy. Why did not learning alchemy was such a strong opinion for winry. Why was she so against it. Winry was a machanic for a living, she loves it. Its her life. And alchemy is ed's life. What he likes and desires to do. Why can't his mother accept that?
"ed-...." kairi spoke. "Why don't we go by the lake and throw some rocks-...."Ed stood fallowed by kylie. He smiled "Alright lets go" and the two kids ran to the lake.
"Ed! wait up!" kylie shouted as they finaly reeched the lake. Ed fell to the floor panting for breath. Kylie fell next to him and the both kids looked up tino the cobalt sky."You run too fast" kylie spoke as her lungs refilled with sweet air. Ed laughed "Cause you run too slow"Kylie moved her jet black her out of her face and she smiled at ed "Hey ed-..." she spoke with hesitance."Yeah?" he asked."Will we still be best friends in the future?" she asked.Ed thought for a moment then turned to her "Yeah! Definately!"
Kylie smiled "Good" then they bursted out in laughter.****Winry paissed back in forth in her machanic shop. A vain was popping out on her forehead as she thought of edward. She looked up and there he was sitting down on the table as lazy as can be.He was teasing her. She sighed heavily. If he wasn't paying attention I would hit him in the head with a friyng pan!"Edward-..." she spoke strenly "Will you leave?"Edward sat up giving her a sly smile "I don't think so winry. not until we talk about you-know-what" winry growled with anger.
***Winry's p.o.v****I don't understand-....why won't he leave? Its edward...and his hard head. Its hard to believe that he's finally back. But its also hard to except him.I see him sitting before me. A dull look in his eyes. Those eyes that would be filled with glee and happiness, but now they look so distant. He turns to me and smiles. I do nothing but glare."I don't get it winry-...I just don't" he says with a sigh. "I thought you'd be happy to see me""well I'm not" I answer sharply as I take a screw driver in my hand.
"What happened to us, winry?"I scoff "Us? there never was an "us" "He shook his head with eyes closed "I think you forgot. i wish you would remember"I glare at him "You have no right to be telling me these things-...you're the one that left. Not me"
Edward sighed looking up at me "Winry-...I know I made a mistake. But I'm sorry." he glares quickly "Besides I'm not the one that has been having children with a random person."What?!" I snap at him "You think I've been sleeping around?! what the fuck edward?! That's bullshit!""Then who's the father of your son? Huh winry?! Who is he?!" edward demanded as he stood from his seat. Is this what he thinks of me? Is this what his thoughts are? Does he think i'm some kind of whore? Well fuck that!"Answer me winry" he demands.
I glare at him "Edward-...I have only slept with one man" I close my eyes as I hesitate "And that's you"Edward's expression changes as his eyes go wide "w-..what?"***Other p.o.v***"Mom-..." ed was cutt off as he ran inside and spotted edward. "Uhh-..." he hesitated.
Both edward and winry turn to him. Winry wipes her tears away hiding them away from her sun. Edward stares at the young boy. Thinking of what winry had said. But it was so confusing.
"What is it ed?" winry asks as she keeps her velvet voice from cracking.Ed looked at his father with shyness and fear. "Uh?....." but thats all that lingered in the air.
Edward kept his glance on the boy. wanting him to speak and hear what he had to say."Mom-...I-..I was just wondering if you needed any help?" he asked timidly.
Winry forced a smile for her son "Of course I do"Ed nodded looking away from his father and walked towards his mother. Den soon ran in the room and wagged his tail at the sight of edward."Hey boy" he greated the dog with a pat on the head."Has grandma come home yet?" winry asked her son.
He shook his head in reply "No"Edward stood, leaving the little shack. ed looked at his mom "Did I interupt something?"
Winry hugged her son "Of course not" and planted a sweet kiss on his forhead.
(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)Ed sat on a rock next to the lake. It was late afternoon but the sun wasn't setting. Den sat next to him, his tail wagging on occasion.
Ed threw a rock into the lake as it made a small splash. He looked down with his golden eyes ignoring the ripples the rock had made.
SPLASH! ed looked up to find bigger ripples forming in the lake's water. He turned back to find edward standing there. "Mind if I join you?" he asked. Ed shook his head in reply. Edward sat on a rock next to the young boy. He looked at him, studying the boy's complexion. Somehow-..ed reminded him of himself when he was younger."So-.." he began "Do you like helping your mom?"
Ed turned to him with hesitance "It's okay"
Edward nodded "You don't sound so convincing about it. i thought you would like all that machanic stuff like winry"
Ed shrugged "Its okay but I prefer alche-" he stopped his words from coming out. His eyes wide with fear.
"What?" asked edward with interest. Ed shook his head "Nothing!"
"You were gonna say alchemy-...were you?" edward asked. Now he was really interested in what ed had to say.
"Please don't tell my mom!" ed shot up as he stood from his seat. Edward chuckled "Why not?"
Ed plunked back down "....because she'll kill me...."
"Why would you say that?" edward asked with a light frown.
"Mom doesn't approve of me learning alchemy. She doesnt want me to..."he said as his eyes sadened.
slowly edward began to think of what winry had said to him back at the shack. "Edward-...I have only slept with one man...And that's you"
"Ed!" winry's voice could be heard calling.
"I gotta go" ed said "Come on den" and ran up the sandy hill leaving edward behind in thought.
"Winry-...."he spoke "Why do you have to keep your son, such a mystery?"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~