Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Memories ❯ Guarding the light ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]

az: Thanks to the two reviewers who like this fic... (cursed on the Quickedit thingie... why I actually bothered to use...)


Disclaimer: I don't own Fullmetal Alchemist or Hagaren of either the anime or the manga. Well, I DO own a state alchemist pocket watch and Ed plushie and the anime dvds.... Though if I OWNED Hagaren... won't I really be able to transmute anything? Characters and original excerpts from the fic are copyrights of Arakawa Hiromu WARNING: If you don't like any normal pairings or the anime/manga, shouldn't you NOT be in here?
Memories.... Guarding the Light Written by Azzie/Az .. Alienna Azuani .. Yami Azzie  

Hawkeye gave a salute as she bid for leave. 'I'll be going now... take care of yourself while I'm gone...', she said as Roy gave a frown. 'It's just a short trip down the station! I'll be alright in that short moment while you're gone...', replied Roy dejectedly.

Hawkeye grinned as she noticed that lost puppy look on Roy's face. 'I know.... but I also knew your affinity to slacking off and for attracting trouble--'

'Hey!! I'm not your--'

'--child?', Hawkeye cut in as a tinge of red slightly colored Roy's cheeks. She grinned as she walked towards his side. 'What? Suppose you expected a different reply?'

Roy looked away. Heat rushed to his face as he tried vainly to hide it. 'No. It doesn't mean that I liked you that much... to expect you to...', Roy turned his face as his nose touched Riza's lightly, as the lieutenent colonel leaned closer. 'Yes?', Riza queried as her breath touched his lips. Slightly embarassed, he shakily pushed her away towards the door. 'It's nothing!! No.... none at all!!!', he cried in panic. 'And Winry.... Yes!! She'll be waiting at the station... you'd better--'

Riza turned around as she caught the man stumbled a little towards his side. 'Roy!! You hurt? Anything wrong?', she cried as Roy looked up at her with a smirk. 'It's nothing... and you called me again by my first name! How sweet... I'm honored--', he replied as he grinned cheekily.

A bit flustered, Riza clamped her mouth shut as she looked at him with mock anger and sighed. 'Okay... I'm going!! Remember what I said before--', she reminded him as she left. Roy closed the door behind him as he leant on it.

He gasped as he lifted his hand to clutch the side of his shoulder that suddenly had been throbbing painfully. He cursed to himself as he barely heard his phone rang. He slowly walked to his chair as he answered the call.

'Hello... Mustang here. What's the matter?', he spoke coldly as the officer muttered his apologies.

The officer begun explaining things to him as Mustang's eyes started to open wide. 'Are you sure? That's what he said? And that... umm, watch them!! I'll come over!', he cried as he hastily rushed out of his office...

--

'Where is he...? That kid....', muttered Mustang as the lower officer dashed towards him. 'He's there--!', said officer Doyle as Mustang glanced towards the direction he's pointing at. Mustang leered at the kid before noticing the other person...

And Wrath sneered and grinned at him smugly as he watched the man rushed suddenly pass him...

--

Winry hummed by herself loudly as she sauntered around the station when she saw Lieutenant Hawkeye walking into the station by herself. She called out as she darted towards her.

'Hawkeye-san!! Kochira desu...', cried Winry as the woman gave a sigh of relief at the sight of her. She gave a loud gasp as Winry caught her.

'Thank goodness! I hoped you didn't wait too long...', said Riza as Winry shook her head. 'Naa... I had just arrived... ano... Hawkeye-san--'

Riza looked up towards her as Winry looked at her in concern. 'Is there anything wrong? You looked worried....', she asked as Hawkeye flashed a weak smile. 'It's nothing.... but I was worrying about Mustang-taisa... I mean...'

'Roy-san?', asked Winry as Riza nodded. 'Well, let's get going...', said Riza as both of them left the station...

--

The girls rushed towards the reception building as Riza caught the officer on the desk. 'Officer Doyle!! Where is he? Where's the Brigadier General!!?', cried Riza as the officer stuttered. 'He.... went out... after the kid....'

Hawkeye frowned at him. 'What kid?', she gasped, startled. Winry also looked at her wondering as Wrath come out of nowhere. Winry looked at him in surprise.'Wrath-san....? You're safe?', she gave a cry as Riza glanced back towards the officer. 'I don't understand.... why was it--?', she started to say as Winry turned towards the officer. 'Is there a phone here? I'd like to call somebody--', she asked as the officer nodded to her, muttering apologies to Hawkeye while showing the phone to the girl.

'My apologies, madam... but the situation was confusing at the time. This kid... Wrath, you said.. was bringing someone along with him. That kid was unconscious and when brigadier general came and saw them... he immediately took the other kid to the hospital--', explained the officer as both Riza and Winry looked at him in shock.

Riza's voice shook as she repeated the officer's words...

'Officer Doyle.... just now... you've said something about...'

'--another kid?', gasped Winry as she held the phone still.

Both girls immediately turned their attention towards the young homunculus as Wrath grinned evilly. The homunculus sighed as the thought formed inside their minds...

'Edward--?', both of them gasped...

--

Izumi Curtis felt her heart stopped as she heard the exchange from the other side of the line. More than the surprise at Winry's words that Wrath was found in Central. Her mind immediately recapture those long lost memories of the child that she had long considered as a son...

'Winry.... Winry!!! Are you there!!?? Answer me!!', cried the woman as Siguar glanced at her from the shop.

/Aaah.... gomen ne!! This... was so... sudden.../

'No matter, Winry... Are you sure about that?', queried Izumi as she heard the girl sigh. /I'm not sure... oh, wait!!... Riza-san said she wanted to check... I'll go too.../

'Oh... wait, Winry! I'm coming over there!.... I know... but if it is him... I want to make sure of it myself.... Yes... I'll call.', said Izumi again as she slammed the phone away. Sig walked towards her as she instinctively took her jacket with her.

'Where are you going?', asked the large man. 'Central!! There's something--'

'What is it...?'

Izumi turned as Alphonse looked at her with concern...

(TBC)


az: Hmmm.... lesse.... long enuff is it? or should I need to put more? Finally the chapter's completed! Thanks to all who liked it and reviews!! I luv you all!!!