Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Nightmares ❯ chapter 2: Fucking colonel! ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Roses-in-the-Dark: Yay! I got a review! And it was positive! I guess I’m not as bad a writer as I thought I was! (at least I hope I’m not)*Smiles brightly*
LeeLee: *puts on sun shades* Yes, thanks to Kitty Kiki 39, her confidence is restored, and *evil grin* that means she’s going to be listening to me again!
Roses-in-the-Dark: ……o.0
Ed: *sweat drops* uh-oh! Help!
Mustang: *snaps fingers and tries to burn LeeLee. Nothing happens* uh--oh is right, Fullmetal.
LeeLee: *malicious grin*
Roses-in-the-Dark: *sweat drops* Idea is LeeLee’s and mine, but the characters, sadly, aren’t.
Ed and Mustang: *looks relived*
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~
Al sighed as Havoc lit yet another cigarette and took a long drag.
“And there you have it, kid.” He said, stretching. “We’re not to sure why the Fuhrer (A.N. I spelled this wrong in my last chapter. Hopefully now its correct^_^) wants you to participate in this mission if you’re not even allowed to go with you’re brother. After all, you’re not a member of the military, and Mustang raised enough hell to wake the dead, but orders are orders, and the Fuhrer ain’t changing ’um anytime soon.” Al sighed, the sound echoing slightly off his metal prison. No matter how many times Havoc heard this sound, it never failed to send chills down his spine.
“Yes, lieutenant, I don’t understand either, but I can guarantee that brother won’t like this any more than the colonel did. Less even.” Havoc was just opening his mouth to agree with the younger Elric when he was interrupted by the older one’s opinion it’s self.
“WHAT?!” echoed down the hall as office doors flew open and the occupants looked out in alarm to see what the cause of such a raucous was.
“WHAT THE HELL DO YOU MEAN, IM GOING TO BE WORKING WITH YOU?!” Ed’s voice could be heard clearly all the way down the large hall, and probably down the stone stairway at the end of it, too. “SHIT, CLOLNEL, IF HE WANT’S THIS MISSIOIN TO SUCEED AT ALL, HE NEEDS TO RETHINK THIS PAIRING! AND IF I CAN’T WORK WITH AL, YOU CAN COUNT ME OUT!!!!!!!!”
After registering it was just Ed again, most of the people went back into their offices, shaking their heads in amusement, and muttering about little kids in the army. Havoc grinned around the cancer stick in his mouth.
“I’ll take your word on it.” He was sure that if a suit of armor could glare at him, that one did.

“Calm down, Fullmetal.” Mustang said with a sigh, watching the enraged teen pace up and down the room, finally settling back down onto the couch in front of him in a huff.
“Fucking military.” He muttered, crossing his arms, sinking as low into the couch as possible, and sulking. Mustang sighed and rubbed his temples. Why him? Why Fullmetal? This was going to be a long however-long-this-mission-would-take. Hopefully, in respect of his sanitary and his dignity, that wouldn’t be to long. Ed had been even more irritable than usual lately, and he just didn’t feel like baby-sitting.
“Edward” he said slowly, wishing the pounding in his head would go away “we only have to put up with each other for the duration of this mission. I have done everything I n my power to change the pairings to both of our liking. I would much rather be paired with Lieutenant Hawkeye, but….” He trailed off. Ed smirked thinly.
“We all know why that is.” He said sarcastically. Mustang shot him another glare.
“Shut the Hell up, Fullmetal.” He snarled. His headache had just increased ten fold, but he took Ed’s lack of continued muttering and shouting as a sign of resignation to the fact that they had no choice in the matter.
“Alright, Fullmetal, I’ll expect you to be here at six o’clock in the morning. We are to head out to a small town in the west called Isintrade (A.N. my town^_^). It used to be an ore mining town, with some farming and agriculture thrown in. Pack tonight. We need to catch the seven o’clock train out of here.” Ed stood up, straightening his clothes, tugging and adjusting then. “See you tomorrow, Fullmetal.” Mustang added as Ed turned on his heel and walked out the door, slamming it hard on his way out, making the pictures and windows rattle in their frames. Mustang winced and went back to rubbing his temples. Once again he asked himself, why the hell did he have to be the one stuck with Fullmetal?

