Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Now ❯ Chapter 5

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The morning sun reached through the window to discover the two entwined, tangled with the blankets and holding to each other as if in unconscious fear of loss.

"Brother!" The door burst open and Al rushed in to share his news "6 kittens and they all look . . ." His voice trailed off as he took in the scene before him, bare arms and legs entwined, disappearing into covers, blush stained cheeks and tousled hair.

"Al - I. . ." Ed started, concern evident on his face.

"Oh Brother! I am so happy!" Al interrupted, delighting in the confusion on the faces before him. More gently, he added "you need to be able to love others, and to have them love you. I am so happy that it is Winry, because now she will be even more like a sister. Don't you see? This just makes our family bigger!" Al beamed. "Now I have two reasons to celebrate. Auntie said to come down when you are ready - take your time. She will make breakfast then." And with that he left the two behind, staring in bemusment at the door.

Winry spoke first. "I guess there is no point in secrecy here," She announced wryly, as she rolled onto Ed's chest and began tracing the lines she found there "though it does feel weird".

Ed frowned "Yeah, but it does bring up a point. Do you mind if we don't let others outside of our family" he relished the word "know?" His frown changed to worry as he considered her reaction. The wrench after all, had fallen beside the bed and was well within Winry's reach.

Winry smiled "No, I expected it. You would make such a big deal about me being a target because I am special to you." She blushed at the words and Ed allowed himself a delighted grin that she knew him so well.

"Yeah," he stretched lazily and enjoyed the friction it caused. "You know," he started, rougish smile in place "we have effectively been ordered to stay in this room for a while." He feigned innocence "I wonder what we could possibly do to pass the time?"

Winry grinned back, then dipped her head to his neck - which she had found last night to be very sensitive - and murmured "Oh, I think we'll find something to do . . ."