Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Oh Those Lovely Roiai Drabbles ❯ Drabble III: His House ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Drabble III: His House
 
“Well, this is home,” Roy opened his apartment door as he helped his wounded comrade through the door.
 
 
“I'm sorry sir, this must be such a burden. I should just go home.” Riza immediately turned back towards the door to exit. Roy grabbed her by the shoulder, gently, and directed her towards his bed.
 
 
“Remember, your apartment isn't safe, that's why were in this whole predicament. And the doctor told you to stay with someone close because of your injuries,” he ushered her into his bed, “the doctor said that you need to rest for a few days, and change the bandages every four hours if not sooner. Now can I get you anything to drink; the doctor also said that you need to drink lots of fluids too.”
 
 
“I'm fine sir,” she winced as she tried to wave him off, “but do you know how Black Hayate is?”
 
 
Roy was silent for a while, he decided to go into the kitchen and act as if he needed to do something. He didn't have the heart to tell Riza that her little dog isn't doing well. “He's fine Hawkeye. Cain is taking care of him right now, so I'm sure he'll be all right.” A sad `oh' came from his bed as Roy made a glass of water.
 
 
He was glad he broke tradition tonight, walking Riza to her door after the weekly dinner date. If he hadn't been there, she probably would have bleed to death thanks to Lust. Roy still didn't know how she'd gotten into the apartment, but he knew that she was going to use Riza to get to him. He could still remember seeing Lust's claws slicing through Riza's body and piercing through her uniform. From that point on, Roy only remembered bits and pieces of what happened. Pulling on his glove, torching Lust enough to stop her for a bit, holding Riza, grabbing Black Hayate, and moments in the hospital filtered through his mind.
 
Roy walked out of his kitchen, carrying a glass of water and some pills. He placed them on his bed stand and grabbed a chair from the corner. He pulled the chair up next to his bed, “Do you need your pain killers?”
 
 
“No, I'm fine. Just a bit tired,” the young lieutenant replied softly.
 
 
“Get some rest then. You're safe here Hawkeye,” Roy gave her one of his boyish smiles as he opened his side drawer revealing his state issued hand gun. Riza cocked an eyebrow at Roy as he loaded his gun. “What?” She still stared at him funny, “I thought that you would feel a bit better if you knew there was a loaded hand gun close by you.”
 
 
“You really don't need to do this for me sir. Shouldn't you be at work any ways?”
 
 
“Nonsense Hawkeye, if I were in your situation you'd be doing the same for me. Now rest, you need to get better.” Roy didn't want to sound like he was ordering her to rest, but she would just not listen. That was Riza for you. She nodded slightly, letting her self succumb to the Colonel's care, and shifted slightly trying to get comfortable.
 
 
Roy stared at her for a while, watching her shift and drift into a light and probably painful sleep. He leaned over a bit, resting his elbows on his knees. He gently placed one of her resting hands in his. He stroked the top of her hand gently not reassuring her but reassuring himself that everything would be all right.
 
 
 
 
 
 
AN: Well…another drabble out. I like the beginning…but I'm a bit skeptical about the ending. Oh well! On to bigger and better things
 
Comments:
 
Outsane: Thankyou ^^
 
John Slation: Ok! More will come!
 
Psycho 24: Thanks! Yeah...that didn't come out right, but roiai is the best!
 
Nolifer: Thanks!
 
Jazze Al-Bhed-Girl: Thanks for the suggestion! I work with that one for sure! You mean I can e-mail Roy-sama! GASP!!! AHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!! *coff* I am not a stalker >> <<
 
Mortari: Thanks! Yes, her stories rock! It is so hard to find good roiai stories now a days. You really have to look hard.
 
Sinister Tomato: Yeah…a little AU here and there won't hurt anyone, but I see what you mean about Hawkeye being a bit girly. Thanks though!