“Stupid fucking colonel, I bet the Fuhrer paired me up with him ’cause he knows I hate him so damn much.” Ed grumbled to his silent brother, kicking at a defenseless stone in his path. Al, who was striding alongside his shorter brother, remained silent, knowing that in his present mood, it was better to let Ed rant himself into silence than to try to calm the fuming alchemist down.
“DAMN IT!” he screamed, making Al jump. Before he could be stopped, ed had taken off at a run. Al sighed, knowing from past experiences that his brother would come home calm, pack, and be ready for whatever the Fuhrer had in mind, but he also knew that his brother would be testy and in a foul mood. He also knew that his brother’s nightmares would be worse tonight, when and if he finally got some sleep.

Ed ran and ran until he had a stitch in his side. He didn’t know how far, or how long he had run, but when he looked up, he only vaguely recognized his surroundings. But then again, the darkness always made thing looks so strange, so alien. He and the darkness had something in common. They were both strange to the ways of familiarity and light. He had wanted everything back to the way things were before their mother had died, and he had turned their world upside down even more. His brother was stuck in a trash can, and he had chunks of metal attached to his body. Life for them had lost all sense of normalcy. They had seen innocents lost and he had been powerless to help them, just like he had been powerless to help Al and his mother. Nina, she had been another he had been powerless to help. She had died so horribly. Taking a shaky breath, he turned and headed back the way he had come. He needed to pack. Becoming a dog of the military meant a lot of these stupid missions, but it also meant he had a higher chance of finding the thing that could right at least one of his wrongs. So weather he liked it or not, and he defiantly did not, he was stuck with the fucking colonel for a while. If it meant being a step closer to restoring Al’s body, then he would go through any kind of torture they could think up for him. Anything just to see Al’s face again. His real face. His flesh and blood face.
He had been so absorbed in his thoughts, he hadn’t noticed the footsteps behind him, but as he stopped to try and remember the way, a strong, cold hand grabbed his shoulder, spinning him around to come face to chest with a woman. Blushing, and a little pissed off that he had been taken by surprise like that, he looked up into the face of a pretty young red-headed woman.
“S-sorry miss, I didn’t mean to-uh-run into you.” he apologized, taking a step back. The woman, who had been staring at him with an odd expression on her face, gave him a tiny smile.
“Edward Elric?” She asked. She had a soft, gentle voice. Ed found he liked the sound of it. He returned her smile with a nod.
“Yea, that’s me. What can I do for you?”
The woman didn’t answer, but she reached out and touched his cheek. Ed started slightly, but didn’t pull away. Her hands were cool, and comforting. She stroked his cheek gently, in a comforting motion. Despite himself, he felt himself growing sleepier, and sleepier. He felt his eyes began to droop, his lids becoming heavy. He opened his mouth to say something, but it stuck in his throat. The woman caught him carefully, picking him up gently, and started in the direction Ed had been heading.
“You should sleep.” She whispered gently to his sleeping form. “You’ll need it, dear Fullmetal.”
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
LeeLee: And that’s a wrap!
Roses-in-the-Dark: Remember, if you want to hear more of this story, review. If you don’t want to hear more, I would like to know why so I can make the corrections.
Ed: He, mind telling me what’s going on here?
LeeLee: yes.
Ed: *pouts*
Roses-in-the-dark: *puts hand on Ed’s shoulder.* She’s just acting like this ‘cuz she loves ya.
Ed: *gags*
LeeLee: Just for that, I might come up with something even worse than the worsest thing possible!
Ed: Huh?
Roses-in-the-Dark: Review please!