Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Neighboring Emotions ❯ The Element of Surprise ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Element of Surprise- chapter 7
 
“A battle!?” asked Lieutenant Hawkeye. “well…yeah…she wants to become a state alchemist and I have confidence in my own abilities that she has absolutely no—“ “Did you even authorize this with the Furher?!” “Well…no, but you didn't see the look she gave me!” Lieutenant Hawkeye looked at her superior with the expression of `your gonna get fired'. “Don't worry about it…[he stroked her soft blonde hair]…you let me take care of the Furher.” “But…Sir…if he finds out you are holding a practice battle with a civilian….then your position will be striped from you in an instant!” He walked towards a window, and peered out. He could see his niece training in the courtyard. “Look Riza, Elina is training for our fight, only not with her alchemy, but her speed, strength, and reaction to situations.” “She would make an excellent state alchemist.” “That is what I am worried about….I don't want her to get hurt…or have to see those boys hurt ether.” “Sir, with all do respect…it appears as though she has already seen some horrible things that only we can imagine…just like Ed and Al.” “She looks grown up doesn't she?...I only saw her a month ago, and it appears as though she aged several years in maturity…not in height though, why she's as short as Fullmetal!” He saluted Lieutenant Hawkeye and walked toward the Furher's office.
 
 
 
Elina was kicking, punching, and drop kicking the trees in the courtyard. All the while mumbling to herself, “Stupid Roy….Thinks he can beat me…well, he's got another thing coming.” “Are you ready?” She turned around and noticed her uncle staring at her. “Yeah, let's do it.” She said eyes just as determined as his. “I have spoken with the Furher, he has agreed to the terms of this match and if you loose, you will never have the opportunity to become a state alchemist again, even if you take the test and pass.” “Wow, that's a lot of pressure…guess I had better not loose then huh?” she said with a smirk. He walked her to the area that the state alchemists used to conduct such battles. Many of the soldiers had already gathered after hearing that there was to be a practice battle. I thought I had asked there not to be a crowd he thought to himself. He and Elina took their positions facing each other. “Alright…the rules are the first one to disable the other's alchemy wins….this includes knocking them unconscious.” “Gotcha.” They both heard a gun shot signifying the beginning of the match. Of course, Roy made the first move. He snapped his fingers and a bolt of fire came towards Eli. Eli clapped her hands together and held them up to the fire. She had manipulated the fire to go right back at Roy. He was actually caught off guard. He quickly moved out of the way and made a mental note that he shouldn't make that mistake again. Eli clapped her hands again and placed them on the ground, causing the ground to move under Roy's feet and knock him off balance. This didn't work because Roy was more nimble than he actually let on. Roy shot his fire towards her once more, and kept doing so. He didn't allow her the opportunity to use her alchemy to send it right back at him. She was forced to keep dodging the blasts. She hadn't counted on this one, suddenly, an idea occurred to her. It was risky but it was worth a shot. She stoped running. As Roy began to snap this time, she clapped her hands placed them on the ground before her. A piece of ground shot up and formed around the path of the fire and heat. The heat formed water vapor and through the process of condensation, made water. Roy noticed this but it was too late. She had already clapped her hands and drenched Roy's glove which was now useless. “Ha…Looks like I—“ She barely dodged that one. “Think again…. A state alchemist is always prepared.” He pulled out his other hand that had another glove on it. Uh oh she thought to herself. She knew she wasn't gonna be able to do the same trick again. As she continually dodged more and more blasts from her uncle, she decided to use her favorite element of them all. She ran towards him, still dodging flames from all sides. Once she was right in front of him, she ducked, clapped her hands, and placed them on the ground. Her moves were too fast for her uncle to avoid it. She had caused a spike to rise up from behind him and tore through the transmutation circle on the glove disabling his alchemy. The winner was Elina. Roy couldn't believe it. Hawkeye watched and smirked to herself. Overconfident fool she thought to herself. “Looks like I win for sure uncle.” “Yeah you did great munchkin.” He smiled at his niece realizing now that he had nothing else to teach her. If God truly wanted her to be a state alchemist, then she was one now. “So do you have a favorite element?...state alchemist Elina.” “Yeah I do.” “Oh…Which one?” She looked at him and smiled as they walked towards the Furher and said “The element of surprise.”
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>& gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ;>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>
 
 
To Be Continued!!!!!!
 
Please read and review!!!!!!