Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Left without a Word ❯ A message from the Unknown ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]



Disclaimer: i do not own FMA.






A/N: For a while now I felt that this story wasnt going anywhere, it was a pretty crappy begining in my opinion, so i decided to delete it. But while i was searching through my email i got a message from a fan of this story. i realized they liked this story a lot so i decided to bring it back just for them (:





Chp. 11- A message from the Unknown



~~~~


Ed plunked down on the sandy beach of the lake, the sun was not far from setting. The sky was yellow, pink and orange. A beautiful sight, the water from the lake that rose to shore was far from touching his feet.

He sighed deeply. He thought about the Fullmetal Alchemist, the arguement he and winry had. And the conversation they both had almost at the same spot.

The Fullmetal's words drilled in his mind, true he didn't understand anything. Ed picked up a stick drawing on the sand, he drew many pictures he saw in the large Alchemy book he hid under his bed. He wrapped his arms around his knees bringing his knees up to his chest. He dropped the stick and looked out into the lake. It was so large it seemed like the ocean.




Not far from where ed sat, was edward. He lay against the large boulder, edward crossed his arms rethinking the past events in his mind. "Who is he?" he asked to himsel reffering to the small boy who happened to be winry's son. True edward was extremely smart though he was extremely slow when it came to these things. Winry's mad eyes wouldn't leave his mind
Her words wouldnt stop drilling in his head.
She looked so enraged, what could have cause this?
truthfully.

"winry why won't you just tell me..why won't you just smile at me..." edward spoke to himself changing his shift against the rock though something caught his attention Not far away from him sat little Ed. "What's this?" he pushed himself off the rock and walked over to him, though he stopped behind another boulder as a little girl approached ed as well. Like a stalker edward watched them.





"Boo!"

Ed yelped turning back to see his dear friend kylie. She giggled, "hey eddie what's up?" she sat right besides him.

"Geez kylie you scared me and stop calling me eddie" he pouted. Kylie smiled at him, "So i heard the Fullmetal Alchemist is staying at your house" she seemed pretty excited by the news. She had never come close to anything of Alchemy besides ed's little attempts and what he told her about.

"Yeah" he answered solemnly. Ed wasn't so excited about the Fullmetal any longer like he had before. He wasn't really what he expected. Ed expected to see a tall strong man. Much older and well much taller. Though the Fullmetal shown before him was young, still strong but a tad bit short.

Kylie tried to catch her friends eye, "You don't seem so excited about it?"

Ed ignored his friends glance, though he knew she could tell her anything. "He seems really different from what I imagened.


Edward heard this and frowned lightly, "what?" he whispered to himself.

"Why do you say that?" asked Kylie. Ed kept his his eyes glued to his shoes, the sand began to build up into his shoe. His small toes trapped behind white socks tingled at the touch of the sand. It was the end of summer and school would start soon. That meant but away all the alcehmy books and time for studies.

"ed" kylie tugged at her friend, her blue eyes tried to find his. Ed laid back on one hand and laughed, "well he's very short"

Edward almost choked on his own breath, his face turned red and he was about to strangle the small boy but that would only give him away. So he kept his mouth shut and went on listening.

Kylie giggled.


The children laughed at the thought of Edward being 'short' while edward held back his anger. I'm not short...

"He is but he's very strong." ed added after he finished laughing, "I wish I knew half the things he did"

"Wow ed maybe one day you will but my mom told me he's an old friend of your family. He and your mom grew up together until he left to become and alchemist."

"really?" ed asked, "I've nver heard this before."

"Yup"

Ed was pretty shocked, "Wow I didn't know that. My mom never told me anything...but there is this room where I'm not aloud"

Kylie untied his shoes, "Have you gone in?"

Ed slumped tying his shoes back up, "Didn't I tell you? I did go in. That's where I found this picture" he said pulling out a picture of Edward and his mother. "They looked happy..."

"Wow"

The picture was not that old, just a couple of years since it was taken. The people in it were young, younger than now. They smiled brightly, it was such a beautiful scene. "Though I wonder why their mad at eachother now"

Kylie took the picture to get a better look. "I heard my grandma and your grandma talking, they said something about a large hole in the wall"

Ed's eyes went distant "That's right! He made a hole on our wall!"

Kylie laughed tackling ed to the floor. "Whoa!"

"Kylie get off!" ed giggled. Kylie's thin fingers poked his sides making him laugh even harder. he was an extremely ticklish boy, "Stop it kylie! no fair!"

