Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Nightmares ❯ chapter 1: WHAT?! ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Roses-in-the-Dark: Hey, this my first FMA fic, so constructive criticism is loved and treasured. I love comments of all kinds, but be as gentle as my sucky writing will allow, please. ^-^
LeeLee: in other words, she cries easily. ~_^
Roses in the dark: Do not! *sniff*
LeeLee: there will be yaio, of this Im sure (cause im the muse)
Roses-in-the-Dark: Cant say when tho! And I don’t own the cloths on my back (runs from person wanting cloths back) or FMA, cause if I did the show would be in chaos! ^_^ oh, and I have a question. I usually make the story up as I go along, but the paring has been bothering the hell out of me! It WILL be yaio, but to pair Ed up with Mustang, or Envy? Or maybe a new, never before tried paring? Ah, decisions, decisions….. A little help would be greatly appreciated.
LeeLee: No like male/male, no read. Duh!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
“Brother, are you ok?” Al asked, concern for the older boy echoing in his hollow voice. Ed glanced briefly away from the oh-so interesting sight of rain water sliding down the window pane to observe the huge piece of metal watching him from across the room, before going back to quietly observing one of natures temper-tantrums.
“Fine.” He answered tonelessly. Al sighed. The weather outside the window matched the mood of the room inside. Ed had become quieter and quieter over the past few weeks, and his old nightmare were starting up again. Al was beginning to worry about his brother’s behavior. This last time Ed had turned in his research, Mustang had asked them to stick around central for a few days. When asked why, he had cryptically slammed the door in their faces. His brother had ranted for hours about how much he hated “that smug bastard!” There was another person who had become strangely touchy as the day had gone by, in more ways than one. Mustangs subordinates had taken to avoiding him as much as possible, and the only people who would willingly enter his office without a good reason were Hawkeye and any woman who thought they were sexy enough to win over the handsome young Colonel’s heart. So far, no one had gotten any farther than his pants. At least, that’s what the rumors were.
Both Ed and Al jumped when the door swung open and Lieutenant Hawkeye walked in.
“Colonel Mustang wants to see you.” She said, observing Ed’s listless gaze as he looked uninterestedly from the window to her.
“Whatever it was, I didn’t do it.” Ed assured her. Hawkeye smiled slightly.
“I’m sure you didn’t Edward. Now hurry up, he looked pretty serious.” Ed stood and dusted himself off impatiently.
“He always looks serious, even when he’s saying or doing something stupid.” he pointed out. Hawkeye raised an eyebrow, but didn’t say anything. Even if it wasn’t the way she would have put it, Ed was right. But this time it was serious, even if it wasn’t exactly what Ed was going to be expecting. In other words, it was nothing life threatening, but it was going to touch some sore spots. She must have made an odd face, because Ed looked at her strangely.
“Lieutenant?” he asked, looking concerned. She just scowled at him.
“Come on now Ed. I haven’t got all day, and the Colonel doesn’t either. So get your hind end in gear!” she ordered. Ed scowled.
“Bossy Bitch.” He muttered to himself.
BANG!
He jumped and yelped as the Lieutenant calmly fired her gun at him, missing his right leg by inches. Al “eeped” in surprise from the corner he had been hiding in quietly for hours.
“I didn’t mean it! I was just joking!” Ed cried, holding his hands up in a sign of surrender. “Can’t you take a joke!?!?!?” Hawkeye’s frown deepened.
“This is serious you two.” She turned her head toward the younger brother. “Al.” She barked. Al’s body stiffened in fright. Lieutenant Hawkeye was a nice lady, but very scary at the same time.
“Y-Yes Lieutenant?” He stuttered. Hawkeye smiled fondly again at his nervous tone as she holstered her gun. There was an audible sigh of relief from Ed.
“Lieutenant Havoc would like to speak to you, so if you would just follow me as well.” She motioned to the two brothers to follow her as she headed out the door. Ed and Al looked at each other in puzzlement before a sharp yell from her sent them scurrying after her.
Ed glared at the door in front of him. He hated the Colonel. He could hear the snide comments and see his smug look already. Just thinking about his dark-haired superior made his blood boil. But there was no point in standing there making himself angry, the colonel did enough of that already. Taking a deep breath and trying to convince himself that he would not lose his temper this time, he pushed open the door without knocking. After all, Mustang was expecting him, right?
Wrong!
