Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Rainy Day Gate ❯ Chapter 2: New Recruit ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Sorceress- Sorry I was gone so long I kind a had writers block and I’m not to friendly with my friends recently so I’m kind a avoiding them I just don’t see the point of them since they seem to say things behind my back

Ed-Another emotionless mask to be put up again aye?

Sorceress- I may be emotionless but you’re a pain in the ass

Muse-Death to all humans

Roy-She’s gone insane again hasn’t she?

Chapter 2: New Recruit

Hohenheim was walking quietly by his son’s side watching the houses pass by in Germany once again, they had been on the first train for days and the second one wasn‘t as different as the first. “Where are we going again?”

“How many times do I have to tell you? We‘re going to the train pick up where a friend of mine is picking us up.” Hohenheim just sighs shaking his head and glances up once more, looking at him suspiciously as Ed just sighs once more. “And I expect you to be on your best behavior.” He adds as an after thought to Ed.

Ed just scoffs. “Yeah yeah what ever you say old man.”

Hohenheim eyes him slowly “Your sure in a grouchy mood today,” but stops for a moment thinking then smirks shaking his head “then again it‘s no different from any other day now is it?”

“Hey!” Ed’s eyes narrowed in anger.

Hohenheim just shook his head in amusement. “Come on Edward we don‘t want to be late.” was the only thing he said before walking off.

Ed‘s eyes glinted dangerously as he slowly withdrew a very thick book, his eyes shifting to his father then to the book. “I‘ll show you late.” Ed mumbles to himself hidding the book behind himself and walking off after his father.

----------------------------------------

--Amestris--

It had only been a few days after he had officially became a state alchemist and was going to go on his first mission today. “Ms. Hawkeye! Ms. Ross!” Al yelled running up to the two after an interesting conversation of anything and everything, they were to accompany him on his first mission so he didn‘t mess up or get in trouble after all Riza was Ed‘s partner once it was only fitting that she helped him.

Riza turned when she heard the yell and smiled sweetly and Maria did the same. “Hey Alphonse, you look good.” Maria said looking him over much like a mother would do for a son and that’s what she thought of Alphonse when he returned with no memory of what happened, a son she‘d never had.

Riza ruffled his hair which he had put in a ponytail like his brother had done carelessly to keep it out of his sight it didn‘t help that she saw so much of Ed in him and he adopted his brothers cloths. “Welcome to our Alchemists little club.” she said fondly.

Al just smiled sheepishly “Thanks but I have no idea what I‘m supposed to do for my first mission.”

“Ed said the exact same thing,” Riza said laughing lightly at him in good humor. “well he didn‘t really say it but he showed it.”

Al turned his head to them both, then to the cloudy sky it seemed that it was always cloudy but it never rained not since the day Ed left. “That‘s my first mission to get Ed back.” he turned toward Riza, who had become like a sister to him recently.

“Ed was always like the rain, always changing and never in the same place very long.” she said almost wistfully as Maria looks at her sadly.

He knew she was something to his older brother but she never told him. He could tell by everything she told him of his brother. His brother was a legend in everyone’s eyes, a hero to all who ever crossed him, one who dared to step on grounds even angels dared to tread and still come back and he knew Ed wouldn’t be gone for long if he or his brother had any say in it, it was all a matter of time before they were reunited once more.

----------------------------------------

--Munich Germany--

They had been in a car for hours and Ed was anxious, when the car had finally stopped suddenly making Ed jump out of the car in a hurry as Hohenheim just chuckles and calmly steps out of the car. “This is it home sweet home.” He quickly seizes his baggage and walks up the steps to their new home.

“Yeah yeah.” Ed says while stretching from being in the car so long.

“Alvin! Come back here!” A voice from not to far a way shouted.

Ed looked quickly up as a large white dog came crashing down on him. “YAHHH!”

A little girl ran up to him puffing out her cheeks in dismay. “Alvin you should know better then that, I‘m sorry Mister.”

“It‘s all right, ohh my back.” Carefully got up after pushing the dog off of him, he looked up at her as she came closer but froze.

