Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Oh Those Lovely Roiai Drabbles ❯ Drabble IV: Sickness and Rain ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ok, before I start this one I have to say this: This little drabble is dedicated to my uber sexy flirtatious wanabe brother Ross. Love ya man!
 
Drabble IV: Sickness and Rain
 
She loved the rain. It always calmed her. She hated being sick. It meant being achy, feeling crummy, and missing work; however, to her, being sick when it rained was the best. It meant being able to stay in bed, all warm in the covers, just listening to the soothing sounds of patters on the windows and roofs.
 
 
She really just had a head cold, but it was bad enough to keep her from work (a very rare sight for any of her co-workers). She had to admit, she was worried that her co-workers may end up burning down the office, but right now, all that mattered, was staying in her soft and comfortable bed. She stayed in bed most the day, making the occasional trip to the bathroom, or letting Black Hayate out to go to the bathroom; however, when she was in bed, she curled up into a ball under the covers in her usual PJs with Black Hayate right next to her. She kept her eyes shut; just listening to the water hit the windows in irregular rhythms. To her, this was pretty close to how she would want a lazy day in bed to be.
 
 
Her room was dimly lit; the only light came through a window from the stormy outside. It cast a grey tone on the room, adding a slight chill to the atmosphere. The only noises in the room were the patters of rain, and the slow breathing of Black Hayate and Riza. Around noon, a noise reached Riza's ears; some one was opening her door. She knew she locked her door the night before, and decided that some one was trying to break into her apartment.
 
Now Riza was alert, grabbing the loaded gun from under her pillow (her safety blanket). She heard the door open, and clutched her gun tightly, trying not to move. She heard footsteps enter her apartment, and stop.
 
 
“Lieutenant,” the person whispered. Riza lowered her gun once she heard the man's voice.
 
 
“Over here, sir.” She placed her handgun on her bedside table, rewrapping her covers around her. Black Hayate jumped off the bed and trotted over to the man at the door. He squatted down to pet the little pup on the head before heading over to the area where Riza was.
 
“How are you feeling Hawkeye?” The man moved to place his hat on her desk, “You're not contagious are you?”
 
“No, afraid not sir,” she watched him take off his heavy black coat, soaked from the rain, and place it on her chair, “but why are you here? Don't you have work to do at the office?”
 
 
“Yeah, but I thought I'd bring you some soup to make you feel better,” he discarded his normal uniform jacket also on the char.
 
“Oh,” she started to settle back into her covers as he took off his shoes, “what time do you have to be back?”
 
 
“In an hour or so, I'm using my lunch break, but the guys will cover for me,” he moved down to untie his boots. There was a silence between the two, the rain patter echoed through the room. Roy straightened his boots under her desk, calling for Black Hayate. He picked the tiny dog up, placing him on Riza's bed. Riza turned over to look at Roy, scooting over to the left side of her bed. He smiled, taking her actions an invitation. He undid the first few buttons of his shirt as he crawled under the covers.
 
Riza watched Black Hayate settle himself in the left corner of her bed. She felt her bed shift down a bit, as Roy crawled under her bed covers. He turned on his side, so that they were facing each other. “You know, Riza, that red nose really looks good on you,” Roy said playfully, brushing a few loose strands of hair from her face. She buried her head into her pillow, hiding the smile. Roy scooted closer to her, placing one hand under his head, the other around her waist. His hand easily covered her lower back, as he pulled her closer to him.
 
 
Riza sighed, nuzzling her head into her commanding officers chest. Her mind screamed this was so wrong, but she batted that idea off into a corner of her mind. She liked how just one large hand on her lower back could steal her strength from her. She enjoyed the warmth he gave her; she tried to get as close as she could to him. “You know what,” she asked him in a whispered voice.
 
 
“Hm?” Roy looked down at her, rubbing her lower back.
 
 
“This must be paradise.”
 
 
“How so?”
 
 
“Its raining, I get to stay in bed for a day, and I'm being held by you. How can that not be paradise?” She blushed at the fact of sounding so childish. This was a major change from the normally stern Hawkeye.
 
 
“Well, that's a new retrospective on paradise. I guess mine would be almost the same, just remove the rain.” He smiled at her, leaning his head down into her hair.
 
 
“To each his own, sir.” Roy pulled the covers tighter around the two. They were silent after that, enjoying each other's company. The rain once again echoed through the apartment, lulling the two into a peaceful sleep.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
AN: Yeah so…another one in the books! The next one is completely crack filled, I hope I'll get it written tomorrow. I'll respond to all comments then ^^; Thanks for reading! >> hopefully there aren't too many spelling or grammar mistakes