Ed froze with a startled squeak at the site that greeted him. Mustang was currently very wrapped up in a young blond woman he had pressed against the desk. It looked to Ed to be a very uncomfortable position to be in, but neither occupant of the room seemed to either notice or care. Feeling his cheeks beginning to heat up uncomfortably, especially when the Colonel’s hand began to wander toward the hem of the young woman’s skirt. That was when he decided that Mustang had blown him off long enough. For something the was so “important” (though Ed had the vague suspicion that Mustang had come up with that to get Hawkeye out of the office long enough for him to get this poor girl into his office without being shot at), Mustang sure wasn’t acting to concerned about it. Damn he hated that asshole!
“As soon as you stop trying to strangle that poor woman with your tongue, Colonel, maybe you would like to tell me what was so important that you sent Hawkeye with a fully loaded gun after me?” Ed demanded, slightly louder than necessary, feeling his trademark smirk creep onto his face when Mustang started, yanking away from the dazed looking young woman with a strangled gasp, and, Ed noticed with some glee, an expression on his face like the one Al used to get when he got caught with his hand in the cookie jar. He felt his heart tug at the thought that he might not see his brother like that again. He pushed the thought violently to the back of his mind. He didn’t need thoughts like that floating around his head when dealing with a now very pissed off looking Mustang.
“Dammit, Ed, knock next time!” The colonel snarled as the young woman nervously straightened her blouse, picked up some papers, flashed Mustang a suggestive smile, and edged nervously past Ed out the door, which Ed slammed after her. Hard. Just for good measure.
“Well, next time you tell someone they want you in their office because it’s “urgent”, you don’t need to start a make-out session with some random girl!” Ed snapped back, also trying to force the image of Mustang’s hand slipping up her skirt from his mind. “You’re going to get sexual harassment charges filed against your ass one day.” he added just a little smugly as Mustang straightened his own uniform and sat casually behind his desk as if nothing had ever happened. Ed strolled over to the two couches in the room and slumped into the one closest to the desk, slouching and crossing his arms like usual.
“Actually, Fullmetal,” Mustang said, and Ed raised an eyebrow. No witty remarks? No sarcastic comment? Something really must be wrong. “there is something I want to talk to you about. And it is rather important.” Ed scowled.
“Well, then instead of fucking around with some secretary, you should have been waiting to tell me if it was so damn important.” He snapped. Just where did Mustang get off sending Hawkeye to shoot at him (though the shooting was really his fault, it was Mustang who sent her in there after him in the first place)and tell him there was something urgent going on, when the only thing that was urgent was that poor secretary’s poor choice in men. (A.N. Ed’s thoughts, not mine) Mustang sent him a look that would have scared the shit out of the devil. Ed, however, just glared right back.
“Just shut your trap long enough to listen to what I have to say!” Mustang snapped, raking a hand through his dark hair agitatedly. “We received a direct order from the Furher the other day. I’ve been doing all that is possible to get you out of this mission because I have a really bad feeling about this.” Ed snorted. Mustang scowled at him but continued anyway. “The Furher gave us specific orders to follow, and that includes who we are to work with.” Ed shrugged.
“Ok then, well give me the orders, I’ll go grab Al, and we’ll head out.” Mustang shook his head.
“If it were that simple then I wouldn’t have gone through all the trouble of getting you in here. I have to listen to you’re shit enough as it is. Why would I want the extra?” He took a deep breath. “The orders are for us to work in teams. You’re not to work with Al on this one.” he sat and waited patently for Ed’s famous temper to kick in. He didn’t have to wait long, and he was not disappointed.
“WHAT DO YOU MEAN I’M NOT TO WORK WITH AL?!?!” he screeched. “ I ALWAYS WORK WITH AL! WHO THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO WORK WITH?!?!?!?” Colonel Mustang sighed agitatedly.
“You are to be working with me.” he answered simply. There was a very pregnant pause.
“WHAT?!”
~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~ @~@~@~@~@~@
“What’s this all about?” Al asked as he followed Lieutenant Hawkeye down the hall to havoc’s office. Hawkeye remained silent for a moment before answering.
“The Furher sent in orders for a new mission that’s going to involve a lot of us in central.” She stated. “We’re going to be paired up with whomever the Furher orders. You are going to be paired up with Lieutenant Havoc. Ed” Here she paused and glanced at Al out of the corner of her eye. “Ed will be paired with Colonel Mustang.” Al made a strangled noise that bounced around the hollow shell that was him.
“Uh-oh.” He muttered.
“Exactly.” Said Lieutenant grimly.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Roses-in-the-Dark: I wont write anymore unless someone likes it, so if u don’t like it, tell me and if u do, tell me.
LeeLee: And please review soon. I have mucho ideas that I want to force Roses to write. *Evil grin*
Roses-in-the-Dark: *gulps* Poor Ed and Mustang and whoever else gets in my Yami-muse’s way!