"OOO the big bad alchemist!" teased kylie tickling ed to death. Ed laughed it seemed to be the funniest thing in the world at the moment. Edward watched as the two kids played. His anger left, he was no longer annoyed. He watched remembering the old days, when he was a kid himself. When Al has his old body, when their mother was still alive. Playing with winry every single days, learning new things. Every day was an adventure. He watched the kid chase eachother spalshing in the water. It looked like fun. "Maybe this isn't so bad.." he whispered to himself and walked off making his way home.


***

Ed walked down the road to his home, the sun had finally set and the street lights were on. A bark caught his attention, it was Den greeting him. "hey boy" he smiled petting the dog with the metal leg. Den wagged his tail and followed ed the rest of the way home. "Mom's probably pulling her hair out right now"
he looked up but instead of winry waiting on the porch with crossed arms, was Edward Elric. The Fullmetal Alchemist. "Hey there kid" he greeted the boy with a smile.

"Hi" ed said stepping up the poarch. He didn't expect to see him there.

"Mind if we talk for a bit?"

Ed looked around then pointed to himself.

"Yes you" edward chuckled. Ed nodded and sat on the porch steps, edward sat a step above him. "So.." he said.
Ed fiddled with his fingers, what could the fullmetal possibly want to talk about?

edward smirked, "Last time we talked we didn't talk much did we?". Ed shook his head in response. True it was an extremely short conversation. "Dont some alchemy lately?"

Ed shot up with wide golden eyes, "Shh! My mom will kill me if she knew!"

Edward laughed laying back against the brick rail, "Hey kid don't worry your secrets safe with me". Ed slumped his body back petting Den as he passed by and laid on a step. "Thanks...but why are you helping me?" ed was truely confused. It was odd to him.

Edward looked into the boy's golden eyes, "Because you remind me of me". Ed shot up once more, "I do?". "Yeah kid, ya do"

"Wow"

Edward laughed, "Why so surprised?"

ed shrugged looking to his feet, "well you're the best alchemist there is everyone in town talks about it and i'm...i'm just a kid,"

Edward felt somewhat bad at the words ed spoke. "You maybe be just a kid but that never stopped me." ed turned to him "You might think you're just a kid but I know you have great ambition and that's great" he shot him a smile.

"gee thanks Mr. Fullmetal"

He chuckled, "you don't have to call me that"

"Mr. Elric?" ed tilted his ed.

"Just call me edward". Ed smiled, "Okay"



***
It was 9:00 p.m and he still sat there talking to Ed. He realized ed was such a bright boy, he was extremely smart for his age. Just liked Edward.
The air outside felt warm even though it was late. The stars were visible in the dark blue sky like matches. The moon was half was full and the crickets sang their toon, hiding in the grass. It was a perfect night to sleep under the stars or do anything out back infact. There wasn't anymore tension between the two like the was the first time. At first he wanted to strangle the small boy for being the proof of something he believed to be wrong and sinister. Though he'd come to realize how wrong he was, the kid wasn't half bad. And of course it wasn't his fault for what events had occured. He couldn't be blamed.

Ed shoved his hands in his pockets feeling the picture inside. He was tempted to ask Edward about the past he'd had with his mother but something held him back from asking the question. He tapped his foot a couple of times, C'mon ask him! ask him! a small voice rang in his ear. ask! ask! it wouldn't hurt!

"So what broguth you back to this dinky town when you had good in a big city?" he asked ignoring the other question completely.

Edward laughed, "Dinky town huh? Well kid, once your in a large city for a long time you get tired of all the crimes of all the hustle and bustle. The criminals run all over the place and it gets tirying chasing after them"

"Tirying? are you kidding!" ed shot right up, "how can you get tired of chasing bad guys around?! You get to chase 'em catch 'em and throw them in jail, how can that not be fun?!"

Edward laughed ruffling ed's golden hair, "you've been watching way too many movies kid"

Ed brushed his hands away, "No I haven't"

"Yes you have" edward laughed.

"Ed? are you out here?" asked a way too familiar voice.

Both ed's turned to see winry as soon as the door opened. "Yes mom" he answered.
Winry smiled at her son but then turned to edward and her smiled dissapeared slowly, as did edward's. "Sweetheart why don't you go get ready for bed its very late"

Ed pouted, "Awww but ma, Edward and I were having a good time can I stay out longer?" he pleaded with his golden puppy eyes that winry just couldn't resist but this was a different occasion. She said her hand on the side of his cheek, "Time for bed"

"Yes kiddo, listen to your mom" edward spoke.

Winry suddenly turned to him.

"She knows best after all" he sent her a smirk.

Ed slumped, "okay. Goodnight edward" he said and went right in.

"Goodnight kiddo"

Winry went off after him.

"Winry" edward's voice stopped her.

She paused. "What do you want?"

Edward grasped her hand making her turn around to meet his golden eyes, "Winry I want to talk with you.."







~~~~~~~~~~~~


A/N: Sorry this chapter came pretty late as if had said before I had stopped working on this story but decided to bring it back since some of you really like it (:
hope you enjoyed this chappie. please review.