Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ National Alchemist ❯ The Same as Always ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

As we know, the sins are gone, at least we thought. Edward thought he saw Lust in a crowd. Do his eyes deceive him or are the sins back?
 
Full Metal Alchemist- National Alchemist Chapter The Third- The Same As You Always Were
 
Edward jumped over and began to run after the figure. “STOP!!!” He yelled; the person showed no yield. Ed continued to run after the person and he finally had cornered them in an alley.
 
“You've been warned. If you keep up with this, We WILL be back. There is no stopping us, if you try to get in the way…” The person disappeared without a trace. The voice was not male or female, or at least, Edward thought. He stood there in awe at what he had just seen. Then he stared at his arm.
 
“Is it because, I am different?” He rolled up the sleeve of his jacket and looked at his automail. “I want… I only want… To be the same…” Edward broke out into tears as he fell down on his knees. “Will I ever be the same?” He said between tears. As he looked down, he watched the tears fall on his automail. He felt a hand on his shoulder.
 
“Don't cry, The Edward I know never gets discouraged!” The person behind him said.
 
He looked up to see Winry standing there. “Winry!!” Ed was happy and sad at the same time. As he looked up at her face it was like reliving those many years they had spent together before the incident where he tried to revive his mother. “I didn't know that you were going to be here… Why did you come?” He rolled his sleeve back down and continued looking at Winry with a happy look on his face, It was like he was crying tears of joy, not of pain, suffering, or loneliness.
 
“I got here last night. I had heard of two Alchemists that were going around and causing trouble everywhere, I figured it might be you and Alphonse.” Winry smiled. “You are the same as always Ed.”
 
“What does that mean?” He asked.
 
“You are still a little shrimp!!! … Huh?! OH ED!! I was just kidding!” Winry began to back up so that Edward wouldn't hurt her.
 
“You better be.” He backed down. “You know Winry, You are the same too.”