The little girl looked up at him in confusion. “Mister all you all right?”

“Nina?” Ed gasped out in shock.

She quickly shook her head shyly. “Sorry Mister my names Nancy.”

Ed shook his head clearing but smiling a sad smile of memories long forgotten. “Sorry you reminded me of someone I once knew.”

Nancy just blinked up at him curiously. “Was she a friend?”

Ed just smiled at her. “Yeah a very good friend.”

“Edward come up here and help unpack you lazy excuse for a son!” Ed’s father shouted inside the house moving things into the house carefully settings things up.

Ed‘s eyes narrowed as he growled loudly for his father to hear. “Remember the last time you teased me?”

Hohenheim stuck his head out the window and you could distinctly see five rather large bumps on his head, he just laughed nervously at him rubbing the bumps tenderly as they began to throb at the very memory of what his son had done. “Just hurry it up.”

Nancy just giggled at the display of a father and son teasing each other, more threatening on Ed‘s part though. “Your funny do wanna play?” Nancy asked hopefully. “No one ever has time to play with me.” she said rather sadly that made Ed’s heart go out to her.

“Maybe later, k?” Ed smiled reassuringly as the Nina look a like smile up at him nodding rather enthusiastically. “But if you ever need me you know you can always come by, all right?”

Nancy just smiled up at him nodding once more. “See ya later big brother.” the Nina look a like said smiling then raced off to her own house Alvin trailing along, Ed smiled fondly at her as he watched her leave.

“EDWARD!!!” Hohenheim yelled from inside the house.

Ed just rolled his eyes. “I‘M COMING!”

Alphonse had been watching the whole thing in silence except the few snickers here and there but was now about to join in. “Come now Ed is that anyway to treat your father?” he asked teasingly, they had met in England only a few months back Al was just visiting and it was just by chance they had met. Al had thought it a life time ago, they got along surprisingly well since Ed preferred to be a loner and Al a social butterfly but he wouldn’t have it any other way.

“Oh shush Phonsy.” Ed just waves him off watching his father talk with a couple of his friends.

Alphonse just glares heatedly at Ed as Ed picks up a box and heads inside Al following right behind. “Why do you always call me Phonsy? You know I hate it!” Al spared a glance to Hohenheim silently greeting him as he returns the gesture.

Ed just shrugs hiding a smile as he turns towards the door to get his suitcase. “It just fits.”

Hohenheim just smiles as he watches them walk out of the house once more “Sir, we have to get going and meet the new arrival of the Thule Society.” A figure from his left said, Hohenheim didn’t want his son getting involved with the Resistance or the Thule Society but he knew Ed would get involved sooner rather then latter. Hohenheim was a spy and a scientist but he knew he was nothing compared to his son so Ed was a small part of it, that‘s how Al and Ed had met, who Ed enjoyed to torment just like long lost brothers but he knew Al would never take the place of his real brother.

Ed and Al had just returned from getting the rest of the things for their new house, he could see Ed’s arm was hurting him they didn’t have auto-mail here so they had to build a prosthetic that was skin colored how they came up with it he still doesn’t remember. “Ed how about you and Phonsy go out and explore?”

Ed just grins at him as Al groans. “Not you too!?”

Hohenheim just laughs as he shakes his head. “I‘m just teasing Al, I have something to discuss with some old friends.” Ed looked at him suspiciously but they nodded and walked off to probably play with little Nancy or better yet to go get something to eat.

“Now what‘s going on?” Hohenheim asked when his son was out of ear shot.

The man nodded “We have another insider source that‘s part of the Thule society.”

Hohenheim just nodded “His name?”

“Lieutenant Colonel Maes Hughes.”

--To Be Continued--

Sorceress-Well what did you think? Good I hope I was in sort of a I don’t care kinda a mood

Riza-Your always in that type of mood

Ed-Remember to review next time she won’t hit me so hard

Riza-Shouldn’t of pissed her off

Muse-Remember to leave some chocolate