Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Now ❯ Chapter 3

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ed rolled his eyes. " You want us to stay for a stupid cat?" His tone was laden with irritation, and he regretted it as soon as he saw the effect of his words on his little brother. Though how armour could look so dejected . . . he sighed. There was little enough he could do for Al. "All right, but only until the kittens are born - and you can't take any with us."

"Oh Brother! I am so excited! And Auntie Pinako said I could stay with the cat in the barn too." Armour hopping up and down was certainly a sight to be seen.

Ed shook his head and smiled fondly. Another few days. He could do it. For Al, he could do it. The smile faded. At least he didn't have any more work to be done on his automail. It was hard to keep thinking about new leads when Winry was leaning over him, especially when she wore that black tube top. I'm so stupid, like she'd be attracted to a short cripple who couldn't offer her anything. And what could we do anyway, with Al the way he is. . . No, it's better not to get involved at all.

He looked up to see Pinako talking to Winry in the distance. Winry glanced up to meet his eyes and he felt himself shiver with surprise. There was purpose in her eyes. What was that all about?