Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ The Alchemic Equation For Love ❯ A New Partner? ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Summary: Ed and Al Are Given A New Partner As They Head Off Into Lior To Find Scar. But What Secret Does Their New Partner Hold? And Why Does She Seem To Know So Much About The Philosophers Stone?
Disclaimer: I do Not Own the FMACharacters Only My Own!
Parings: Ed/OC Roy/Riza
Warnings: Not Much just a little violence
The Alchemic Equation For Love:
:----:Chapter One: A New Partner?:----:
She never did like trains…even though with all of her years taking them, you'd think she'd be used to them. The young girl, only sixteen sat there alone in the cart, holding the envelope in her hands close to her chest. It had been one full year since she had been too central; she had spent the last year researching more on the homunculi and the philosophers' stone, because that was her job as a state alchemist. She was to follow orders like a dog, for she was a dog of the military. She could feel the train begin to stop and knew that they had finally reached the train station in central. `Wonder who he sent to pick me up this time' She thought as she grabbed her luggage and began to disembark from the train, and sure enough she saw two of her favorite military men waiting for her, Lieutenant Jean Havoc, and Major Armstrong. She waved to the two and walked towards them with a smile on her face.
 
“Well Miss. Karissa, it's a pleasure to see you again,” said Armstrong extending his muscular hand for her to shake. So getting the hint Karissa did it as a piece of paper slipped into her hand. “How was your mission?”
 
“Boring,” replied Karissa as Armstrong and Havoc began to walk with her to headquarters. “So what all has happened since I've been gone? I assume the minute I walk in to headquarters, Hues is going to start bugging me about his daughter” Neither Havoc, nor Armstrong had the heart to tell the young girl about the death of the Brigadier General so both just hung there heads, which Karissa failed to notice. “So is the Colonel still a lazy ass who just sits there?” she asked as both Armstrong and Havoc looked at each other and nodded. “I guess something's never change” And with that, the three walked into central.
 
:----:
 
“You wanted to see me Fuhrer Sir?” asked Colonel Roy Mustang as Fuhrer Bradley turned to look at him. “This is regarding the Elric Brother's I presume?” The Fuhrer just motioned mustang to sit, so he did and awaited the words the Fuhrer wished to speak.
 
“It turns out that there may be an uprising in Lior,” Fuhrer Bradley said as Roy raised an eyebrow. “I want Fullmetal to go there, since it seems Scar is the one leading the uprising, and I have a feeling Edward will have a better chance stopping this than any other military man” Roy, who realized something was still missing waited longer to make sure there was nothing more to be said. “I also want Karissa to go with them” At this Roy stood from his chair.
 
“With all due you respect Sir, I don't believe sending her into Lior is a good thing, I mean surely you know of…” Roy was interrupted as the Fuhrer raised his hands to signal Roy to cease speaking.
 
“I do know of the past Colonel,” replied the Fuhrer in his naturally calm voice. “And I also understand where you're coming from, but you cannot protect her forever. She's grown up…she's a soldier now, remember that!” Roy nodded knowing there was no way to change the Fuhrer's mind, so with all that said the Colonel began his walk back to his office, where a familiar face was waiting for him.
 
“Another mission!” yelled Edward Elric the Fullmetal Alchemist as his brother Alphonce Elric sighed. “We are on a lead towards the philosopher's stone colonel, and we know we can figure it out, all we have to do is go to Lior”
 
“Well Edward I suppose this is your lucky day,” said Mustang as Ed raised an eyebrow. “Your mission involves you going to Lior to see if our thoughts about Scar leading a revolt there are true, however there will be one slight change…”
 
Soon the screaming words of `A Partner' rang out throughout central, and just as Karissa, Havoc and Armstrong walked through the doors. “Man it seems Fullmetal is mad at the colonel again” Karissa just looked at him curiously, she had never been too central at the same time as Fullmetal…so why now? What did Mustang have planned for her this time. She didn't care as she walked away from her escorts and began to make her way to the Colonels office only to see a short, blonde haired boy and a suit of armor walk out of the office looking pissed. Karissa made eye contact for only a second with him but it seemed like forever. Ed noticed the girl with raven hair and almost black looking eyes with a tint of blue in them. She was wearing black pants and a green long sleeved shirt instead of a military uniform, plus she seemed to be wearing a heart shaped locket. Almost as soon as they had looked at each other they both averted their gazes and Ed and Al walked down the hall, and Karissa entered the room of the one, the only, Colonel Mustang.
 
“Where's your report?” asked Mustang as soon as Karissa walked through the door glaring at her higher up. “Don't make this difficult” He said as Karissa sighed and handed him the envelope.
 
“You know I'm gone for a year and you act like you don't even care,” said Karissa propping herself against the wall. “I leave and come back and don't even get a hello. Don't tell me you're still mad because I took this mission? I needed to get away from central and find more information about my life, and the fact you never tell me anything never did help!”
 
