Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Rainy Day Gate ❯ Chapter 1: Germany? ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Sorceress-Hello everyone Sequel is here and I think it might even be better then the first you never know though

Ed-You say that about all your stories every time

Sorceress-I’m usually right though so don’t even think about stopping me

Riza-Let’s just the story started

Muse-Where’s my chocolate?

Sorceress-I’m broke so you won’t get any unless it’s free got it!

Muse-Waahhhh!

Riza-The Title might change but the story will not

Sorceress-Okay here is the whole summary:

Sometime things are always repeated as Al quests all over the country to find his memories and find his missing brother who is so dear to him even though he doesn’t remember half of the things they did together. Ed tries to find his way back home as he meets familiar faces along the way along with his mysterious father who Dante and his mother loved so much, how will he find his way back home and Al his memories and what will happen when they do? Why does everyone want Ed and his chemistry abilities?

Raining Gate

Chapter 1: Germany?

Ed sighs in absolute misery as the train moves across the country side of Europe all the way to Germany, he still thought back to the time when he was a National Alchemist sometimes he still pretended that the train was taking him back home, back to Amestris but one cannot pretend for long before the hard truth comes crashing down on top of you, making you more miserable then before.

To say Ed had mellowed was both true and false. He certainly wasn’t the loudmouthed teenager he use to be, but he was still Ed. He still had his short temper, although it wasn’t set off as easily. He was still soar about his height he wasn‘t completely tall and he wasn‘t completely short. Even to this day, he was sensitive about the subject. And while he wouldn’t swear or bash your skull in for a comment about his stature, he’d twitch in annoyance and give you a rather nasty glare, dislike about the remark clear on his face. However as his father had discovered that further teasing about Ed’s height did indeed earn you a skull bashing.

When he first arrived he was in England with his father, they didn’t get along at all and Ed was ready to take a vow of silence when he was released from the hospital and was about ready to tear his fathers head off but his father didn’t care he wanted to make amends for his past he wanted to make it up to his son.

--Flashback--

When Hohenheim had been crossing through an area where it was rumored to have a hidden book somewhere on Alchemy, there was rumor that only one other person besides himself had crossed the gate, what he didn’t know was he was half right because at the exact moment Ed appeared from out of the gate a few minutes before his father reached him.

To say Hohenheim was shocked was an understatement, he as down right frozen, his bleeding son in front of him, his arm and leg missing, and half unconscious to begin with. He hurried to the hospital with Ed bleeding profoundly. Ed had ended up with a concussion and three broken ribs he was bed ridden for days and just getting out after two weeks, unfortunately for him his son‘s loud mouth wasn‘t hindered.

Hohenheim sighed at his sons thick headedness, rubbing the bridge of his nose in upcoming headache, again. “Edward you need to take it easy.”

Ed glared up at him once more as he finished with his prosthetics. “What for I‘ve had worse injuries then this you know? Oh wait you don‘t know cause you were never there!” Ed yelled at him sarcastically.

“You just came out if the hospital and I don‘t care if I was never there I‘m here now and you’re my son!” Hohenheim argued back but they were both as stubborn and it was infuriating, so how was he to get his son to listen to him? “Fine, but if you continue to overexert yourself you will never be able to see my books of Alchemy and I will lock you in your room.” Okay blackmail never hurt anyone.

Ed freezes on the spot staring up at him just like a deer in the headlights. “You wouldn’t dare!”

He just smirks back at him “Try me.”

--End Flashback--

That was about three years ago and here he is already missing everyone back home like crazy especially Riza and Al. He never thought he had a home back then but it wasn’t far to get to and now that he had a home it was impossible to get to, oh the irony.

“Ed quite looking outside like the worlds going to end.” Hohenheim said reading the book in his hand carelessly. “I told you it wasn‘t my fault I had to get relocated for my job and a friend of mine promised to end all of the books he finds while We‘re over there to us.”

Ed blinks once “It‘s not that.” he says turning his head back to the scenery outside the train “I’m just thinking of old times is all.”

Hohenheim looks up from his book at his son once and then turns back to his book in silence. He still blamed himself of what happened so many years ago but Ed bashed him over the head last year saying it wasn’t his fault he had to leave, they had gotten close to each other and would probably continue to become closer.

“It looks like it‘s about to rain.” Was the only thing he heard from his son before they fell into a comfortable silence.

-------------------------------------------------------

--Amestris--

Riza sighed in longing looking outside of the office window as the rain continued to pelt down onto the glass window of Brigadier General Mustang. Hayate whined lightly looking up at his unhappy mistress knowing exactly what she was thinking of, she was thinking of the one who stole her heart, Edward.

She reached down and pet her most trusted companion “I know I miss him to boy.”

“We all miss FullMetal Riza.” Ross states, making Riza turn around on her heels abruptly.

Riza sighs turning back to the window. “I know I‘m being selfish.”

“And you have a right to be.” Ross reminded her.

Riza didn‘t say a thing for a few minutes making Ross thinks she had ignored the comment before she answered as quiet as it was. “I know that to.”

“How‘s Al been?” She asked trying to change the subject to less depressing matters “Did he get his State Alchemist licenses?”

Riza turns to her smiling, Maria Ross was the only one who dared talk about Edward with Riza after she almost shot the guy who last mentioned him, who was none other then Havoc. “He‘s been fine he‘s decided to follow his brothers footsteps to see what happened to him, he is also a State Alchemist I think he‘s home with Winry, she‘s probably bashing his skull out for thinking of joining the Military.”

Maria laughed lightly “That sounds like Winry alright.”

“Poor Alphonse, huh?” Riza smiled a little as they continued to talk over things of Al and Ed before they were interrupted.

That was when Mustang decided to make his appearance known “Are you two done gossiping? I‘d like to get some work done, after all having people sign the petition for Military skirts is hard work.” Riza glared daggers at him loading her gun in front of himas Ross sweat dropped “Never mind I think I‘ll leave.” he said hurriedly running before two bangs could be heard.

Riza just stalks off to the practice range, Maria just shook her head and kneeled down “You know she‘s going to kill you one of these days?”

Mustang just smirked “Yeah well, it got her mind off of FullMetal, I think I should start wearing a bullet proof vest.”

“You‘re either the dumbest man I‘ve eve met r the smartest,” She says helping Roy up to a sitting position “but from this recent development I‘d say the second of the two.” Roy just scowled at her back before poking her back out from the door “Oh and if you do start using a bulletproof vest se would probably start using her Alchemy.” as she quickly ducked behind the door as Roy just about snapped his fingers at her that is until his unlucky victim came a long.

“Hey Brigadier General you need to sign some of these documents.” Havoc said around the unlit cigarette between his lips.

‘SNAP’

--To Be Continued--

Sorceress-Well what did ya think?

Riza-I wasn’t in it that much now was I?

Sorceress-Characters these days always so demanding

Ed-And your not?

Sorceress-Shut up next chapter is when they meet up with some familiar characters just with different names

Muse-Remembe to review! AND BRING CHOCOLATE!