Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Oh Those Lovely Roiai Drabbles ❯ Drabble VI: Dream ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Drabble VI: Dream (or when bunnies attack)
 
Dreaming was her way of escaping the coldness of reality. It's what helped her get through the Ishbal rebellion. Every night, while the war was going on, when she would have to fall asleep on the cold hard ground, she'd let her mind slip into another world. At first it was simple, she would be in some room she didn't recognize under the covers of a small bed with a faceless man, just holding him. Sometimes it felt so real, she could feel the heat his body radiated. It was her safe haven, and as the rebellion got worse, the dream became more complex.
 
 
She would realize the room was hers, the bed was hers, and the comforters were hers. While the man remained faceless, she noticed the little details; the way he'd hold her close, the way his breath fell onto her neck, the way her hand laid flat against his bare chest, how he'd whisper sweet things into her ear, noting that the familiarity in the voice.
 
 
The rebellion ended, but the dream did not. As she regained her life under a new command in Central, it continued to add detail. He would still whisper things into her ear, but now he would gently kiss it, making a trail down her jaw to her neck. His rough hands would leave soft caresses on her bare back as he pulled her closer, as if he could never let her go. One hand would lodge its self in his black boyish hair as she held his head to her neck, his mumbling sending soft vibrations through her shoulder. She never wanted this dream to end.
 
 
As her company went out on the front lines, the dream came back even stronger. Now she would cling to him, as if he were her life-support. She could feel his grin as his lips ever so softly brushed against her forehead. Their legs would tangle as he pulled her closer. She'd nuzzle her head into his toned chest, as he'd pull the covers tighter around them. She'd look up into his obsidian eyes as hot breath and cold air touched her face, smiling. He'd whisper the words `I love you' onto her lips as he closed his eyes, resting their foreheads together.
 
 
It wasn't until after Riza Hawkeye arrived back in Central with the new Brigadier General, after all the celebrations and parties, that she realized the man of her dreams had always been right next to her.
 
Fin

AN: Holy wow, don't know where that spurred from. Well...actually I do...damn the bunnies! This is what kept me up last night. Thankyou fluff bunnies, which didn't give enogh fluff. Maybe I should call them touch bunnies.