“Listen you're my baby sister, so what am I supposed to do? Sit here and watch you get yourself killed? The reason I never tell you anything is because you never think things through” This was making Karissa mad, she just growled and stood up. She was about to walk out of the room until Mustang said one more thing. “I just don't want you to get hurt like last time” She just walked out the door and scowled. She ran down the hallways not paying attention when soon she ran into Lt. Hawkeye.
 
“You know he only does this because he cares about you,” said Riza as Karissa brushed herself off.
 
“Well im not a little kid anymore,” said Karissa as she sighed. “So I guess the new mission information will be in the dorm right? Well I guess I better go check it out, see you Lt. Hawkeye!” With that Karissa walked away as Lt. Hawkeye looked at her left leg and right hand which was covered in a white glove. `He just doesn't want to lose you, like you both lost your father'
 
“I see your back Karissa,” said Fuery as Karissa slumped down on her couch. She had invited Fuery and Havoc over since, they were basically her only friends. “I heard you fighting with the colonel, it never ceases to amaze me”
 
“Well it's his fault for being a stubborn bastard, I mean im not totally helpless you know,” she said as she grabbed the envelope off of the counter. “I mean he could at least say hi to me or act like he cares, He just pisses me off sometimes!” she said as the telephone rang. “Hold on a sec. guys” Karissa walked to the phone and picked it up making sure the line was secure as Armstrong began to speak.
 
“Did you read the note Karissa?” asked the major as Karissa said yes. “It turns out that scar is looking for you, at least that's what the investigations department said”
 
“Are you sure he's looking for me? Or is he looking for the element alchemist?” she asked as Armstrong sighed. “I bet that's the only reason im going on this mission in the first place, is to kill scar and watch out for the Elric brothers. Anyways Armstrong I'll keep you posted”
 
“Ok then Miss. Karissa, but remember, don't die on me!” Armstrong said as Karissa hung up the phone and went to go and chat with Havoc and Fuery.
 
“Maybe you guy's should head home, since I've got to be up bright and early for a mission,” said Karissa as Havoc and Fuery left and she got ready for bed. She jumped into her bed looking at the picture on her nightstand, she was only five years old, Roy was fourteen and her mother and father were all in the picture. It was one family that would never be whole again.
 
Ed and Al awoke the next morning bright and early since they had to walk to Lior since all trains and roadways were blocked. Al sat there waiting for his brother as Ed finished getting dressed and checking to make sure his auto-mail was in top shape. With that finished the two brothers headed to the train station to meet there partner, since it was easier to meet there then to meet at central. Karissa awoke to her alarm clock blaring in her ear, she sighed as she smashed down the snooze button. Her brother wanted them out of central by six am and frankly that made him more of a bastard in Karissa's eyes. The young girl showered and got dressed wearing her traditional black pants but this time an orange tank top and a white glove on only her right hand. She began her walk to the train station, the information from the envelope etched into her head. It was a brisk morning and frankly working with a partner didn't help lighten Karissa's mood. She finally made it to the train station and found Fullmetal and a suit of armor that was his brother Al. “You know for being a state alchemist, I expected you to be taller Fullmetal!” said Karissa as she smirked waiting for the blonde to freak out, which happened almost instantly.
 
“WHO ARE YOU CALLING TO SMALL TO BE A STATE ALCHEMIST AND YOU CAN'T TELL THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN HIM AND A PEBBLE SMALL!” cried Ed as Al held him back from attacking the girl.
 
“Calm down Fullmetal,” said Karissa who was trying to hold back her laughter. “One, perhaps you should listen to what people say and not twist their words, and second it's not nice to yell at your new partner” Ed's eyes grew, and Al's would've if he had eyes.
 
“So you're the new partner the colonel was talking about?” asked Al as Karissa nodded and Ed grunted. “Well I can say we weren't expecting a girl!” Karissa was about to speak, but a guy driving what looked like a tractor with a trailer attached appeared,
 
“Well looks like our ride to Lior is here,” said Karissa as the guy jumped from the drivers spot to allow her to drive.
 
“You mean you're driving to Lior?” asked Ed not really trusting that this was a safe plan. Karissa just nodded as Al and Ed got into the trailer. “Do you even know where your going?”
 
“If I didn't I wouldn't be driving would I,” she replied waving goodbye and starting off. Ed just crossed his arms and Al just sighed, his brother's stubbornness would never change, even now that he was sixteen. `This girl looks familiar…' thought Al as he looked at his brother.
 
“Say Ed, do you really think Scar is in Lior?” asked Al as Ed shrugged.
 
“That's what the Colonel said, but who knows Al, who knows” said Ed as Al dropped the subject. This was just the beginning in there journey…and the ending wasn't going to come for some time.
 
:----:
 
A/N: I would appreciate Reviews, and any flames will be used to show im just as good as Colonel Mustang :D