Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Oh Those Lovely Roiai Drabbles ❯ Drabble V: Longing ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Drabble V: Longing
Ok, I know I promised something crack-filled this time…^^; yeah that didn't work out so well. @_@ Sorry it's taken so long to update! School's really taken a pounding on me and my dad just had surgery a few days ago, so I'm kind of like @_@ thank god school's over. Thanks for all the comments ^_^ It brightens my day when I see e-mails sitting in my inbox saying that `You have reviewer comments on your story.' Now if only I could see those e-mails during school >_> damn you middleschoolers who just had to look at porn while on the school's network -_-* Any who, on with the drabble! Remember, R&R! Oh yeah…there may be a few sexual implications, but nothing descriptive. Gotta love the mysteries of PG-13!
 
Springtime, she loved it and yet hated it. Springtime meant warmer weather and sunny days; however, it also meant the time for puppy love.
 
 
It is always hard for her to last through spring. The yearning isn't as bad in the later parts of spring, but in the earlier parts, her life is hell. Even though she isn't in public often, just seeing young couples touching, feeling each other sends a ping though her body. This is the only time she curses the imaginative side of her mind, wishing she didn't have the imagination she did. Maybe she shouldn't read so many romance novels on her time off.
 
 
Who would have though, Riza Hawkeye reading a romance novel on her spare time? All her co-workers probably thought she was the ice queen with a deadly shot who did paperwork during her spare time, even thought there really is a softer side to her. Maybe that's why she became even colder during the springtime? She couldn't let her co-workers see her softer side and ruin her image. No, she couldn't let anyone see the emotions she held out side of work.
 
 
Those emotions always flared up during spring. Just seeing couples together sharing a romantic moment sent Riza's mind spinning with ideas of inspiration. She would always write down her ideas in a journal. Why? She's not even sure of that. Maybe for a way to look back into the past if anything were ever to happen, or a way to cheer herself up during a depression, but one thing was for sure, her ideas made her long for a touch she could never have, a forbidden love.
 
 
In her opinion, this type of love is the worst. Always imaging how it would feel to have his hands run down her sides, how his hands would perfectly interlock with her hands while sprawled out over the covers, resting her head on his chest. Always wondering how his chest would feel, soft like a baby's bottom or rough, carrying scars as memories of sin. Always wondering how it would feel to have him kiss her forehead, breathing synchronized as his hand moves around to rest on her lower back.
 
 
Riza hated and yet loved it when ideas like that would pop into her head. It gave her a false hope that she could fantasize in at home; but when it came time to work, it would leave her in utter agony.
 
 
Even then, she can bring in the slightest bit of hope into her mind, promising herself that she will always be there to protect him, and make sure that he achieves his own goals. All thought protecting him might just seem like part of her job, but she will always know the importance of her actions.
 
 
Maybe one day Riza will tell him, the Colonel, how she feels for him, but for now she has to live with the longing, wondering sometimes while lying in bed, scratching the top of Black Hayate's head, “Why is it so hard to just say those three little words?”
 
Fin
 
-sigh- All right! I'm finally posting again! I kind of like the way this turned out, but I guess it's a way for me to get my own feelings out. Sorry if a few things seem random, but just think of it as representation of the complexity of the female brain =P Thanks to everyone whose commented! See you next time, and maybe in my next story, right? ^_~ (Don't worry, I'm still continuing to write for this one, but I want to start a real ongoing story ya know?)
 
Mimi-san: I'm glad you're enjoying them! >D Feed those bunnies so you can write some fanfiction!
 
Fireun: -dies- *_* I can't believe it's you! Thank you so much for commenting! -dies again- I love your work, and you're comments really mean a lot to me. Thank you thank you thank you =D
 
Aznw1f: Thanks! You golf? Totally cool! =D Yah, I hate when people at my school say golf's not a sport >_> It makes me really want to bop them on the head sometimes. -shrugs- oh well! Golfers unite! Lol
 
Ross: of course my little rossle. It's no problem!
 
Museless Author: You're welcome! I'll do anything for the fandom!
 
Sweet-vixxen-of-love9: Thanks! I'm glad you like my style ^_~
 
Jojodacrow: Oh thank you! I really like you're writing too! It always makes me happy, I'm really sorry to hear about your friend too. I hope he gets better.
 
Warrior of Destiny: Thanks! I totally agree, there aren't a lot of Royai stories, and its even harder to find REALLY good ones too.
 
Keyta-chan: Heh, that's for your own imagination ^_~
 
Oh and Jazze Al-Bhed-Girl, I'm going to write your request tomorrow I think (just as long as I'm not dead from work…) I finally got an idea for it and now the bunnies wont stop biting me for not writing it.