Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Oh Those Lovely Roiai Drabbles ❯ Grave ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Spoilers for chapter 27 of the manga ^^;
 
#4 Grave
 
This was the second trip she made to Central for the passing of a friend; only this time her family came to the graveyard in Central.
 
Her mother and father, along with the rest of her family stood on one side of the hill, while she stood in the sea of blue. Most of the dog's here were higher-ups in the military, including Bradley.
 
She felt Mustang's presence next to her as they stood in attention. Her face was stoic as the coffin slowly dropped out of sight. The crowds cleared, as a few sobs echoed through the placid graveyard. Her parents didn't even allow her to mourn with them. She stayed standing next to the new mound of soil as the cars drove off. She thought she was alone when a hand rested on her shoulder.
 
“You know its okay for it to rain today.”
 
She looked at the name inscribed on the tombstone. Closing her eyes, she shook her head, “No, he'd want it to be sunny.”
 
The hand slipped around her shoulder, pulling her into a half embrace, “Its not your fault, you know.”
 
All the cars were gone, save for one, leaving the two alone in the cemetery. “I should have been more alert when I left his office. I didn't even hear some one enter his office.” She paused, her breaths shaky. “The thing that bugs me the most is that I heard my name before the gunshot echoed from his office. When I ran in there he was…he was already…gone.”
 
He looked down at his subordinate through the side of his eyes. Her amber orbs glazed over with water, but nothing spilled from them. Seeing his Lieutenant stuck in such a state stabbed at his heart, and it hurt him even more knowing that her grandfather's death was connected with Hughes'. He decided not to tell her about the relationship between the cases, not wanting to see his twenty-five year old Lieutenant suffering anymore.
 
He ran his thumb across her shoulder, trying to make her relax a bit. He pulled her a bit closer, leaning over pressing a simple kiss on her head, mumbling into her hair the only words of reassurance he could give her. “We'll get the bastard who did this, I'll make sure of that,” and I'll protect your granddaughter, sir.
 
AN: Well, another one done. I'll finish up my punishment next drabble XD …I just had to get this one out of my head. ^^;;;